This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Lee.

Hot tub heat pump for warm water?
« on: November 29, 2022, 03:35:08 pm »
Hi,
Has anyone tried a hot tub heat pump for warming the water and storing the water in the van?  Does anyone know if it will get the water warm enough?

NWH

Re: Hot tub heat pump for warm water?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2022, 04:09:38 pm »
Let me know how quickly the electric bill goes up when that’s turned on can you lol.

Lee.

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2022, 04:16:32 pm »
 ;D ;D
I would but I haven’t bought one. I just wondered if they would be efficient as my friend has a paddling pool and heats it with a heat pump and says it’s not too costly. I have seen them advertised as 5 times more efficient than a usual water heater.  Just wonder d if they would be a viable solution and if anyone has tried it?

Drake

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2022, 04:24:51 pm »
It would work, but it costs a lot to heat up cold water.

Lee.

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2022, 05:10:13 pm »
Thanks guys,
I guess it’s a rethink.

NWH

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2022, 05:28:47 pm »
Home fire logs 25 notes a bag you could always light em round you’re tank 😂,listen just go out and buy a diesel ⛽️ heater within 5-10 minutes you’ll be cracking windows with ease on a cold morning 👌.

Ched

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2022, 06:12:15 pm »
It would work and IF the claims of efficiency are correct it would cost about 20% of using an immersion heater.
The big problem is air temp, most of these heat pumps won't work below about 10 degrees C, so no good for UK winters.

windowswashed

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2022, 05:40:35 am »
That reminds me that I got given a working hot tub heater and was planning on trying it out but put it in the garage as I didn't have any large hose and connections to try it out.  Will have to dig it out and find some hose and connections for it.