This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

NBwcs

Re: Round valuation
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2022, 11:21:53 am »
Quote from: NBwcs link=topic=222451.msg210301

1#msg2103011 date=1655679935
Why is it not worth X 10 all this it’s only worth what someone is willing to pay maybe,just weed out the idiots that give you offers otherwise trying it on.
Anyone that knows the job knows that they’ll earn it back in no time if they are introduced over a couple of months there’s no reason why they should lose hardly any.

errr no ::)roll , if they buy an established round from an experienced wc at x10 its monthly turnover, itll take 10 months before he sees a profit if he's a sole trader, unless he,s Terry Burrows on crack.

It depends on your buyer. If they are cash/credit rich (someone building a business with employees, redundant person with a payout etc.) they view it as an investment.

If it's Billy scratch-ass off the dole, not so much.  ;D

Investment or massive gamble? If you buy a round you really havnt got a clue what it's going to look like in 10 months plus time. I know someone who bought a round and reckons it was that badly priced /looked after that by time he had stated charging the amount he needed at the interval he needed he'd lost nearly all of it and fell out with the wc he bought it off. Buying a round at 1 to 4 times its monthly value some may consider worth the risk but 10 x is nuts. You really are buying goodwill and you can easily get stung, the more you pay the bigger the sting can hurt.

Shrek

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2022, 12:03:41 pm »
Quote from: NBwcs link=topic=222451.msg210301

1#msg2103011 date=1655679935
Why is it not worth X 10 all this it’s only worth what someone is willing to pay maybe,just weed out the idiots that give you offers otherwise trying it on.
Anyone that knows the job knows that they’ll earn it back in no time if they are introduced over a couple of months there’s no reason why they should lose hardly any.

errr no ::)roll , if they buy an established round from an experienced wc at x10 its monthly turnover, itll take 10 months before he sees a profit if he's a sole trader, unless he,s Terry Burrows on crack.

It depends on your buyer. If they are cash/credit rich (someone building a business with employees, redundant person with a payout etc.) they view it as an investment.

If it's Billy scratch-ass off the dole, not so much.  ;D

Investment or massive gamble? If you buy a round you really havnt got a clue what it's going to look like in 10 months plus time. I know someone who bought a round and reckons it was that badly priced /looked after that by time he had stated charging the amount he needed at the interval he needed he'd lost nearly all of it and fell out with the wc he bought it off. Buying a round at 1 to 4 times its monthly value some may consider worth the risk but 10 x is nuts. You really are buying goodwill and you can easily get stung, the more you pay the bigger the sting can hurt.

Surely someone would know if a round is underpriced or not before they actually hand over the money.

Shrek

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2022, 12:08:47 pm »
I like to think of my round as a subscription service with no contracts , and that’s how I’d sell it . Just like they run some gyms.
My local gym has 1500 members paying £16 a month , no contract. Would that be classed as good will if you bought it?

Stoots

« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2022, 01:07:48 pm »
I would never sell any work I have for X 3 lol who thought that one up then,a doddle of a single job for £70-80 that takes 25 minutes for 210-240 yeah I bet someone would pay X 3 let me know where there’s some of that for sale please.
You should employ someone and once they know it send them out alone if it goes T**S up then think about selling it,you could give him 2/3rds or 1/2 and get more than you’ll get from any pension unless you have built up a ridiculously large pot.

On the flip side if you had 20 or 30 customers paying a tenner a month and they were all poor payers, poor access, spread out or otherwise not lucrative to you anymore why would you not ship them on for 3 cleans. If you have work coming out of your ears and you just want rid of the dross at the bottom it's either that or dump it. I've done that a few times  ;D

But i wouldn't sell my best work for 3 cleans or even 6 cleans I'd probably want 10. So I guess you get what you pay for, I don't see any reason why quality work shouldn't be worth 10x

Your doddle of a job for 70 quid In 25 minutes hardly falls into the dross category does it not even in your neck of the woods.

NWH

« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2022, 01:43:38 pm »
You are talking about totally different work m8 for you’re X 3.

NBwcs

« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2022, 02:58:34 pm »
I like to think of my round as a subscription service with no contracts , and that’s how I’d sell it . Just like they run some gyms.
My local gym has 1500 members paying £16 a month , no contract. Would that be classed as good will if you bought it?

The crucial wording here is "no contracts" so yes, it's pretty much goodwill.

Shrek

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2022, 04:39:13 pm »

Intangible assets !

NBwcs

« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2022, 04:55:29 pm »

Intangible assets !
Part of the definition of intangible assets is "goodwill"  :)

Perfect Windows

« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2022, 06:02:05 pm »
Hi all, it's been a while since I've been on the forum so be kind.
I'm now 66 and drawing my pension so I'm offloading some of my round to start to wind things down.
My question is this, what's the going rate for selling work?
I've always assumed 4 times the monthly value but my son-in-law says 10 times.
Any advice would be appreciated.
David

Sell a list of names on a pad and you might get 2x.

Sell it as a thriving business with a solid turnover and proof that the customers are well-priced and have been with you for years and you might get 12x.  Investing £12,000 to get £12,000 a year of (very profitable) turnover is a bargain by any measure.

Vin

NWH

« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2022, 06:13:30 pm »
I know that if I introduced someone over a period of months if they were what I considered to be the right person they’d lose next to no work,for the sake of a few months of you’re time it would make it more profitable than to just sell work for X 3 that’s X 3 what you get  from it in a month from a business that’s been built up and worked for decades,I can’t see the sense behind that myself it’s giving it away.
You would be better off employing someone to work  it and take a cut,some would say franchise it.

Splash & dash

« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2022, 06:45:52 pm »
I know that if I introduced someone over a period of months if they were what I considered to be the right person they’d lose next to no work,for the sake of a few months of you’re time it would make it more profitable than to just sell work for X 3 that’s X 3 what you get  from it in a month from a business that’s been built up and worked for decades,I can’t see the sense behind that myself it’s giving it away.
You would be better off employing someone to work  it and take a cut,some would say franchise it.

I don’t have to time for all that I would rather sell it at 4x and move on within a few months there will be a few hundred more jobs taken on that also will be sold just keep refining what we do . We have the person taking over the work come out with us and watch meet the customers for  one visit if they want to then it’s handed over to them , I did look at franchising but cannot be bothered with it ,currently employ 6 and don’t  want to expand any more so just sell off stuff when I can .