This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

james peters

I indulged in a bit of nostalgia... beware lol.
« on: June 16, 2022, 09:30:57 pm »
so my son has finished college , and he's having a gap year before he goes to uni.
he's helping me for the gap year.
I decided to do a few small semis downstairs trad to keep my hand in while son does the upstairs wfp.
on some properties its actually quicker, and we use less water , and I have enjoyed doing a bit of trad , after all its what I learnt 30 years ago when I started .
I had a long standing customer accuse me of not doing his windows as they were left dry  ::)roll
He was was ranting like a mad man and wouldn't allow me to explain .
so I gave him his money back and told him to jog on .
I dont need advice or critisism , this is a post that is funny , its not a post for advice .

NWH

Re: I indulged in a bit of nostalgia... beware lol.
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2022, 09:38:59 pm »
I basically did this with my dad years ago and didn’t bother going back to commuting up and down the motorway 🛣 anymore so be aware lol,it’s to free and uncomplicated is window cleaning.

james peters

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2022, 07:52:29 am »
I basically did this with my dad years ago and didn’t bother going back to commuting up and down the motorway 🛣 anymore so be aware lol,it’s to free and uncomplicated is window cleaning.

I hope not, he's too intelligent.
having said that , as long as he's happy ;D

NWH

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2022, 09:45:30 am »
Yea so was I at the time lol.

dd

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2022, 12:43:16 pm »
Yea so was I at the time lol.
What, you used to be intelligent!

NWH

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2022, 03:19:31 pm »
If you have a nice rural round that earns good money he ain’t going back to any office anytime soon after a few months lol,that’s what window cleaning does it shows you how much time you can have to yourself or how little depending on how you want to play it.
I was travelling to Reading every day leave at 6-30 home at 7-30 if I was lucky staying up 2 nights a week,you say intelligent why would anyone so intelligent want to be in a concrete building all day unless they were earning stupid money most I speak to want to get out of that life.

james peters

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2022, 05:57:52 pm »
If you have a nice rural round that earns good money he ain’t going back to any office anytime soon after a few months lol,that’s what window cleaning does it shows you how much time you can have to yourself or how little depending on how you want to play it.
I was travelling to Reading every day leave at 6-30 home at 7-30 if I was lucky staying up 2 nights a week,you say intelligent why would anyone so intelligent want to be in a concrete building all day unless they were earning stupid money most I speak to want to get out of that life.

he wouldn't be in a concrete building all day .... he is studying to have a career doing his hobbies which are  filming and music producing.   
his older step brother does the same freelance .
and in fairnress , they can earn money way way above any window cleaner or exterior cleaner .

NWH

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2022, 06:15:57 pm »
You’re only earning way way more than a window cleaner when you’re earning way way more than a window cleaner,it’s a good job some of these 20 somethings don’t really know what you can earn scrubbing glass they would all be jacking in the classroom.

james peters

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2022, 07:03:33 pm »
You’re only earning way way more than a window cleaner when you’re earning way way more than a window cleaner,it’s a good job some of these 20 somethings don’t really know what you can earn scrubbing glass they would all be jacking in the classroom.

I agree with this ..... I dont think he's doing it  for higher earnings , he just wants job satisfaction.
He knows what I take most days , and he knows I am home by 3 most days .
he did a render clean with me , and was pretty impressed by how much we got for a few hours .
we will see how the next few months pan out  ;D

AuRavelling79

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2022, 10:30:31 am »
so my son has finished college , and he's having a gap year before he goes to uni.
he's helping me for the gap year.
I decided to do a few small semis downstairs trad to keep my hand in while son does the upstairs wfp.
on some properties its actually quicker, and we use less water , and I have enjoyed doing a bit of trad , after all its what I learnt 30 years ago when I started .
I had a long standing customer accuse me of not doing his windows as they were left dry  ::)roll
He was was ranting like a mad man and wouldn't allow me to explain .
so I gave him his money back and told him to jog on .
I dont need advice or critisism , this is a post that is funny , its not a post for advice .

He probably saw the squeegee marks and the missed top frame.  ;D
It's a game of three halves!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2022, 10:34:08 am »
Also, all three of my daughters when they were at school were embarrassed at having to say that their dad was a window cleaner. They said they would never window clean.

When they were at college or uni they all worked with me for part time earnings. The youngest and most educated still does!

;D
It's a game of three halves!