van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

JM123

Re: batteries
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2006, 02:11:56 am »
another thing to watch for is reverse polarising a battery, most modern chargers will automatically cut off if you connect them up the wrong way, however if you are using a charger that doesn't shut off if the polarity is reversed then this can also cause iver heating and expansion, its also not good for your varistream, it will properly knacker it.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

gary evans

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2006, 07:21:01 am »
Thanks for all the info

Been on charge all night will look later .

Gary

paul mather

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2006, 03:05:28 pm »
Took battery back to supplier & was changed no questions asked. Both battery chargers work fine on it.

Jeff1,
What do you think my regime of charging should be. Charge after a couple of days overnight on a slow charge?
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

jeff1

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2006, 03:18:44 pm »
Took battery back to supplier & was changed no questions asked. Both battery chargers work fine on it.

Jeff1,
What do you think my regime of charging should be. Charge after a couple of days overnight on a slow charge?
Hi Paul
Glad to hear you have a new one.
So if both chargers are working fine? then it was like I said a short in the battery?
Explosion springs to mind, and take my word for it you don't want to be any were near a battery when it explodes.

Paul I know its more expense but the sooner you can buy the
intelligent charger go for it.  I don't know what your work load is so its difficult to say. 
But remember my post about letting it get to low, and lead deplesion.  All I can say is charge it on a regular basis and keep it topped up, a trickle charge over night wont hurt it. and will keep it nicely topped up.

Jouk45 site is working now.

paul mather

« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2006, 03:26:26 pm »
I can't justify forking out anymore money at present, the whole system has cleared me out. My new charger does have a cut off switch when the battery is completely charged though. Any good?
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

jeff1

« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2006, 03:34:13 pm »
Paul the charger you have will suffice,

But a new charger will be like all the other bits you have bought, you'll wan't to improve as time goes by, and as money allows. Good luck I have all this to come yet? but looking forward to it.

marc

« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2006, 10:59:05 pm »
out of interst where is the best (CHEAPEST)place to buy a replacement battery

jeff1

« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2006, 08:41:31 pm »
That question is more difficult to answer, than about battery problems, because of competition between suppliers ect,

surf the net or better still start a new post, there will be plenty of guy's on here who have recently bought new batteries and will be able to tell you were they get them and maybe prices. sorry not much help

Jeff

paul mather

« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2006, 08:27:19 am »
Bought my 11oah leisure battery for £46 @ a caravan supplier called Barons, not sure if they are a national company though.

Failing that this was about the cheapest I could find on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MARINE-LEISURE-CARAVAN-CAMPING-CAR-BATTERIES-ALL-NEW_W0QQitemZ160014420934QQihZ006QQcategoryZ76066QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

Lee.

« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2006, 10:40:46 am »
bought my leisure charger from halfords, they were doing a deal on them at one time for £19.99 but I think they have gone back to proper price. Dont think they sell them on the website and they seem to be dissapearing from the shops. You may have to hurry if you want one

Lee

dai

« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2006, 08:57:22 pm »
I have a battery charger made by Soneshine. They are designed to charge gel batteries for mobility scooters.
It say's on the case that it should only be used for charging batteries of this type. Why? Could I not use it for a leisure battery? Anyone know the answer? It's a good charger going to waste. Dai

dai

« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2006, 10:24:40 pm »
This link tells you all you need to know about batteries. Dai.
http://www.windsun.com/Batteries/Battery_FAQ.htm#Major%20Battery%20Types