van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

KS Cleaning

Mounting an electric reel
« on: August 03, 2021, 10:15:06 pm »
My electric reel got delivered today, going to fit it at the weekend. Not sure whether to just put it directly on to plywood or to build a frame to raise the height of it. Looking for some ideas, could you share pics of your reel set up please. TIA

Splash & dash

Re: Mounting an electric reel
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2021, 10:33:20 pm »
They are always easier to use if off the van floor , hears a couple of pictures of two of our van set ups

Splash & dash

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2021, 10:48:20 pm »
Just found this one as well we now have two reels mounted in the shelf rather than one this is an old picture , excuse the mess !!!!! Staff for you 😂😂😂

KS Cleaning

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2021, 10:58:29 pm »
Thank you Splash. Seeing as you use under the van rollers I take it you choose to raise the reels off the floor more for the storage underneath rather than ease of use?

Splash & dash

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2021, 10:14:25 pm »
Thank you Splash. Seeing as you use under the van rollers I take it you choose to raise the reels off the floor more for the storage underneath rather than ease of use?

Both really if the reels are on the floor all that space isn’t usable and with them being raised you don’t need to bend over to guide the hose on the reels ,I have tried several options and found the higher up they are the better it suites or way of working and carrying other kit .

anderclean

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2021, 08:52:57 am »
great pics, thanks
so with thru the floor guides do you have to disconnect and reconnect your pole every time you stop/start ?

Splash & dash

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2021, 07:26:46 pm »
great pics, thanks
so with thru the floor guides do you have to disconnect and reconnect your pole every time you stop/start ?

Yes

Tristan R Clean

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2021, 08:02:59 pm »
sorry to hijack the thread but
Which is better Splash?
New Power up electric reel
Or the Pure Freedom?

Tris

Splash & dash

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2021, 08:46:13 pm »
sorry to hijack the thread but
Which is better Splash?
New Power up electric reel
Or the Pure Freedom?

Tris

Obviously the pure freedom reels are better quality and very heavy duty , and more torque and faster , but the 3 D is a good reel we have 6 of them and 2 pure freedom ones .