This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

this is showing on my temperature display when heater on.....heater and controller working fine...

any ideas?
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

Re: v11 controller.... " -1 n p " showing on temperature display....
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2021, 10:36:06 am »
its a liquid logic controller that came with my grippatank hot system....

Smudger

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2021, 02:42:06 pm »
No Point - (in having hot water ?)  ;D

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

NWH

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2021, 02:52:02 pm »
Have you tried turning everything off and taking the top 20 amp fuse out the side of the heater and replacing it,take it out for 20 seconds put it back in and turn the controller on again.
If the heater powers on it could be the controller itself.

Ian Sheppard

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2021, 03:55:06 pm »
this is showing on my temperature display when heater on.....heater and controller working fine...
any ideas?

Hi Dazmond NP displayed on the controller is No Probe this means that that the controller can not detect the probe. Depending on the controller age the temp probe is a White cable and may have a black connector plug.  Have a look at these. The hot water controller would normally be protected by a 10a fuse.

V16 Is Here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AhbZirSlpI&t=8s
Polarity Protect technology

Ian Sheppard

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2021, 04:08:10 pm »
any ideas?

Hi Dazmond NP displayed on the controller is No Probe this means that that the controller can not detect the probe. Depending on the controller age the temp probe is a White cable and may have a black connector plug.  Have a look at these. The hot water controller would normally be protected by a 10a fuse.

If you have a newer v11 HW the black probe has a bayonet style fitting on the top  there is a blue connector plug inside the probe check this is seated across the 6 pins in the bottom of the plug. 

What is likely is that the temp probe cable may have got pulled or caught and this has pulled the connectors apart and this will generate the NP (no probe ) message
V16 Is Here

Ian Sheppard

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2021, 04:34:49 pm »
Hi Dazmond. Attached is a user guide showing the Bayonet style probe. The temp probe is the same but does not have the Pins at the bottom. The both have a blue connector plug in the base of the probe. Chances are teh cable has pulled tight and the blue connector is no longer fully connected into the probe

Cheers
V16 Is Here

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2021, 09:59:04 am »
Thanks very much ian I'll check it next week when i get back off holiday.

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2021, 11:36:45 am »
temperature probe is connected properly and fittings nice and tight.....still showing np so i guess the probe is faulty after 3 and a half years of working smoothly...no biggie ill just have to make sure i put an oil filled radiator in the back of my van on very cold nights as my frost stat wont work(ive actually turned it off because it was going off in the middle of the day with temperatures of 30c outside! ::)roll ;D)

NWH

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2021, 02:35:32 pm »
Or you could always buy another controller Daz I think that would be less hassle

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2021, 03:41:51 pm »
Or you could always buy another controller Daz I think that would be less hassle

err.....there nothing wrong with the controller nigel.......why would i buy another one?

Jonny 87

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2021, 08:21:43 pm »
Surely that’s worth a fix Daz. Either new controller or probe, whatever it needs.

Part of the big selling points of these systems are not having to faff on at night with a radiator in the van.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Simon Trapani

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2021, 06:32:27 pm »
temperature probe is connected properly and fittings nice and tight.....still showing np so i guess the probe is faulty after 3 and a half years of working smoothly...no biggie ill just have to make sure i put an oil filled radiator in the back of my van on very cold nights as my frost stat wont work(ive actually turned it off because it was going off in the middle of the day with temperatures of 30c outside! ::)roll ;D)
Daz, are you seriously not going to  go back to an oil filled radiator? Why not just replace or repair the faulty part?

dazmond

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2021, 06:59:17 pm »
Daz, are you seriously not going to  go back to an oil filled radiator? Why not just replace or repair the faulty part?

if its an easy fix and i can get a replacement probe ill sort it but i cant be arsed at the moment as ive been away for a few days and im back playing drums with my band,rehearsing,gigging and EQ ing my drum sounds on my roland sound module.... ;D.....also im fitting out my girlfriends new summer house with insulation,electrics and a bar with optics over the next few weeks..... 8)

Simon Trapani

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2021, 07:53:31 pm »
Well you’ve got until winter I suppose.

Ian Sheppard

« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2021, 04:36:44 pm »

if its an easy fix and i can get a replacement probe ill sort it but i cant be arsed at the moment as ive been away for a few days and im back playing drums with my band,rehearsing,gigging and EQ ing my drum sounds on my roland sound module.... ;D.....also im fitting out my girlfriends new summer house with insulation,electrics and a bar with optics over the next few weeks..... 8)

I was off last week and playing some catch up today. Blimey you are going have a busy time of things for a bit there Daz. Drop me an email and we can sort you out a replacement Temp probe.
Cheers
V16 Is Here

dazmond

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2021, 06:50:30 pm »
thanks ian but its working fine now!temperature display is showing as normal today and everything seems to be running smoothly....maybe me tightening the fittings a bit was the problem after all?....it just didnt show straight away after id done it.... :D

thanks again ian...... ;)