This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

combat1

What’s it worth?
« on: April 28, 2021, 07:30:27 pm »
So considering a few options and would value your experience.
2010 Peugeot Bipper professional, 150,000 miles. 11 months MOT, full service history. Air con. Couple of small dents but nothing bad at all. New battery last year.
Plus 350 litre tank with immersion, pump, flow controller and leisure battery in box. Bilge pump, hose and trigger for filling backpack etc.
Double fused circuits with temperature guage, leisure battery volt guage and in tank tds reading.  Magnetic orange flashing lamp.
25 ft slx, old but used daily.
How much do you reckon it’s worth?  Politely!
Thanks

Slacky

Re: What’s it worth?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2021, 07:32:39 pm »
Depends who's in the market You might be lucky and get £1000.

NWH

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2021, 07:40:44 pm »
Got to be worth a couple of grand surely if you are able to straight out and work with it,I take it the van runs ok 11 months MOT is worth something alone.

Ched

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2021, 12:18:57 am »
Are you selling or buying?
Have a look on ebay and auto trader for price of van. Then price up similar system and half it.

Spruce

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2021, 06:58:12 am »
So considering a few options and would value your experience.
2010 Peugeot Bipper professional, 150,000 miles. 11 months MOT, full service history. Air con. Couple of small dents but nothing bad at all. New battery last year.
Plus 350 litre tank with immersion, pump, flow controller and leisure battery in box. Bilge pump, hose and trigger for filling backpack etc.
Double fused circuits with temperature guage, leisure battery volt guage and in tank tds reading.  Magnetic orange flashing lamp.
25 ft slx, old but used daily.
How much do you reckon it’s worth?  Politely!
Thanks

Hi Combat. This sounds like your van. Personally I would split them.
The van has a high mileage which could put buyers off. By taking the system out you will appeal to a larger buyer market.

Difficult to say what it's worth as vans are selling for a premium atm
As has been suggested, have a look on ebay to try to see what they are fetching.

I would always suggest you sell a van without the system. It absolves you from any comeback should the van be later involved in an accident and the new owner insinuates the tank wasn't fitted safely.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

combat1

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2021, 07:31:30 am »
Thanks guys, much appreciated.
If 2k would probably have sold but as usual Spruce has raised a very valid point about future accidents.
Think it’s better to just keep on and run it out.
Thanks Spruce brilliant advice as usual.
Hope all is good for you.

Spruce

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2021, 09:02:08 am »
If 2k would probably have sold but as usual Spruce has raised a very valid point about future accidents.

If the tank was fitted by a wfp supplier such as Ionics or Purefreedom then the onus is on them to have fitted it correctly.  However, what I don't know is if there is anything in the small print about this certificate of competence being transferable, time limited or roadworthiness; (due to rust for example.)

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Ched

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2021, 12:58:44 pm »
Where in the UK are you? At that sort of money I might be interested - not great timing for me but might be interested. Is there any personal message system here? I would be happy to sign to absolve you of liability from any tank installation.

combat1

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2021, 10:19:39 pm »
Hi Ched,
Was just trying to get an idea of what they might make.
I’m in Hampshire.
Got two vehicles and running the van is quite expensive. I’m getting old now and was considering easing back a bit.

Ched

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2021, 10:33:00 pm »
Hi Ched,
I’m in Hampshire.
Got two vehicles and running the van is quite expensive. I’m getting old now and was considering easing back a bit.
I am too far away and not ready for a van for a good few months yet. I would say 2k is way too low. OK so the van has high mileage but it has a full service history in it's favour, plus air con.  Looking at AutoTrader similar mileage vans are up from 2K to 3K. So I would say the empty van is worth 2K+ and then the system should be worth a few quid. Look at ebay for ready to go vans - I would guess more like 4K!!! Price it high and see what happens, what have you got to lose?
I am about to start window cleaning (been held up 18 month due to Covid - shielding) and going to work out of car for a few months to see what it's really like out there :-) . I was thinking that if all goes well, in about September I would get a van. Again waiting to see how things go - i.e. weather to just focus on window cleaning and use a bipper/nemo type vehicle or go a bit bigger so I can carry gutter vac or PW if necessary.
How do you find the bipper?

combat1

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2021, 11:43:29 am »
Thanks Ched for your advice.
Wow that’s a long time off mate, feel for you but glad your getting out now.
Out of interest, done some trials and I found working out of the Astra with a smaller tank and backpack just fine.
Take care and thanks again to you and Spruce.

dazmond

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2021, 01:32:26 pm »
Hi Ched,
I’m in Hampshire.
I am too far away and not ready for a van for a good few months yet. I would say 2k is way too low. OK so the van has high mileage but it has a full service history in it's favour, plus air con.  Looking at AutoTrader similar mileage vans are up from 2K to 3K. So I would say the empty van is worth 2K+ and then the system should be worth a few quid. Look at ebay for ready to go vans - I would guess more like 4K!!! Price it high and see what happens, what have you got to lose?
I am about to start window cleaning (been held up 18 month due to Covid - shielding) and going to work out of car for a few months to see what it's really like out there :-) . I was thinking that if all goes well, in about September I would get a van. Again waiting to see how things go - i.e. weather to just focus on window cleaning and use a bipper/nemo type vehicle or go a bit bigger so I can carry gutter vac or PW if necessary.

i only work part time hours (20-25 hours a week)and i have a 500L tank and a connect L2 240 limited.....i nearly drain the tank most days....

IMO a bipper/nemo type van  with  250L tank is too small unless you plan on tradding ground floor windows....
price higher/work harder!

Ched

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2021, 02:04:32 pm »
Hi Ched,
I’m in Hampshire.

i only work part time hours (20-25 hours a week)and i have a 500L tank and a connect L2 240 limited.....i nearly drain the tank most days....

IMO a bipper/nemo type van  with  250L tank is too small unless you plan on tradding ground floor windows....
I am intending to work part time too and I would agree 250lts is too small. Surprisingly the bippers/nemo has a load capacity of 610kg so with full fuel tank + driver etc a 350lts tank isn't a problem weight wise, maybe even a 400lts. I am surprised you get through 500 lts doing 5 hrs ish that's close to 1.6 lts a min for the whole 5 hrs - 300 mins. You must have a really compact round. It is good to know that maybe my water requirements are more than I anticipated, thanks.