van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jk999

Uni valve has
« on: April 24, 2021, 08:25:13 pm »
Has anyone ever repaired their uni valve

M & C Window Cleaning

Re: Uni valve has
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2021, 08:53:33 pm »
I stripped down, cleaned, re-greased and re-assembled mine a couple of times if that's what you mean.  But they always would start leaking again after a short while.  Didn't mind the leak too much as it was very small.  However, I use the twist valve from Gardiners now and must say I prefer it.  Never leaks and always works.  I know of course that this is a subjective view.

jk999

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2021, 10:26:07 pm »
It's not leaking it takes about 5 pulls to turn off

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2021, 02:10:21 am »
Yes I have cleaned them several times p&f did a video

Also check calibration and flow  on high settings it does upset the univalve operation if there is too much pressure build up

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Den68

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2021, 08:45:27 am »
I have univalves on all my poles  but since have the new spring  v16 link I hardly used them now as I personally prefer the link, especially as the univalve fails a lot quicker than they used too.

JandS

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2021, 11:31:19 am »
Spring v16 link?
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Smudger

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2021, 11:33:26 am »
Controller with remote control I think

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Den68

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2021, 08:02:29 am »
The new V16 is a lot better than the previous v11 versions Plus with the added WFP link they are brilliant, See link below for more details.
http://springltd.co/v16-wfp-link

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2021, 06:47:30 pm »
I have univalves on all my poles  but since have the new spring  v16 link I hardly used them now as I personally prefer the link, especially as the univalve fails a lot quicker than they used too.

thats because stev as changed the quality of the uni valve so they fail quicker there was a massive thread on here with pics to prove it and stev came on here crying like a baby as he had been found out

Den68

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2021, 07:37:48 pm »
I vaguely remember a thread about that didn’t know Steve came on  must have missed that bit.

They defo fail quicker now,

I have three poles I use on my van each as a univalve the spring v16  wfp link does the same job so I don’t really need them .  It as other benefits over them too like pause your pump when talking to customers  saving strain on your pumps  which in turn saves the battery can turn power on/off  I turn off  as soon as I finish the last window also turn the flow  up/down if needed.

I had bought three spare univalve before buying the spring wfp link conntroller these will be used on my son poles  as I won’t buy another as not needed IMO.

Spruce

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2021, 07:41:58 am »

thats because stev as changed the quality of the uni valve so they fail quicker there was a massive thread on here with pics to prove it and stev came on here crying like a baby as he had been found out

I never saw the part where Steve came on here either. Was this the thread where Lee GLS and P&F had broken springs inside due to corrosion?

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=217348.0
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

tlwcs

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2021, 03:40:36 pm »
I vaguely remember a thread about that didn’t know Steve came on  must have missed that bit.

I have three poles I use on my van each as a univalve the spring v16  wfp link does the same job so I don’t really need them .  It as other benefits over them too like pause your pump when talking to customers  saving strain on your pumps  which in turn saves the battery can turn power on/off  I turn off  as soon as I finish the last window also turn the flow  up/down if needed.

I had bought three spare univalve before buying the spring wfp link conntroller these will be used on my son poles  as I won’t buy another as not needed IMO.

Hi Den.
Don’t you find holding the fob a PITA.? Do you use a lanyard with it. Worn as a watch I think would work best.
Tony

Simon Trapani

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2021, 04:10:24 pm »
Agree that univalves are definitely not lasting as long now.

Den68

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2021, 05:14:43 pm »

Hi Den.
Don’t you find holding the fob a PITA.? Do you use a lanyard with it. Worn as a watch I think would work best.
Tony
No not at all use with a lanyard chest height perfect height for me much easier tap the button than pulling the univalve,
I have been using the univalve since launch so my mind is trained to  tug the hose it took a a little while to get used to using the fob because of memory muscle but now I prefer it,.
We have 8 poles all have univalves once they are knackered and three new univalves I purchased before getting the wfp link  I won’t  be replacing them.
I’m honestly really impressed with the wfp link controller.

Lee GLS

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2021, 05:20:37 pm »

Hi Den.
Tony
No not at all use with a lanyard chest height perfect height for me much easier tap the button than pulling the univalve,
I have been using the univalve since launch so my mind is trained to  tug the hose it took a a little while to get used to using the fob because of memory muscle but now I prefer it,.
We have 8 poles all have univalves once they are knackered and three new univalves I purchased before getting the wfp link  I won’t  be replacing them.
I’m honestly really impressed with the wfp link controller.

When you turn the controller off though surly the flow doesn’t stop instantly?

Den68

« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2021, 05:47:02 pm »
Hello Lee;
I see your not a million miles from me 😄  little hard to explain but will try my best.

For instance when you have cleaned a ground floor window you have to raise your pole slight to be able to tug on the hose this takes approximately 1 second to complete this movement. When using the fob it’s much quicker to tap the pause button which takes approx 1 second to stop flow  so overall approximately the same.
I have an old shoulder injury that as now turned into tendinosis not to be mistaken for Tendonitis so pulling the univalve is aggravating my shoulder.
Also the univalve as been blamed for damaging the new jet capsules on Gardiner brushes it not setup correctly this won’t happen with the wfp link.
Got to remember this isn’t a one shot remote but a new design  that is excellent and instant once the fob as been pressed.
There is other functions I thought I wouldn’t use  like having to turn the flow up 100m away the other side of a big lodge I was cleaning as third storey window was absolutely caked in gull mess.
On my van I have five pole two my son uses and three that I use I can now elimate three univalves from pole set ups  saving a few ££££
I’m not affiliated with spring  Ltd just sharing my thoughts I also think the univalve is great and used them from launch just now prefer the wfp link, the same as I now prefer extreme poles over Slx  pole, electric reels or manual reels, tubless of non tubless etc, I’m always trying to make life easier and more efficient.
These are my experience and what I prefer  doesn’t mean someone else will prefer the wfp link?
Unless you tried it I wouldn’t assume it’s NOt going to be better  than a univalve remember it took me approx a week to train my brain to stop tugging the hose 😂😂😂

Just to add when cleaning 4 storey and abov e a tap on the fob is a breeze to operating a  univalve much easier and safer.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2021, 06:25:20 pm »
Think my next purchase will be a wfp link and v16 controller. Getting tired of the Univalve, it becomes a bit of a pain after a couple of months. Gets harder and harder to operate to the point where it's affecting my shoulder.
Comfortably Numb!

Den68

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2021, 07:24:09 pm »
Think my next purchase will be a wfp link and v16 controller. Getting tired of the Univalve, it becomes a bit of a pain after a couple of months. Gets harder and harder to operate to the point where it's affecting my shoulder.

Exactly the OP states having to tug the univalve 4 or 5 times to stop/start flow where as one press on the fob no straining  4 or 5 times quicker in the case of a faulty univalve extra few seconds of saving water battery saving  much smother pump not damaging jets etc.
These are my views  like I have said previously you have to try and use for a week before you reliase the advantages.

Smudger

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2021, 07:47:38 pm »
Den here a couple of questions for you -  it takes a second topress the stop button, how long before the water actually comes to a stop ?

Then pressing go how long before it get to full flow again

And what stops the  water draining out of pole and reel hose as there is no physical stop on the water

Darran

Den68

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2021, 08:12:20 pm »
Den here a couple of questions for you -  it takes a second topress the stop button, how long before the water actually comes to a stop ?

Then pressing go how long before it get to full flow again

And what stops the  water draining out of pole and reel hose as there is no physical stop on the water

Darran

Hello Darren,
I haven’t timed it but approx 1 second  honestly not any difference if there is it’s minimal.
There is several function on the fob if have configured mine as follows.
1. Pause I use this a lot between cleaning windows and when speaking to clients on the phone it’s stops the pump without powering off so no extra stress I.e. Pressure switch saving battery./pump.
2. Flow up.
3. Flow down.
4. On/off  I switch on the controller when I get to my first window fire walking from the van and then switch  off after cleaning the last window before walking back to the van.

I’m tubless so don’t disconnect my pole I use extreme 18 for most of my work unless I have to change to a bigger extreme 25 or bigger so when turned off  I place pole in pole holder and reel in  no leakage .

Once again I haven’t timed it but to press the button is  quicker than pulling the univalve then approx 1 second to stop after pressing  the button overall nothing in one way or the other time wise over the course of the day.
Another advantage I will save at least £100 a year in failing leaky univalves .