van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

NWH

Re: Hourly rate
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2021, 10:08:39 pm »
Another thing is the chippys and sparkys working for 14-15 quid an hour are working for someone they aren’t running a business either they are employed,if they are and they earn that they want to start window cleaning they’ll earn far more you couldn’t run a bath on that living down here.

dazmond

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2021, 11:00:46 pm »
Everybody working has expenses.
If what you earn is paying your bills, getting you a half decent holiday every year and hopefully a little bit in a savings account then you’re laughing.
If not then look to employ as well and you’ll earn a bit off each of the boys you take on. You will not be going too much higher than £50 an hour on the glass. I don’t care what anybody says. You may have days when the hourly rate could be a bit more but it certainly won’t be all day every day working on your own mate

What if you dont want to employ(or work full time)and like 2 or 3 luxury holidays a year abroad?a new car every 3 years as well as tucking away at least 5k a year?

Yes...that's right... you gotta keep charging more for new jobs,have regular pay rises for existing customers and compact your work even more...
price higher/work harder!

Always shining

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2021, 07:14:41 am »
Simpletons 😀 from you!! Priceless.
I will say it again. EVERYBODY has expenses. Whether you are a shiner, chippy, electrician etc etc. How many sole trader  chippys, plumbers, electricians, roofers etc are on £50 an hour? Not many! For a start you won’t get an hourly rate out of them. They are on fixed price work or day rate. Only very rarely has another trade tried quoting me more than £200 a day. So they don’t get the work. And again they have expenses out of that.
Window cleaning is one of the best paid ‘trades’ around.
So if you are up to the £50 an hour rate for say 5-6 hours a day after travelling between jobs then that’s far from shabby.
Enjoy it. We are very very lucky.
Get the sun on your face and take advantage of the free gym session everyday!

Dry Clean

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2021, 07:23:58 am »
I will say it again. EVERYBODY has expenses. Whether you are a shiner, chippy, electrician etc etc. How many sole trader  chippys, plumbers, electricians, roofers etc are on £50 an hour? Not many! For a start you won’t get an hourly rate out of them. They are on fixed price work or day rate. Only very rarely has another trade tried quoting me more than £200 a day. So they don’t get the work. And again they have expenses out of that.
So if you are up to the £50 an hour rate for say 5-6 hours a day after travelling between jobs then that’s far from shabby.

When I joined this forum about 14 years back most on here were on £500 a day, so £50 an hour isn't great money by CIU standards, the willy waving has really went downhill on here.😁

Always shining

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2021, 07:29:40 am »
😀

dazmond

« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2021, 07:43:19 am »

When I joined this forum about 14 years back most on here were on £500 a day, so £50 an hour isn't great money by CIU standards, the willy waving has really went downhill on here.😁

I joined in 2009 and couldn't believe window cleaners could earn £30 for an hours work or earn anywhere near £200 a day......

Of course the real reason was my round was very underpriced and I was still trad.....now them figures would be fairly disappointing 12 years on.....
price higher/work harder!

Dry Clean

« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2021, 08:07:28 am »

I joined in 2009 and couldn't believe window cleaners could earn £30 for an hours work or earn anywhere near £200 a day......

Of course the real reason was my round was very underpriced and I was still trad.....now them figures would be fairly disappointing 12 years on.....
Who needs a degree when we have window cleaning.😁

NWH

« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2021, 08:08:51 am »
Different job entirely with WFP you can’t compare earnings with someone using ladders,it’s like saying is walking as fast as running as far as earnings go it may as well be another or a different type of job.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2021, 08:15:09 am »

The person who wrote decree instead of degree might have the figures wrong too? 🤣
It's a game of three halves!

Dry Clean

« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2021, 10:00:54 am »

The person who wrote decree instead of degree might have the figures wrong too? 🤣

I wrote degree, the link/graph says wage by decree, I'm sure you understand what that means, its funny when you grammar NAZI's mess up.😁

Jay Le Huray

« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2021, 03:03:50 pm »
Generally I would never comment on how much I earn (only the wife and the taxman are privy to that)

However today I did a gutter and facia clean and charged the lady £140 as quoted 2 weeks previous,

The job did not take as long as I thought it would, in fact 1 hour 20 mins  later job done, I have to say I did feel a bit guilty when she paid me £140 in cash

Not bad for a OAP

NWH

« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2021, 03:14:19 pm »
I’m afraid that’s the mentality that a lot of window cleaners have it’s nothing personal  you did a job and that’s what you wanted for it,are you running a business or is it a hobbie-part time gig.
Who’s paying for all these expenses is it you or the customer it’s been said so many times if you take 200 a day that’s not going in you’re pocket is it,if you employ with that attitude it’s doomed before it gets off the ground.

Jay Le Huray

« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2021, 03:27:04 pm »
I’m afraid that’s the mentality that a lot of window cleaners have it’s nothing personal  you did a job and that’s what you wanted for it,are you running a business or is it a hobbie-part time gig.
Who’s paying for all these expenses is it you or the customer it’s been said so many times if you take 200 a day that’s not going in you’re pocket is it,if you employ with that attitude it’s doomed before it gets off the ground.

well I don't employ anyone so that's going to affect me is it?  besides, as stated I'm a OAP topping up my pension so I don't need to make a fortune

Tristan R Clean

« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2021, 04:24:08 pm »

well I don't employ anyone so that's going to affect me is it?  besides, as stated I'm a OAP topping up my pension so I don't need to make a fortune

Tristan R Clean

« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2021, 04:25:26 pm »
Surely this is false reasoning ( above) why work for less money. Whatever your circumstances
You could work even less for the same money.

Tristan R Clean

« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2021, 04:29:58 pm »
There is a guy round our way got a redundancy package so spent on pressure washer and gutter vac and new van.
He posted flyers with £25 per gutter clean regardless of size of house :o

NWH

« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2021, 04:31:47 pm »
This has been the problem for years with domestic window cleaning certain cleaners almost freezing prices in some cases for over 10 years.

dd

« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2021, 05:09:30 pm »
That graph says 2015, so only 6 years out of date.

windowswashed

« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2021, 08:23:02 pm »
 If you employ people or previously employed people, it gives you a more money focused mentality as you have to organise work, wages, sick pay, holiday pay and see it more as a business to make profit and are well aware of expenses, so you need to justify your income and time more efficiently as there is more than one of you to consider.

You have to value your time and charge accordingly, if you know what you're worth. stick to them prices and value your services so others will value you  :)

jim bean

« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2021, 10:50:34 pm »
This is the thing that most simpletons don’t understand someone says they earn 50 notes an hour and they start believing it,add up all you’re fuel-Tax-Nat ins-poles + equipment etc  van payments or van repairs and then subtract that from you’re 50 notes an hour.
Then add days you can’t work due to weather or holidays the list goes on and on,that 50 don’t look great now does it.

Fuel don’t cost much if you work local Nat insurance is like £2 a week , poles last years and years. Vehicles have never cost me much maybe I’m lucky always bought low mileage never had a single problem with any van I’ve ever had writing them off is my only cost
I’ve done the maths and missing the years I’ve had to replace a van I get it around 5% which at £50 an hour is £2.50. If lower it’s less  ;DNot making that much of a dent is it? 
And 40 hours on the glass is easily done I regularly do more than that