van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jay moley

Hourly rate
« on: April 22, 2021, 03:56:34 pm »
I look to shoot for £50 an hour turnover minimum but thinking that's a bit low now.

Im in Surrey so decent area.

Will be putting up prices soon which will help.

Thoughts?

Midge

Re: Hourly rate
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2021, 04:57:15 pm »
Just earn what you’re happy with

Rob.Hall

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2021, 05:03:56 pm »
NWH will be along soon to tell you how to do it...😁

robbo333

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2021, 05:10:31 pm »
What makes you think it's a bit low?
Are all the competition charging £70?
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2021, 05:15:12 pm »
Hourly has many factors  - the biggest of which is your speed - some one may charge  30 for a house but can only do 1.5 of these per hour on average other may do 2.5 or even 3 on average

If your kit happy with your rate put our prices up - otherwise crack on and don't listen to others that have ho bearing on your buisness

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

NWH

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2021, 06:02:13 pm »

People like you have been getting away with murder without me about on here like a little bully boy lol,I won’t be talking about earnings m8 there’s only a few that I could have a sensible conversation with about it  on here 🤣🤣

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2021, 06:51:47 pm »
I look to shoot for £50 an hour turnover minimum but thinking that's a bit low now.

Im in Surrey so decent area.

Will be putting up prices soon which will help.

Thoughts?

One on my brothers lives in Surrey...his house cost him 370k a few years ago..2 bed end terraced house....

I'm happy with £40-£50 as an average hourly rate up north but I'd want to average a lot more if I had his mortgage!😄😬👍
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2021, 06:56:30 pm »
My highest rate for an hours work is £120(commercial)and £90 for domestic but its usually between £40-£50...

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2021, 07:11:31 pm »

People like you have been getting away with murder without me about on here like a little bully boy lol,I won’t be talking about earnings m8 there’s only a few that I could have a sensible conversation with about it  on here 🤣🤣

You're right, take you out of the arena and there is only a few dickheads left!!🤐😄
Comfortably Numb!

Always shining

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2021, 07:20:16 pm »
Is that £50 an hour,  8 hours a day, 5 days a week?
I don’t know how you’re coping!!!

jay moley

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2021, 07:33:13 pm »

What's your hourly rate then big man?

dazmond

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2021, 07:38:48 pm »

Nobody works 8 hours a day 5 days a week actually 'on the glass' window cleaning mate.....its a lot less even the guys that say they work full time....👍

Always shining

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2021, 07:48:55 pm »
Big man 😀
How can anyone think that £50 an hour is a bit low??? Get real will you.
You’re a cleaner remember. £50 an hour is a hell of a lot more than Police, Firemen and Nurses can ever dream of earning. And most of the rest of the population.

jay moley

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2021, 07:54:28 pm »
Big man 😀
How can anyone think that £50 an hour is a bit low??? Get real will you.
You’re a cleaner remember. £50 an hour is a hell of a lot more than Police, Firemen and Nurses can ever dream of earning. And most of the rest of the population.

Its not profit though is it, so not a true hourly rate. Im talking of hourly rate before taking out expenses mate.

Always shining

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2021, 08:01:33 pm »
Everybody working has expenses.
If what you earn is paying your bills, getting you a half decent holiday every year and hopefully a little bit in a savings account then you’re laughing.
If not then look to employ as well and you’ll earn a bit off each of the boys you take on. You will not be going too much higher than £50 an hour on the glass. I don’t care what anybody says. You may have days when the hourly rate could be a bit more but it certainly won’t be all day every day working on your own mate

johnny bravo

« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2021, 08:56:01 pm »
sparkys, joiners   hourly rate  in employment around £14 +   hourly rate    Take a look on the Job Sites  like Reed   ,  Not great wages  but thats what you get. unless self employed  People do not have any idea as to what we make per hour   when added up
   Security guards who have to deal with crap  minimum wage.       £30 + hourly rate for a windy is good.    i know most earn around £40 +     Be happy we can get away with it.   i wish i was 20 years younger with the work i have  as i know  when you reach 60   it will slow you down.       Imagine being a Pensioner and earning the money we can earn now.   

Always shining

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2021, 08:58:14 pm »
Spot on post mate 👍

Innocence & Experience

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2021, 09:18:10 pm »
No wonder Gardners have stopped giving free postage when all you lot keep going on about is how much you earn  ::)roll

jim bean

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2021, 09:23:51 pm »
Exactly right James
I would never tell a customer what I earn per hour they’d have a fit 8)
As for the rate mine increases year on year. I drop jobs that aren’t in line or put me out given half a chance
I have given this a lot thought. There will be a time when hit the ceiling in regards to hourly rates.
50 an hour on average and add on jobs obviously more can’t be grumbled at

NWH

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2021, 10:03:51 pm »
This is the thing that most simpletons don’t understand someone says they earn 50 notes an hour and they start believing it,add up all you’re fuel-Tax-Nat ins-poles + equipment etc  van payments or van repairs and then subtract that from you’re 50 notes an hour.
Then add days you can’t work due to weather or holidays the list goes on and on,that 50 don’t look great now does it.