This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dry Clean

Re: Hourly rate
« Reply #80 on: April 25, 2021, 08:42:15 pm »
It’s an expense you’ll have every week I travel to an area away from home so I will use fuel anyway if I get there and can’t work I’ve used the fuel it’s gone,I’m not one of these people that look out the windows turn over and fart drop the kids to school and I’m back to watch Suzanna on good morning Britain,9-10 it’s put in every week someone’s paying and it ain’t gonna be me and I price according to that.
If you want to kid yourself what you actually earn fair play to you.
Why would you travel there and then not work ? but even if you do it will only be a fifth of the fuel (£20) that you will have used out of your weekly allowance.

Smudger

« Reply #81 on: April 25, 2021, 09:05:31 pm »
It’s an expense you’ll have every week I travel to an area away from home so I will use fuel anyway,I’ if I get there and can’t work I’ve used the fuel it’s gonem not one of these people that look out the windows turn over and fart drop the kids to school and I’m back to watch Suzanna on good morning Britain,9-10 it’s put in every week someone’s paying and it ain’t gonna be me and I price according to that.
If you want to kid yourself what you actually earn fair play to you.
Why would you travel there and then not work ? but even if you do it will only be a fifth of the fuel (£20) that you will have used out of your weekly allowance.

No your obviously too thick to understand a weather forecast

so you travel out in pouring rain only to sit around in your van spamming forums and then return home - great buisness I must say  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

NWH

« Reply #82 on: April 25, 2021, 09:09:12 pm »
We all have different expenses the point is we all should be earning more than we spend if not why not,I charge a certain amount to cover my costs etc fuel is just one of them although I spend a fair bit on fuel it’s worth it.
If you fill the van up and don’t use the van you’ve used no fuel lol 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 you also haven’t made any money.

NWH

« Reply #83 on: April 25, 2021, 09:10:08 pm »
Dazza I thought I was on you’re ignore list 🤣💪

NWH

« Reply #84 on: April 25, 2021, 09:14:51 pm »
Trust me if I had listened to the weather forecast and gone by it on dozens and dozens of occasions I would have lost countless days,my work is spread about it can be raining in 1 area when I’m just finishing a job I can drive 10 miles away and it’s like summer.
Unless someone’s driving about in a van with a megaphone telling us to stay in I’ll try almost everyday to do some work,you won’t catch me sitting on the couch Dazza picking the fluff out my belly button 🤣🤣

Smudger

« Reply #85 on: April 25, 2021, 09:21:48 pm »
Just in case your wondering Nigel - my reply and conversation was to dry clean who happened to quote your post which shows in the thread

being a complete plank you wouldn't know that - just like most other things you comment on - your direct post remain (thankfully) hidden - and believe me I have no intention of going to the effort of reading them

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

deeege

« Reply #86 on: April 26, 2021, 06:53:56 am »
Can we all stop quoting Nigels drivel posts please? Thanks
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

NWH

« Reply #87 on: April 26, 2021, 10:06:40 am »
The point is what someone may get per hour is not in reality what they get in their pocket that is a fact,many times you hear I earn X being self
Employed you pay out in Tax twice a year or quarterly it’s easy to forget to cost everything in to or as an expense because many do.
How many window cleaners do you hear moan when January or July come round I hear many,they either haven’t allowed for it they don’t earn enough or they spend what they earn when again in reality all that you earn is not you’re own.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #88 on: April 26, 2021, 12:27:00 pm »
The point is what someone may get per hour is not in reality what they get in their pocket that is a fact,many times you hear I earn X being self
Employed you pay out in Tax twice a year or quarterly it’s easy to forget to cost everything in to or as an expense because many do.
How many window cleaners do you hear moan when January or July come round I hear many,they either haven’t allowed for it they don’t earn enough or they spend what they earn when again in reality all that you earn is not you’re own.

Do you REALLY think you are teaching anyone anything new here? Do you REALLY think anyone here thinks that their entire income belongs to them and that they think they run a business with no expenses?🥱🥱🥱
Comfortably Numb!

NWH

« Reply #89 on: April 26, 2021, 12:58:08 pm »
No I don’t at all but from some of the replies I’m reading it seems like some don’t get it tbh,anyway I thought I was on ignore.

NWH

« Reply #90 on: April 26, 2021, 01:00:29 pm »
Some obviously don’t m8 going by some of the prices for 4-5 bed detached houses they are charging in some cases 20-26 quid add a couple of quid for a conservatory.

chris turner

« Reply #91 on: April 26, 2021, 06:05:43 pm »

Yes we pay tax twice a year but most PAYE pay tax every month. Also we pay less.
In fact once fully established in this business there really isn't that much in terms of business expenditure, unless of course your a big multi van operation.
People often quote van as an expense, insurance, fuel etc. Well a large % of PAYE have a car dont they, that also requires insurance and fuel for their commute to work. I paid cash for my van, my other half has a car on finance and spends more money on fuel then me each week as well as higher insurance costs. Yet she cannot offset any of it against her tax bill like i can.
Yes we have other expenses but most of it is peanuts for a one man band. Tanks, poles, hose reels etc all last years if well looked after and again, are tax deductible.
Most of us don't feel the need to spend a fortune on a van, ionics tanks etc which is why we don't have these huge overheads and certainly don't need to earn £500 a day to pay for these things.

NWH

« Reply #92 on: April 26, 2021, 07:37:10 pm »
That was a very polite and good reply Chris what I meant was you need to allow for something that might go wrong along the way that will cost you,pointless just charging enough to pay you’re bills with nothing left over you may as well work for someone that was all I was getting at.

chris turner

« Reply #93 on: April 26, 2021, 08:09:58 pm »
That was a very polite and good reply Chris what I meant was you need to allow for something that might go wrong along the way that will cost you,pointless just charging enough to pay you’re bills with nothing left over you may as well work for someone that was all I was getting at.

Why though? Not saying I earn just enough to pay my bills, far from it. However the benefits of being your own boss far out weigh that of being PAYE, even if you only make a similar amount to that of PAYE.
Some days I don't crawl out of bed until 9 then I'm home by 3, having earned far more then anyone on £10 per hour. Says it all really.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #94 on: April 26, 2021, 08:13:20 pm »
Bear in mind that the full time £10 per hour merchant gets paid holidays, now a works pension and often sickness too.
It's a game of three halves!

chris turner

« Reply #95 on: April 26, 2021, 08:26:30 pm »
Bear in mind that the full time £10 per hour merchant gets paid holidays, now a works pension and often sickness too.

Thats true but I don't base my earnings on a 52 week, I base it on a 46 week. 
In fact almost anyone would bite our hand off if they could earn what we earn in a 46 week year.

Smudger

« Reply #96 on: April 26, 2021, 09:21:43 pm »
Unfortunately there is a big disconnect here...

Hourly rate is what you earn - that not profit - the majority view is based this way for example if your paye  people say I earn £ 10 an hour and they do - no one says I earn 7.50 an hour because of tax and NI plus pension

Where Nigel is coming from, and is trying to point out he wants £50 an hour after his expenses and tax
And to be honest I can see why, he needs to earn £120 on the glass because he is traveling 2 hours to get to that "plum" job - he may do it in 45 mins but that's 120 divided by 3 so reality is 40 p/h

Personally I wouldn't drive 2 hours passing 50 to 60 p/h work as in the same period my income would be  150 to 180

The big issue is, does your hourly rate after expenses bring in a profit - tax is a little bit different as if you go out and buy 3 extreme poles and a van your expenses will be high but tax low

Personally speaking 50 p/h for a single operator is pretty good (depending on your outlay of course)  I know when I was on my own costs ran about 15% 

Unfortunately Nigel has a peculiar way at looking at things but worse, poor communication  skills

Darran

NWH

« Reply #97 on: April 26, 2021, 10:42:44 pm »
No Dazza it doesn’t work out at that amount per job m8.

NWH

« Reply #98 on: April 26, 2021, 10:47:06 pm »
2 hrs travel to do a job for 120 eh I don’t think so.

dazmond

« Reply #99 on: April 27, 2021, 08:14:19 am »
I spend 3500 a year on fuel at least.

Mines around £1300 and that's using a diesel heater every day!
price higher/work harder!