Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

stuartb

Electric reel
« on: September 05, 2020, 11:19:18 pm »
Thinking of buying an electric reel. Wondered what owners of waterworks reels and pure freedom reels thought of them? Do they last well? Do they make a difference to your working day? Also. I never leave my van doors open when working in case anyone tampers with anything or nicks my gear.  I think I may need my van doors open. Has anyone got undervan rollers fitted and uses an electric reel? Does it still work well with the extra effort required to drag in in the hose?

Thanks folks to anyone who can advise me. Just trying to make my job that bit easier and smoother.

Stu

GAZZA B

Re: Electric reel
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2020, 07:52:41 am »
They make the job much more enjoyable, i would never go back to a hand reel.

i have a waterworks nearly new one sitting in my garage £300 if you can collect it? 

stuartb

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2020, 08:07:43 am »
How come your selling it? Which version is it?

GAZZA B

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2020, 08:23:07 am »
I got six of them for my vans for two men setup but then one of them left so he works on his own so took it out

Power Up HD

dd

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2020, 02:25:35 pm »
I got six of them for my vans for two men setup but then one of them left so he works on his own so took it out

Power Up HD
Would it not be a better idea to keep it as a spare?

NWH

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2020, 02:25:38 pm »
HD waterworks small footprint ideal for what we need it for,the others I’ve seen are overkill and are a lot bigger than you need.

spudd

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2020, 03:10:49 pm »
They make the job much more enjoyable, i would never go back to a hand reel.

i have a waterworks nearly new one sitting in my garage £300 if you can collect it?

If stu’s not interested I may be mate. Where you located?

GAZZA B

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2020, 03:30:20 pm »
Norfolk

spudd

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2020, 05:18:19 pm »
Norfolk
Like I said If stu doesn’t take it will mate. If you’ve got a number I’ll drop you a quick message mate

stuartb

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2020, 07:53:45 pm »
Go for it spudd! Something just broke on my van which means I can’t buy a reel now for a bit 🤣

wayne 77

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2020, 09:14:17 pm »
Easy enough to make I think it cost £50 in total
I have bought two and made 3 all work fine
And would never be without them saves so much time and energy

dazmond

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2020, 08:29:08 am »
Thinking of buying an electric reel. Wondered what owners of waterworks reels and pure freedom reels thought of them? Do they last well? Do they make a difference to your working day? Also. I never leave my van doors open when working in case anyone tampers with anything or nicks my gear.  I think I may need my van doors open. Has anyone got undervan rollers fitted and uses an electric reel? Does it still work well with the extra effort required to drag in in the hose?

Thanks folks to anyone who can advise me. Just trying to make my job that bit easier and smoother.

Stu

Why are you bothered about leaving your van doors open?surely you can lock the front cab up?.....everything is bolted down(reel,diesel heater,tank,etc)in my van..apart from trad gear,a toolbox and a pole their is nothing for them to nick.....

Van rollers are a pain....both in pulling out the hose(extra drag)and rollers needing cleaning/replacing on a regular basis according to other guys who ve got them.....

On topic Ive had my pure freedom reelmaster over 2 years now and it's never missed a beat....

Much easier than manually reeling in every day
price higher/work harder!

NWH

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2020, 10:32:04 am »
I know what you mean I have 2 poles hanging up if I wanted to replace them it would cost 1500-1700 quid,if anyone knew what they were looking at when they drove past easy quick steal.