This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ste b

Re: Window cleaning van advice.
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2020, 07:56:38 pm »
Best place to look apart from auto trader for private sales?

Ebay
Facebook
Gumtree

Local commercial auctions but you will need a traders policy i think
You dont need a trade policy to buy at auctions
You will have to pay a deposit
Never buy privately owned and entered

I could be wrong as it’s been over 10 years since i have been to a auction but for a commercial auction (vans,wagons etc) you did need a traders policy to buy, a normal car auction anybody could buy...
The purpose of life is to have a life full of purpose

Steven Biggs

« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2020, 09:26:47 pm »
Type error . It is actually 9 years old . I can still get 10 k for it tomorrow.

That's only because you paid well over the odds in the first place, you actually paid for that privilege in the form that you had to invest more capital to begin with.
i didn’t pay well over the odds . I paid the going rate for that type of van . Knowing it would last 20 years if I want to keep it .

wayne 77

« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2020, 09:53:30 pm »
Best place to look apart from auto trader for private sales?

Ebay
Facebook
Gumtree

Local commercial auctions but you will need a traders policy i think
You dont need a trade policy to buy at auctions
You will have to pay a deposit
Never buy privately owned and entered

I could be wrong as it’s been over 10 years since i have been to a auction but for a commercial auction (vans,wagons etc) you did need a traders policy to buy, a normal car auction anybody could buy...
I used to buy loads from Manheim commercial never asked to see my traders policy
I still buy a few now online thats different 

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2020, 10:54:10 pm »
Type error . It is actually 9 years old . I can still get 10 k for it tomorrow.

That's only because you paid well over the odds in the first place, you actually paid for that privilege in the form that you had to invest more capital to begin with.
i didn’t pay well over the odds . I paid the going rate for that type of van . Knowing it would last 20 years if I want to keep it .

That's my point, the going rate for those vans is considerably more than the others being discussed. You layed out more capital to begin with. The OP's van is 16 years old now and still going.
Depreciating assets, they're all losing value from day one. Future value is only relevant to original cost, this is where you pay for it.
Comfortably Numb!

JandS

« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2020, 07:32:14 pm »
Engine is still sound but body starting to look shabby.....would probably fly through test in January with a couple of hundred spent on it.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

johnny bravo

« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2020, 09:56:23 pm »
have a day out at the auctions, Manheim have online    so you can see all vehicles.     pics and all description needed.      Go to auction and have a nose.     
Get a cuppa and butty.      give you an idea of what you would pay  PLUS Commission