This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

rb4no

what ladders do you recommend?
« on: September 02, 2020, 05:12:24 pm »
OK I'm now in a position to purchase some new ladders that at least will need to replace my dangerous telescopic ladders and my step ladders which are used to jump onto flat roofs and to undertake ground floor work. Ideally if they could reach the gutter level of a first floor that would be a massive bonus as then I'd only need one set of ladders!!   I'm leaning towards the Little Giant multipurpose range. Any thoughts?

Ralphie

Re: what ladders do you recommend?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2020, 05:18:03 pm »
Ladders are like lots of equipment and tools a personal thing.

You just need to ensure that whatever ones you select go up. :P

NWH

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2020, 05:35:43 pm »
The best window cleaning ladders you could get years ago I don’t know if there still about was a company called WCS in Essex,lovely bloke he was he used to deliver them to you on his own van.
Most I’ve seen these days have those stupid lock bars you have to lift and unlock every time you raise and lower them,the ladders they sold were aluminium.

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2020, 06:25:35 pm »
Ladders are like lots of equipment and tools a personal thing.

You just need to ensure that whatever ones you select go up. :P

i disagree......the least you should buy are trade ladders.......DIY domestic ladders are too flimsy and telescopic ladders are just not suitable if your using them to get on a flat roof for example.....
price higher/work harder!

mac74

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2020, 07:29:37 pm »
I use a Titan 3m double ext ladder fitted with anti slip feet, for access.  They lock extended so u can pull em up and over, or split em if needed 4 gates, comfortable rungs, a Good Ladder.

Stoots

NWH

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2020, 09:36:37 pm »
Worst ladders for window cleaning are square ended the safest are with the pointer and you can cover more windows at one climb with a pointed ladder,I’d say to anyone using ladders if you want to slip sideways on a plastic sill use square ended ladders lol.

mac74

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2020, 01:01:38 pm »
Worst ladders for window cleaning are square ended the safest are with the pointer and you can cover more windows at one climb with a pointed ladder,I’d say to anyone using ladders if you want to slip sideways on a plastic sill use square ended ladders lol.

As above, i was going to say ramsey A - frames all the way on trad, but i think hes wfp ?

rb4no

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2020, 05:29:07 pm »
actually thinking of the werner mt22, you get almost 6 m in height, or almost 3 m as an A frame, or two small A frames which would be brilliant.  thanks guys.

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2020, 10:19:57 pm »
I carry these

perfect for jumping the odd gate, doing conny roofs or gutter line on bungalows etc

https://www.screwfix.com/p/mac-allister-4-section-aluminium-folding-ladder-3-17m/2005X?tc=PT8&ds_kid=92700052138708241&ds_rl=1243324&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIgOCU0I3L6wIVFIBQBh0X9AtpEAQYASABEgJcVfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
This is the  type I have. Fit inside van very easily, good for flat roofs, gates and conny roof cleans. Not good if you need a true height adjustable and won't reach the gutter line of a first floor but they suit my needs and way safer than telescopics.

Stoots

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2020, 12:02:19 pm »
I carry these

perfect for jumping the odd gate, doing conny roofs or gutter line on bungalows etc

https://www.screwfix.com/p/mac-allister-4-section-aluminium-folding-ladder-3-17m/2005X?tc=PT8&ds_kid=92700052138708241&ds_rl=1243324&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIgOCU0I3L6wIVFIBQBh0X9AtpEAQYASABEgJcVfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
This is the  type I have. Fit inside van very easily, good for flat roofs, gates and conny roof cleans. Not good if you need a true height adjustable and won't reach the gutter line of a first floor but they suit my needs and way safer than telescopics.

I chose them to fit in my truck, they are a bit annoying unfolding them (watch your fingers) but for everything I need them for they are a great solution.  If I had the length of a van I would just have a pair of tall step ladders instead, I never need to use mine as an actual ladder just as an A frame.

But they are actually really good quality and very sturdy with the stabiliser bars.

NWH

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2020, 12:17:08 pm »
The best ladder you’ll buy has a brush on one end and a tank of water at the other.

Tristan R Clean

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2020, 02:42:43 pm »

Tristan R Clean

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2020, 02:43:38 pm »
If only we could get hold of these.
I presume the cost would be astronomical  ::)roll

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2020, 03:40:54 pm »
It matters not that its carbon fibre. When those locking pins fail (which they have for me on a set of telescopics) you'll know about it ! 🤕

Tristan R Clean

« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2020, 05:48:49 pm »
I had the same with a pair of telescopics :'(
but these are military grade designed for the harshest conditions.

s.w.c

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2020, 06:14:42 pm »
I still carry old trusted Ramsey A-frame wouldn't trust anything else.