Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

tom20001

Re: so how do you make big money in window cleaning?
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2020, 04:21:40 pm »
Dont listen to them Amazin. Just remember whos giving the advice on here. People you have never met, which 99% of them are one man bands that have absolutley no first hand experience on subjects such as this.  In the end your business is what you make of it. Thats the fun part. It is entirely possible to scale up this business and earn great money, while at the same time removing yourself from the  day to day opperation, giving you back the freedom of your time.  I have just bought 3 new vans taking us to 15 and £1.3 million a year turning. We have never been busier than right now. Taking on 70-100 new customers a week. I intend to be at £2 million a year within 4/5 years, and that includes taking a 1-2 year growth break from the end of this year.

As it says at the bottom of all my posts, The best way to predict the future is to create it.

Got to say that's serious going fair play 👍

Don Kee

« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2020, 04:38:59 pm »
Pay 3 million for it lol 20% profit per annum how much would someone be expected to pay for that then,I would say 450-600,000 again - the Tax.

You realise that the profit is business profit and not Lees personal profit right?
Business profit and Lees personal earnings are two different things... (this is the same for most limited businesses)

I’d imagine Lee is being paid a wage and taking dividends etc... so the business profit is a little irrelevant in this context as his own wages will seen as a business expense.

Some of the stuff you say in relation to tax is questionable at best mate, I’m not sure you should be giving advice on it mate as you could mess someone up who doesn’t know better.
Why don't you have a quick google before making stupid comments?

NWH

« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2020, 05:41:41 pm »
Well I’ve not had anyone come on here that’s turning over 1 million and tell me any different,look at your million and deduct all those expenses with 10-15 staff then deduct your Vat and Tax before you know it a million notes don’t go far.

Dry Clean

« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2020, 06:00:04 pm »
Of course it matters what he ends up with that’s a ridiculous statement for you to make if you are in any business you are in it to make money,my issue is with just that point what you would end up with.
125k after Tax to run 10-15 vans imo is not worth it just my opinion double that with 10 vans of course it would be.

No it doesn't - same as I have no interest or need to know your profit - differing ways to make a living - as long as you do, who cares

Just you perceive your valuation on things and assume it's not worth it- is well worth it to some one else

Why you think running 15 vans is a vanity thing is beyond me

Darran
The op is looking to know is it possible to make 200K net profit running a window cleaning business, how do you answer this without discussing a persons profit ?
15 vans become a vanity project when the owning of 15 vans and all the stuff that comes with them is more important than the money they make you, example, Lees expenses are way too high to make real money which could have easily been sorted with a 15 van franchise, but then he wouldn't be the 17 employee boss and have 15 vans and all that goes with them to show off.

jk999

« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2020, 06:15:56 pm »
Its a nice thought having fifteen vans plus but i couldn't do with the stress of running it .i know you have worked hard for it lee so good on you 🙂👍

NWH

« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2020, 07:31:40 pm »
There’s stress and it being worth it all my argument is 150 or 200000 would not be worth it in my eyes this is nothing personal to Lee or anyone else in this position,I can imagine some of the stress involved but when you compare it to someone that just works for a bank and earns this as a wage I know which I’d choose it wouldn’t be the window cleaning option.

Stoots

« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2020, 10:01:50 pm »
Once you get a certain level of income its diminishing return anyway what that extra gets you.

Earn 50k a year and your life doesn't get much better earning 100k a year.

You just buy a bigger house, newer car, better brand name on your clothes etc.

I'm happy with how much I earn as a sole trade but I would like the free time a bigger business owner has that's the real success to me not the money its the time to enjoy it.

NWH

« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2020, 11:57:17 am »
This is the dilemma in any business I remember talking to a miserable millionaire once he said I wish I’d stayed small I have no time my kids have grown and left home and I wasn’t there,I said to him about making the jump to bigger things and his advise was you have to either stay smallish or go very big it’s very difficult being in between.

Smudger

« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2020, 04:25:15 pm »
good advice, im only 5ft 8. so I will always be a short ar$e....   lol

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

NWH

« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2020, 05:53:41 pm »
I did say to him your Mrs doesn’t like you being in between us you miserable sod.

NWH

« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2020, 08:47:26 am »
Once you get a certain level of income its diminishing return anyway what that extra gets you.

Earn 50k a year and your life doesn't get much better earning 100k a year.

You just buy a bigger house, newer car, better brand name on your clothes etc.

I'm happy with how much I earn as a sole trade but I would like the free time a bigger business owner has that's the real success to me not the money its the time to enjoy it.

This is the point though the bigger business owner in this job doesn’t always get the free time,you would have just as much free time if you have a couple  employed properly that  knew the majority of the work and were able to do it on their own in a separate van.

Mist A Bit

« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2020, 04:12:02 pm »
I have made it big after 4 years of leaving window cleaning,  my round made a few K a month with little responsibility which is a good wage to some people .  I started trading the stock market, and designing trading systems for funds . I enjoyed the window cleaning days though , especially now with lack of exercise

Spruce

« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2020, 04:29:11 pm »
I have made it big after 4 years of leaving window cleaning,  my round made a few K a month with little responsibility which is a good wage to some people .  I started trading the stock market, and designing trading systems for funds . I enjoyed the window cleaning days though , especially now with lack of exercise

I've often wondered how you are getting on. Glad its working for you.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

NWH

« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2020, 04:30:27 pm »
Make sure you stay indoors lockdown where you are again 🤣🤣🤣🤣

dazmond

« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2020, 06:25:28 pm »

......i much prefer working part time now,low stress,fresh air and earning around £4k a month window cleaning......

well done for trying something different!

price higher/work harder!

NWH

« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2020, 06:31:00 pm »
You’ve made it big when you are happy healthy and wake up and not have to worry about the bills,it also helps if you’re not laying next to Gemma Collins or similar 🤣🤣,making it through life happy is making it not having millions of ££ I see miserable people like that on a daily basis believe me.

NWH

« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2020, 06:32:50 pm »
Daz you doing 4 k a month now you gone back to being part time 🤣🤣🤣,haven’t you heard the new grand a week is 2 grand we are living in the 21st century m8 lol.