This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

NWH

Re: so how do you make big money in window cleaning?
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2020, 03:46:00 pm »
206-000 net profit how did you work that 1 out then.

Shrek

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2020, 04:31:33 pm »
There’s plenty of millionaire stock market traders . That’s where you should look if you want to earn big

NWH

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2020, 06:38:24 pm »
There’s also plenty of traders that don’t earn the same as window cleaners.

Amazin

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2020, 07:20:24 am »
If I wanted to go big, I'd get out of window cleaning to do it.👍

Thanks, that made me feel better :-\

There’s plenty of millionaire stock market traders . That’s where you should look if you want to earn big

sure but how many of them are successful in the long term? only a minority. I rather stick to a real business. Perhaps not in window cleaning in the long term.

The op didn’t specify what big money to him was. I think anything into six figures is still considered high earning but everything is relative.
What everyone is searching for whether we realise it or not is contentment.

yeah true, personally for me I want to earn few hundred thousand per year. That's the money after everything including tax so the business need to generate considerable net profit.

perhaps window cleaning by itself is not enough. maybe do it as part of a larger business?

Lee Pryor

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2020, 10:50:08 am »
Dont listen to them Amazin. Just remember whos giving the advice on here. People you have never met, which 99% of them are one man bands that have absolutley no first hand experience on subjects such as this.  In the end your business is what you make of it. Thats the fun part. It is entirely possible to scale up this business and earn great money, while at the same time removing yourself from the  day to day opperation, giving you back the freedom of your time.  I have just bought 3 new vans taking us to 15 and £1.3 million a year turning. We have never been busier than right now. Taking on 70-100 new customers a week. I intend to be at £2 million a year within 4/5 years, and that includes taking a 1-2 year growth break from the end of this year.

As it says at the bottom of all my posts, The best way to predict the future is to create it.

The best way to predict the future is to create it.

jk999

« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2020, 10:56:26 am »
Out of that 1.3 million what do you end up with after everything is paid out like wages taxes vehicle maintenance etc

Lee Pryor

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2020, 10:59:14 am »
Enough to have a nice life.

Sorry dont really want to get into the to and fro. I dont come on here much anymore, I just cant stand someone with goals and ambitions being talked out of it by people that dont know what their talking about. Ive spent the last 15 years being told what cant be done on here and elsewhere and yet here I am with it done.

Sorry. I wont be answering questions here because it always goes the same way with the same people. I can imagine who will be along in a minute to tell me im wrong. Have a good weekend guys.
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

G Griffin

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2020, 11:14:08 am »
Dont listen to them Amazin. Just remember whos giving the advice on here. People you have never met, which 99% of them are one man bands that have absolutley no first hand experience on subjects such as this.  In the end your business is what you make of it. Thats the fun part. It is entirely possible to scale up this business and earn great money, while at the same time removing yourself from the  day to day opperation, giving you back the freedom of your time.  I have just bought 3 new vans taking us to 15 and £1.3 million a year turning. We have never been busier than right now. Taking on 70-100 new customers a week. I intend to be at £2 million a year within 4/5 years, and that includes taking a 1-2 year growth break from the end of this year.

As it says at the bottom of all my posts, The best way to predict the future is to create it.
Fair play to you but he/she wants to know how to do it?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

NWH

« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2020, 11:26:33 am »
A very very good standard of living can be achieved with no need to be on the tools with far less staff,very difficult to be a cash rich millionaire at this game not saying it can’t be done I’m sure it has somewhere in the world if you want to be a millionaire you need to be earning while you are asleep in a lot of cases.

Smudger

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2020, 12:47:29 pm »
Out of that 1.3 million what do you end up with after everything is paid out like wages taxes vehicle maintenance etc

It's irrelevant what Lee takes home at the end of the day - the simple facts are you can make a good biz by scaling up and no need to be on the tools, you can also make a good living as a stand alone one man outfit - even with the size of Lees operation he is hardly a pebble on Brighton beach in biz terms - that's not a criticism it's reality , 2 million turnover is not massive considering the outgoings when compared to say a software developer or you tuber!

Who like to be Jeff bezos  ? - I read somewhere amazons profit margin is less than 3%

Having staff is no more stress than being on your own, in someways less stressful - each to their own

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Evan

« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2020, 01:28:25 pm »
Genuine question for lee...how do you get that many customers a month? Do you target all the new build estates?

NWH

« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2020, 01:35:50 pm »
Of course it matters what he ends up with that’s a ridiculous statement for you to make if you are in any business you are in it to make money,my issue is with just that point what you would end up with.
125k after Tax to run 10-15 vans imo is not worth it just my opinion double that with 10 vans of course it would be.

NWH

« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2020, 01:38:20 pm »
Lol 3% of trillions of dollars pounds lira pesos euros 🤣,not 20% of 1-2 million look at it like that eggs and apples.

Dry Clean

« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2020, 02:06:34 pm »
Of course it matters what he ends up with that’s a ridiculous statement for you to make if you are in any business you are in it to make money,my issue is with just that point what you would end up with.
125k after Tax to run 10-15 vans imo is not worth it just my opinion double that with 10 vans of course it would be.
Exactly that's the difference in a business and a vanity project, I asked a hypothetical question,  would anybody looking to invest in a business pay 3 million for Lees business and not one on here said they would, that says it all.

Shrek

« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2020, 02:33:37 pm »
Buy a McDonald’s or kfc franchise and you’ll make more money than you can in window cleaning

NWH

« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2020, 02:37:27 pm »
I knew the guy who took 1 of the first ones on in the south east coast he paid at the time back in the 80s 250-500k,it made him millions by the time he retired.

Dry Clean

« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2020, 02:42:38 pm »
Enough to have a nice life.

Sorry dont really want to get into the to and fro. I dont come on here much anymore, I just cant stand someone with goals and ambitions being talked out of it by people that dont know what their talking about. Ive spent the last 15 years being told what cant be done on here and elsewhere and yet here I am with it done.

Sorry. I wont be answering questions here because it always goes the same way with the same people. I can imagine who will be along in a minute to tell me im wrong. Have a good weekend guys.
The only reason you're told you are wrong  is because you are wrong and have no real answers for those who are prepared to tell you that, its why once again your only defence is to play the victim.

Smudger

« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2020, 02:48:08 pm »

No it doesn't - same as I have no interest or need to know your profit - differing ways to make a living - as long as you do, who cares

Just you perceive your valuation on things and assume it's not worth it- is well worth it to some one else

Why you think running 15 vans is a vanity thing is beyond me

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

NWH

« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2020, 03:04:47 pm »
I don’t think it’s a vanity thing at all the opposite in fact,my point when this first started on other threads weeks ago was that if someone not just him had 10 vans out and it netted him 10-13 grand a month it wouldn’t be worth the agro with all those employees he ain’t to far in front of someone with a couple of employees with top quality work.

NWH

« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2020, 03:27:16 pm »
Pay 3 million for it lol 20% profit per annum how much would someone be expected to pay for that then,I would say 450-600,000 again - the Tax.