This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Suffolkcleaners

Re: Protective flooring
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2020, 12:49:17 pm »
Ps. Sorry to yet again come over so stupid but floor no sides? What do you mean? The middle bit of the floor but not the side bit? Surely you just get the whole back done? Or am I missing something (again lol)

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2020, 12:56:40 pm »
Sorry I’m being incredibly thick. The side wall bits. Penny has dropped. Might get a quote for both and see what they say 👍

Dry Clean

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2020, 01:12:36 pm »
Back when I didn't know any better I used Protekacoat but its really not needed, throw a rubber mat over the van floor to stop any scrapes and you will be fine, well unless you have a Ford which will rust from the outside underneath.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2020, 01:39:22 pm »
Ps just checked and mine does have a plastic type lining. Excellent. So mats should do then?
The liner in the custom is turned up at the edges along the bulkhead and both sides, so in effect it’s like a big tray so absolutely perfect for what you need. You will be better putting some clear silicone between the liner and the back doors as that’s the only bit where water can get underneath. The only reason you need a rubber mat is because the liner is made of plastic and is quite slidy, if you don’t have any  loose equipment on the floor of the loading area you won’t even need a mat.

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2020, 01:56:53 pm »
Perfect thanks KS. Perhaps after all I may get away with just some decent rubber matting. Waiting for some quotes also so won’t do any harm to see what they are also 👍

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2020, 04:01:30 pm »
£910 plus VAT to speedline it. More than I thought

dazmond

« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2020, 04:33:00 pm »
Ps just checked and mine does have a plastic type lining. Excellent. So mats should do then?

you dont need anything!just get the system fitted on the top of the load liner.....job done!... :)
price higher/work harder!

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2020, 05:01:30 pm »
Cheers guys. Time to think about booking the new system in 😀

bravo20

« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2020, 05:22:49 pm »
I've used wisadeck for the floor with rubber sheeting on top and polypropolene, instead of ply, for the sides in my last 2  vans.  Works well keeping the van clean and looks good.
Removed and refitted the floor,  to clean it, when I sold my last van,  van floor was in great condition after 6 years.