This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Phil J

Self Cleaning Glass & Bronze Wool
« on: June 21, 2020, 09:33:57 pm »
Hey lads,
Got a conny roof this week with self cleaning glass. Can you use bronze wool on them without damaging the finish?
Thank, Phil.

Smudger

Re: Self Cleaning Glass & Bronze Wool
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2020, 11:59:46 pm »
No

If it's self cleaning you shouldn't need anything other than water to clean and certainly not abrasive bronze wool

If you do a search (google) you should be abl to call up a list of approved cleaning agents for self cleaning glass - theirs not a lot

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

G Griffin

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2020, 12:33:30 am »
Definitely not.
As Smudge says, stick to water.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Phil J

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2020, 07:26:06 am »
Thanks for the replies lads. I thought as much. Looks like I'll have to break out the old Tecbuk hogs hair brush! Are they still going btw?

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2020, 05:38:34 pm »
i clean a few self cleaning roofs on a regular basis...i only use hot pure water....i wouldnt use chemicals,scrapers,bronze wool,etc...you ll run the risk of damaging the protective film on the glass....its not worth the risk.....
price higher/work harder!

Smudger

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2020, 05:57:01 pm »
Ahhh. Tecbuk- what lovely brushes

I think they have now passed away

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Phil J

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2020, 05:59:32 pm »
Hey Daz,
Thanks for the advice, we'll use a little trad detergent and a hogs hair brush. I hate cleaning these types of roofs to be honest. Just gotta suck it up as it's for a regular customer.

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2020, 06:21:17 pm »
Hey Daz,
Thanks for the advice, we'll use a little trad detergent and a hogs hair brush. I hate cleaning these types of roofs to be honest. Just gotta suck it up as it's for a regular customer.

i dont mind......the ones i clean are done every 2 months along with their windows,they dont take long!
price higher/work harder!