This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Den68

Re: Pure Freedom Vs Facelift
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2020, 10:10:55 pm »
Thanks for that Stu. I’m seriously considering this option now. Quite  a bit cheaper than the PF option. (Not that it’s all about cost bit it’s only me in the business) Is there no option to bolt the tank in rather than ratchet strap it? When I contacted WCW earlier they said there were brackets to install it?
Yes brackets are included but you will have to get some high tension bolts and spreader plates for underneath to bolt thru the floor.

harleyman

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2020, 06:33:36 am »
Pure freedom all the way  there systems  are bulet proof  I've had 3 systems off them over the years very  simple to maintain /and repair your self if owt gose wrong .No  bells and whistles to wrong .so you don't have to take it back to getit fixed...it's easey to fit but it's a 2 man job imo

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2020, 08:26:38 am »
Personally, I wouldn't get too hung up on the backpack quick fill requirement. Once you've a tank, pump and reel you'll question why you didn't do it sooner.  Just keep the backpack topped up with water for when needed. I've a DIY system that consists of a strapped down 350 lay flat tank and  a pump/battery box I made. It houses the battery, pump, controller and now also a charger. Really simple, compact, effective. I fitted a quick fill hose for backpack myself, its true as the level drops it gets harder to fill from it, but for its rare use I just make sure its topped up for any jobs at beginning of day.  I nearly went for the Face-lift compact 425 myself in my new van, but I had most of the components already. One thing that was putting me off it though and bugging me about the design was the fact it had no sight guage for water level. Being black means you have no quick visual way of checking water level without taking off the lid. Being a lay flat design this can become a concern later in day as water level drops and you may be parked on a slope. All the systems you and others have mentioned are good. But you've got to weigh up the sum of the parts vs convenience. I think some are quite pricey for what they consist of.  An alternative idea for backpack fill if it's really a crucial factor would be dropping a bilge or wale pump in the tank through the lid, seen others do this in the past.

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2020, 08:41:37 am »
Thank you for that big Kahuna. Definitely wanted a water gauge indicator so glad you mentioned that. Also I contacted WCW and they have responded saying the system takes several working days to build before installation. Also you have to take the battery out to charge or additionally get a split relay put in by someone else.

The PF option  sorts all those issues out and includes the split relay and they install for me if needed. Also no issues with tank not being bolted down. Seems to me although not the cheapest that PF may well be a good option.

Thanks again. KS was right you need to take your time and explore all options....

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2020, 08:55:24 am »
WCW do have quite lengthy lead times, I'm still waiting on my 3d electric reel for nearly two weeks probably added to by the current pandemic. Sounds like PF are the guys for you then. It costs, but if what you are after is peace of mind and someone to fit it all for you it's probably worth it. I've always diy'd my set ups but know not everybody can/wants to. I suppose the way to look at it is the return you'll get on your investment over the coming years. I'm sure it will serve you well.

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2020, 10:00:00 am »
From WCW...

We build the systems here ready for installation once they arrive This will not be for you to build up.

We also send out the brackets and bolts ready to bolt through the van floor. Everything will be included

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2020, 10:01:14 am »
I got that wrong as they do build ready to fit but I agree PF seems to be the best choice for me....

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2020, 11:01:17 am »
Having re read your original post and 2 options I'd just add this. Don't rely solely on SCR  to keep a battery topped up. If you are able to run a lead out to your van it would be better to use something like a Ctek smart charger each night. If it were me, I'd just buy a framed tank and get a local garage etc to fit for you. I'd build a pump box to house battery, pump, controller and charger ( you can even buy these minus a charger.). Not trying to sway you just it's not as hard as you think but convenience costs you considerably more.

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2020, 11:35:10 am »
Thanks for that but convenience due to me being exceptionally impractical will prob just take the stress out of everything. It’s still going to cost even doing it that way. If it’s an extra 600-700 or whatever I would prob pay it. I’ve got the money put aside.

It’s not the money it’s the decision of which system to get would be easy,simple and the least likely to go wrong (although any system can go wrong i appreciate that)

Failing that I could just get the tank and cage from pure freedom with a trolley dump and start off that way and move to hose reel down the line. I’m even more confused now as so many people giving advice Lol. Much appreciated though 👍

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2020, 04:39:20 pm »
Are these delivery only? How are you purifying your water? What's your source TDS?
Comfortably Numb!

tlwcs

« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2020, 05:46:55 pm »
Ordered a 350 tank last Thursday £205 that included £45 delivery
Called  them today and it hadn’t left, they took the payment immediately though
Pay on your credit card. I doubt I’ll order from them again
Tony

KS Cleaning

« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2020, 06:37:25 pm »
Are these delivery only? How are you purifying your water? What's your source TDS?
He transfers from an IBC

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2020, 10:20:06 pm »
Yep that’s right KS. I transfer from my garage so all systems I’m looking at are delivery only. 👍

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2020, 10:21:44 pm »
Ordered a 350 tank last Thursday £205 that included £45 delivery
Called  them today and it hadn’t left, they took the payment immediately though

Sorry ordered from who? PF or WCW?
Pay on your credit card. I doubt I’ll order from them again
Tony

Ralphie

« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2020, 07:54:08 am »
Hi Stu/Ralphie

Do you have the Manuel or electric hose reel? Also did you get a garage to install it or is it easy to DIY? Is the hose reel good quality also? Easy to reel in etc etc. Do you work with the hose reel freestanding or fixed in? Cheers

Similar to Stu’s except bolted into floor of van (this was only done as I had access to a ramp otherwise it would have been strapped in).

Electric reel which is great and dropped through a hole in the floor so I can work with van locked.

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2020, 08:37:53 am »
Hi Ralphie/Stu

Do you have a split relay? Or do you charge the battery every day? WCW said that they sell the split relay as an extra. They also said it comes with the proper restraining bolts and spreaders to secure to the van floor?

Stoots

« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2020, 10:45:52 am »
Yep that’s right KS. I transfer from my garage so all systems I’m looking at are delivery only. 👍

If it's delivery only I think you would be nuts to buy an off the peg "system" for upwards of 2 grand.

Just buy a tank, a frame, battery, pump and controller. That'll set you back probably £800 ish.

Get someone to bolt it in and jobs a good un. I know you said you are not good at this sort of thing but it might be an idea to do it yourself, take the learning curve and in future you can replace bits as and when they break rather than having to phone pure freedom asking why is my pump not working etc.

I'm terms of which system is best, you have to realise they all use the same or similar components, these systems are only plastic tanks with the same bits bolted on. So there is no such thing as which is the best system. I would just go with which one you like the look of. All of them put water to glass, the rest is just cosmetic.

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2020, 04:26:27 pm »
Appreciate advice everyone. For me personally I would rather pay extra to have it all fitted. PF looks to me 90% the option I’m going for after lots of thought.

Can anyone answer a quick question.... I use univalves on my gardiners poles so would this be able to be used as normal if I moved over to a PF electric hose reel?

My uncle is encouraging me to make this business change as if I do my back In from all the lifting of 25kg drums all day long it will cost me a hell of a lot more than 3 grand.

Cheers

Cookie

« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2020, 04:59:36 pm »
Can anyone answer a quick question.... I use univalves on my gardiners poles so would this be able to be used as normal if I moved over to a PF electric hose reel?

Yes - I use univalves with a PowerUP HD reel.

« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2020, 05:10:42 pm »
If you can fit a univalve then you can fit a battery, pump and controller.
Just saying   ;)