Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Suffolkcleaners

Re: Moving over to hose Reel
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2020, 10:57:38 pm »
Great. Thanks for taking the time KS to send that over. Really helpful advice. Cheers 👍

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2020, 09:31:50 am »
Hi KS (sorry me again) I’m looking at BES.co.uk and trying to buy the fittings you advised as per above and struggling to find exactly what I need. I’m happy just to mimic exactly what you have got(as I am going to buy a 500 upright enduramaxx)

Can you advise exactly what I need as per BES as when I type on the search bar of website there are so many things coming up it’s doing my head in.

Thanks

KS Cleaning

« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2020, 11:28:05 am »
No need to apologise, it’s no problem mate.
Part numbers are 14287....14562....16839.
The parts I’ve listed are for a male outlet, if you prefer a female outlet which won’t protrude so far, you will also need an equal hex which would go directly into the female outlet, part No 14412.
Enduramaxx, the tank you want is SK171505, remember to ask for it in the clear colour so you can see the water level. I actually ordered my Enduramaxx tank from Agri-linc as it was cheaper, they don’t seem to list it on their site now but may be worth a phone call.
The hose I got from eBay, it’s just fish pond hose which is nice and flexible.
Are you planning on getting a cage built ( sorry for the question lol! )

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2020, 01:03:55 pm »
Hi KS. Much appreciated again. The fittings you have given me will they work in terms of working from my side door on my transit custom? Backpack on the floor by side loading door and stretch bit of hose so it can fill the backpack in 8 seconds? Is it just gravity then that fills it so quick? Will any hose do pretty much?

Haven’t even thought about a cage. I wasn’t planning to. What would I need that for? My handyman guy has recommended a local garage to bolt the tank in. Are these fittings super easy to fit for a cack handed idiot like me? Or best to get the garage guy to do them with the tank?

Cheers

KS Cleaning

« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2020, 01:47:19 pm »
Hi KS. Much appreciated again. The fittings you have given me will they work in terms of working from my side door on my transit custom? Backpack on the floor by side loading door and stretch bit of hose so it can fill the backpack in 8 seconds? Is it just gravity then that fills it so quick? Will any hose do pretty much?

Haven’t even thought about a cage. I wasn’t planning to. What would I need that for? My handyman guy has recommended a local garage to bolt the tank in. Are these fittings super easy to fit for a cack handed idiot like me? Or best to get the garage guy to do them with the tank?

Cheers
Yes, the pic I’ve shown is the from the side door of my Custom. Any hose will do, when you go up to 1.1/2” you have limited choice, I find the flexibility of the pond hose works well and yes it’s only gravity fed.
You will need some kind of cage around the tank in order for it to be bolted through the floor. My cage was made by a local blacksmith using angle iron and he also arranged for it to be powder coated. When you get your tank it’s important to show the person making the cage the outlet position, if you go for the male outlet which protrudes, they will have to allow for this, otherwise the cage will get caught on the outlet as it’s lowered over the tank, if you look closely at mine there is no angle iron directly underneath the outlet. The fixings are easy enough and ptfe tape and compound paste should be used. You will need to have all the fittings in place and tightened before it’s bolted to the floor because the elbow won’t turn, it will hit the floor if you try to tighten it in situ due to its size.

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2020, 02:00:35 pm »
Gosh I’m glad you told me about the cage otherwise I just would have bought it and expected the guy to bolt it in. Ok need to think of Plan B. Maybe enduramaxx or another company might sell the tank with cage? I will start doing some more research and won’t just buy yet. Cheers

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2020, 02:15:17 pm »
PS. Ive just seen your previous picture for the first time properly as wasn't showing very well on my phone(much clearer from a computer). Actually looks really smart and professional. Is that against the side wall and back bulkhead? Will any cage pretty much be ok for the tank? Maybe could find out if pure freedom sell just the cages or if they can put these fittings on? Although sounds to me like it's only a select few places that come with the 1.5 outlet fittings........

KS Cleaning

« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2020, 03:11:23 pm »
Purefreedom do a cage and tank but will come with a 1” outlet, which will do the job, but over the course of a day you will save quite a bit of time with a 1 1/2” outlet. The cage will be in stainless steel so more expensive than getting one made by a fabricator. Also the Enduramaxx tank is far better baffled than a Wyedale tank, you won’t even know it’s in the back of the van when driving.
Another option if the cage is putting you off, have a look at The Cleaning Warehouse website, they do retaining brackets for tanks where the base is secured to the floor then the metal straps are placed over the tank, they are primarily for Wyedale tanks but I’m sure if you were to phone them they can adapt them to fit other tanks.

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2020, 05:10:51 pm »
That’s great KS. Advice is appreciated. I will give them a call on Monday and keep you updated how I get on. Thank you

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2020, 10:01:33 am »
Hi KS

Called cleaning warehouse and they don’t do them for other tanks. Arggghhh. If I was to get a tank with a 1” outlet how much slower would it be to fill a backpack? Any other options or places Lou know of that might sell brackets for tanks? Cheers

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2020, 10:17:10 am »
Just called tanks direct and they don’t do either. I’m going to need to find a metal works/ironmonger to help personally make one. Arrgggghhhh

dazmond

« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2020, 01:24:05 pm »
Just called tanks direct and they don’t do either. I’m going to need to find a metal works/ironmonger to help personally make one. Arrgggghhhh

you can order a brand new 500L upright tank and frame from pure freedom....itll cost you around £650 with VAT and delivery for both.....this is what i did...i then got my local garage to fit it in my van for £80......

...or if you want to do it cheaper look on ebay.....im sure you could pick up a second hand tank and frame at a fraction of the price if you dont want to buy new.....
price higher/work harder!

KS Cleaning

« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2020, 05:04:03 pm »
I got my frame made for £160 and it was a further £60 to have it powder coated. If you decide to go down this route let me know and I will take more detailed photos of my frame to give you an idea of how it’s made. Once a steel fabricator has measured the tank dimensions it really isn’t that difficult, just add 10-15mm for margin of error as tanks are not perfect in shape.
If you look at the pictures of the Enduramaxx tank and the Wyedale tank, you will see the extra baffles in the bottom of the Enduramaxx one, so you don’t feel the water sloshing about as much when the tank is near empty.
Using a standard 1” outlet it will add about 3-4 seconds per fill.
One other option, just to confuse you even more, would be to get a custom tank made, which would screw directly in to the floor without the need for a separate frame. I think it was Aqueous plastics that used to do them? If you are considering this option it would be worth opening another thread to ask who makes custom tanks.

Stoots

« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2020, 05:09:30 pm »
Buy a MIG welder and make a cage yourself.

It'll likely be no more expensive than buying a cage off the shelf plus you will have learnt a new skill to use in the future.

Welders always come in handy for something.

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2020, 05:45:37 pm »
Thanks guys. Dazmond the problem with the pure freedom is they don’t have the 1.5” outlet options(unless I’m wrong)

KS. Is the only difference between me getting a 1” outlet and a 1.5” outlet is 3-4 secs per fill of a backpack?

Gomo I can barely put up a shelf never mind learn metal work skills and make my own cage lol.

It might just be easier you know to get another tank like the pure freedom or look at the facelift systems. Why the earth do they not have a universal tank frame? A real Dragons Den opportunity for someone to make a lot of money.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2020, 06:23:35 pm »
Thanks guys. Dazmond the problem with the pure freedom is they don’t have the 1.5” outlet options(unless I’m wrong)

KS. Is the only difference between me getting a 1” outlet and a 1.5” outlet is 3-4 secs per fill of a backpack?

Gomo I can barely put up a shelf never mind learn metal work skills and make my own cage lol.

It might just be easier you know to get another tank like the pure freedom or look at the facelift systems. Why the earth do they not have a universal tank frame? A real Dragons Den opportunity for someone to make a lot of money.
It will be approx 3-4 seconds slower when the tank is near full, when the tank is about quarter full it will be approx 5-6 seconds slower. The less water in the tank the slower the fill due to the volume of water.

dazmond

« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2020, 06:31:33 pm »

your over complicating it mate.....a normal 1" outlet will be fine,then youll be good to go.....if your not sure what fitting you need to have an easy fill up for your backpack then phone PF up theyll see you right with a suitable fitting before you order.....

dazmond

« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2020, 06:33:05 pm »

It will be approx 3-4 seconds slower when the tank is near full, when the tank is about quarter full it will be approx 5-6 seconds slower. The less water in the tank the slower the fill due to the volume of water.

hopefully he wont need to use the backpack often once he gets used to a van mount...i dont have any work where a backpack would be quicker/easier these days....

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2020, 06:50:16 pm »
That’s great Cheers. I think I’m fearful of the hose reel. Ok that’s a good plan. Call PF and look at getting a 500 with cage and see if they can fit both fittings for backpack and hose reel. Will just be so much easier than finding some metal works guy but appreciate your  advice KS. I need to keep it as simple as possible.

I’m assuming the facelift systems would have the same issue of no cage/frame also.

Ok more research and some calls to make........

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2020, 06:52:45 pm »
Ps I honestly didn’t realise it was just a matter of a few seconds per backpack fill. If that’s the only difference between fittings it may make sense in my position to get a tank that comes with the frame but appreciate it may not be as good as the enduramaxx tank in terms of a baffled tank. Thanks again KS 😀