Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Suffolkcleaners

Moving over to hose Reel
« on: June 10, 2020, 09:39:19 pm »
Hi guys

Right I need to take the leap(over though I’m years behind). Working from a backpack and barrels and sick and fed up with lifting 25kg drums all day long. Back and shoulders will eventually cause me probs I know that (I’m 41 now).

I do struggle with change and I’m rubbish when it comes to being practical.

I don’t want a fancy expensive system but just something very simplistic and easy to use. I’ve got a ford transit custom(17 plate) lovely van and ready for a decent setup.

Can anyone advise on what exactly I need. I might get a handyman guy I know to help me set it all up.

I’m thinking...

Tank(no idea size but payload is 1500 Kgs I believe)
Pump
Controller
Battery
Hose reel

Can anyone advise what they would get with the van I have? Also approx cost? Electric or Manuel hose reel?

I need to get the ball rolling as like I said all this lifting is doing my head in. Cheers

Suffolkcleaners

Re: Moving over to hose Reel
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2020, 09:45:42 pm »
Ps. I’m only a one man band so only a one man set up required (mainly domestic work) and I make the pure water in my garage so no need to make pure water on board. Currently use around 250-300 litre in drums a day.

High-Tower

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2020, 09:51:11 pm »
What’s your budget?
Are you planning to grow your business? Or are you happy the size you are?

One of the facelift compact systems from window cleaning warehouse might be good worth a look.

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2020, 10:01:16 pm »
Hi Hightower

I’m planning on staying as a one man operation. Much prefer to work alone. Budget wise I’m not too sure. I was thinking 1-2 grand. I know for about a grand you could prob get a DIY set up sorted of some sorts but I just don’t see the need in getting a fancy 3 plus grand system (unless I’m missing something)

Cheers

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2020, 10:06:01 pm »
Hi High tower. Just checked out the facelift system and looks a good option. Do they install? Or is it easy to do yourself? Will check it out. Think as my van is a good size I would go with the 425 tank option. Is that a good size for a transit custom? Cheers

Ralphie

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2020, 10:17:46 pm »
That’s what I bought for my Nissan nv200, it’s perfect for me and easy to fit.

Make sure you do all the preliminary stuff like protectakote paint on the floor before hand and fit direct to floor.

I got a manual reel but now wished I got electric.

I also put a reel feeder thing in the floor so that I can lock van and still have use of cable.

I’m sure theirs loads of windies here with more advise than me as I’m a newbie...

KS Cleaning

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2020, 10:22:19 pm »
I don’t think your payload will be anywhere near 1500kg, what is the exact model of your custom? e.g 290, 310?

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2020, 10:22:57 pm »
Thanks for that Ralphie.

So you have gone with the 425 tank facelift system? Is that right? Does it all come with fitting instructions? Do you bolt the tank down or ratchet strap it? Cheers. Ps sorry for questions as I’m clueless.

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2020, 10:26:19 pm »
I don’t think your payload will be anywhere near 1500kg, what is the exact model of your custom? e.g 290, 310?

Hi it’s the ford transit custom sport 155 ps 2.2 litre I believe. Actually 1075 kgs rings a bell also. Might have got the ton and a half wrong. It’s definitely over a ton easily.

I imagine I could get a 500-650 tank but no idea what size would be best?

KS Cleaning

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2020, 10:28:52 pm »
Hi guys

Right I need to take the leap(over though I’m years behind). Working from a backpack and barrels and sick and fed up with lifting 25kg drums all day long. Back and shoulders will eventually cause me probs I know that (I’m 41 now).

I do struggle with change and I’m rubbish when it comes to being practical.

I don’t want a fancy expensive system but just something very simplistic and easy to use. I’ve got a ford transit custom(17 plate) lovely van and ready for a decent setup.

Can anyone advise on what exactly I need. I might get a handyman guy I know to help me set it all up.

I’m thinking...

Tank(no idea size but payload is 1500 Kgs I believe)
Pump
Controller
Battery
Hose reel

Can anyone advise what they would get with the van I have? Also approx cost? Electric or Manuel hose reel?

I need to get the ball rolling as like I said all this lifting is doing my head in. Cheers
I also work with a backpack as I really can’t get on with hose reels and I am quicker with a backpack than I was a hose reel. I have a 500 litre upright tank with a 1 1/2” outlet and 1 1/2” hose and tap, it fills a 22 litre backpack in about 8 seconds.

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2020, 10:30:37 pm »
Ps pretty certain  it’s the 290 2.2TDCI sport model  L1 H1

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2020, 10:33:09 pm »
Hi KS

Little confused. Are you saying you still work from a backpack and you fill your backpack from your tank? Why did you struggle with the hose reel?

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2020, 10:34:25 pm »
Ps doesn’t fill me with confidence if it’s quicker off a backpack lol.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2020, 10:40:44 pm »
Ps pretty certain  it’s the 290 2.2TDCI sport model  L1 H1
Payload will be around 1000kg, which is plenty if you work alone.
Yes I work with a backpack filled from a 500 litre tank. I just found this to be the most efficient way for me to work.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2020, 10:41:56 pm »
Ps doesn’t fill me with confidence if it’s quicker off a backpack lol.
It won’t be quicker for everyone but it is for me.

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2020, 10:45:03 pm »
So you save the lifting of barrels by filling from the tank? And then do you (like myself) carry the backpack around the house with you? Or put on a trolley? I never even knew it was an option to get a tank and be able to fill the backpack each time so it’s given me another option for those of us who struggle with change or don’t like the hose reel so thanks for that 👍

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2020, 10:47:46 pm »
Both options of the facelift and the filling up backpack(like KS) have really given me food for thought now. Just need to work out which way to go and brave the change. Whatever decision I make the lifting has to stop as dot want to do my back in at 41 with a baby to look after also. Need to think of all these things now I’m not a spring chicken lol

KS Cleaning

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2020, 11:18:18 pm »
Both options of the facelift and the filling up backpack(like KS) have really given me food for thought now. Just need to work out which way to go and brave the change. Whatever decision I make the lifting has to stop as dot want to do my back in at 41 with a baby to look after also. Need to think of all these things now I’m not a spring chicken lol
Don’t you know any local cleaners who use hose reels? Maybe you could tag along with them for a day or two?

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2020, 11:22:34 pm »
Good idea but might be a bit tricky at the moment with social distancing etc. Do you just carry the backpack around each house then KS? Or use a trolley? I guess you still have the lifting though if you carry around the house but at least you save the lifting of the weight of barrels by pumping water straight into the backpack

KS Cleaning

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2020, 11:36:48 pm »
I carry the backpack, but I work so that when it’s full I never have to carry it too far. I’m 51 and manage it no problem, maybe when I get nearer 60 I’ll have a re-think. If you do go down the tank to backpack route check out the enduramaxx upright tanks, they come with a 1.5” outlet which is ideal for fast filling a backpack.