This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Suffolkcleaners

Re: Moving over to hose Reel
« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2020, 06:56:15 pm »
Ps I’ve managed to find a guy who can probably install a system if I take the hose reel plunge. Maybe it’s time to grow a pair and give it a go!!!

KS Cleaning

« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2020, 08:01:12 pm »
Now that you have different options it would be best to take your time and explore each one, once you’ve done this you’ll be able to come to a decision that best suits your needs.

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2020, 08:06:54 pm »
Thanks KS. I feel like I owe you a pint. Yep good idea. I need to take my time and not rush.

Seriously thanks for all your help. I’m sure I will come back on here and update shortly 👍

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2020, 11:33:18 am »
Both options of the facelift and the filling up backpack(like KS) have really given me food for thought now. Just need to work out which way to go and brave the change. Whatever decision I make the lifting has to stop as dot want to do my back in at 41 with a baby to look after also. Need to think of all these things now I’m not a spring chicken lol

My advice:

You are struggling using a backpack. Then go to a van mount. Its saves lugging water around in 'bulk'.
Each of us is built differently. KS Cleaning is older than you, but that doesn't mean you should be able to do the job better than he does because you are younger.

Even with a van mount you can still use your backpack for those occasional times.

As regards tanks, everyone will have a different opinion. I fitted 500 liter Wyedale tanks to both the lad's vans. It gave them plenty in reserve. IMHO you will use more water with a van mount than you did using a backpack. My son does.

Setup time with a van mount will probably be longer than using a backpack, but cleaning time is quicker. in our experience on normal everyday houses. When there's a big job to do then the hose reel is far quicker and less tiring.

A good tank frame can be purchased from Purefreedom for a Wydale tank as can the other components.

My suggestion is to get PF to fit the tank as well. They will know exactly where to position the tank on your van so as to not overload either axle.
When your insurance company asks if the tank has been professional fitted you have the receipt to say it has.

Sorry to bring this thread up again. Just reread everything (takes time to digest)

Do the PF frames fit the wydale tanks? Also why not use a PF tank if I was to get the frame? Are the wydale tanks better then? What’s the difference? Cheers

KS Cleaning

« Reply #64 on: June 20, 2020, 12:01:08 pm »
PF don’t make tanks, they buy in Wyedale tanks, which are decent enough tanks but not very well baffled. PF are part of Adepta engineering and both work from the same unit in Grimsby. Adepta manufacture the frames etc which are then sold under the PF branding

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #65 on: June 20, 2020, 12:29:06 pm »
Thanks KS. When you say not very well baffled.... do you mean in terms of the water sloshing around? Is it that noticeable with a wyedale? Any other benefits from say an enduramaxx (apart from fitting)...?

As I’ve reflected it seems your option is so cheap but I’ve also emailed PF to quote me just on the tank and cage with there 1” outlet fitting.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #66 on: June 20, 2020, 01:41:37 pm »
The only benefit I can see in going  with PF is that it’s relatively hassle free as it’s a one stop shop compared to getting the Enduramaxx tank then getting someone to make you a cage and fit a DIY system ....however this will be reflected in the price you pay.
The water will be noticeable sloshing about in the wyedale tank when the water level is low and sitting lower than the baffles, if you are using up all your water every day you will notice it near the end of the day. If it does become a problem you could always put some baffle balls in. The enduramaxx tank has baffles in the floor of the tank to negate this.

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #67 on: June 22, 2020, 02:24:44 pm »
Hi KS where are you based? Just wondering if the guy who did your frame for the tank is anywhere near me? I’m In Suffolk. Cheers

KS Cleaning

« Reply #68 on: June 22, 2020, 03:31:34 pm »
Hi KS where are you based? Just wondering if the guy who did your frame for the tank is anywhere near me? I’m In Suffolk. Cheers
Nowhere near mate, I’m in Fife, Scotland. Just google blacksmiths in your area and ask a few of them for a quote.

dazmond

« Reply #69 on: June 22, 2020, 03:50:15 pm »
my system is a mixture from various companies.....

500L upright wydale tank and frame from pure freedom fitted by my local garage
pure freedom reelmaster electric reel
custom fit grippatank 9kw hydroheat diesel heater with frost stat
gardiner xtreme 25ft/47ft poles

if your really crap at DIY and need a delivery only cold water system id go with a pure freedom 500L system with a pure freedom electric reel....
price higher/work harder!

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #70 on: June 22, 2020, 06:15:52 pm »
Thank you KS/Dazmond. I am biding my time with Covid etc but PF is definitely the way to go for me. Called up three other companies today and PF by far were the most patient (Lol) and friendly. Really really helpful and you got to go with your gut feeling. The system looks fairly easy to use especially with the electric hose reelmaster. Grab the bull and go for it!

Thanks again guys. I’m going to pay the extra and get a PF system fully installed. It will soon pay for itself and less strain on my back. Been a lengthy decision but I got there. I promise not to bring this thread up again 😂