This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

simon w

Sky Vac Atom
« on: April 11, 2020, 11:28:27 am »
Sorry for another gutter vac thread  I was wondering if any of you have recently purchased the latest Sky Vac Atom package and do you have any feed back on it's pros and cons, is it up to the task ETC? I am thinking about getting the seven pole package and maybe asking if I can upgrade to the recordable camera set up. This will mostly be used on domestic but also block management flats and housing association work. At a push do you think adding an extra pole section to the 34 ft is possible or is that already working at it's maximum height for the vac/machine?

I like the idea of the small size of the machine and not having to remove other equipment to accommodate the larger machines in their range.

Would be great to hear from someone who has the latest Atom package and whether it's worth the investment.

lee_dewing

Re: Sky Vac Atom
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2020, 05:57:58 pm »
Hello Simon

I Don’t have an atom

Thinking of getting one as you
This YouTube video gave me a better
Opinion of It

Also spinaclean do a training day for atom as well as sell it

Unfortunately not at the moment

I’m sure someone on here has one
As I asked this question a while back

Hope you get some answers
Stay well
Fella 👍

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fmpNOHW50Hs
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

simon w

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2020, 06:29:44 pm »
Hello Simon

I Don’t have an atom

Opinion of It

Stay well
Fella 👍

Thanks Lee I'd already watched all the vids I could find on the net. Just wondering if there were any happy users of this machine/set up on CIU who could point out both it's pro's and cons

BTW do you think that video is staged? already had the debris vac'd out a small organic bung placed in the down pipe fill the length of guttering up with water from a wfp turn camera on place gutter pole in down pipe and Voila.............. ;)

lee_dewing

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2020, 08:49:21 pm »
I know what you mean Simon

There are a few window cleaner you tubers that seem to plug certain equipment

Wagga started off modifying equipment that I thought was alright to start with 🤔

Brushes
Dangling pole tubing outside of pole
etc

Now plugging other equipment
Also guy that had/has that window cleaning mag

Squeaky seems legit still

Just my opinion
What do I know
😁

If you buy an Atom Simon
You’ll have to take a polygraph test
So we know your not lying 🤥

Mind you years ago, I didn’t quite believe you could clean windows with a wfp system

Some people can’t 😳

Splash & dash

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2020, 03:25:27 pm »
Hello Simon

I Don’t have an atom

Opinion of It

Stay well
Fella 👍

Thanks Lee I'd already watched all the vids I could find on the net. Just wondering if there were any happy users of this machine/set up on CIU who could point out both it's pro's and cons

BTW do you think that video is staged? already had the debris vac'd out a small organic bung placed in the down pipe fill the length of guttering up with water from a wfp turn camera on place gutter pole in down pipe and Voila.............. ;)

I don’t  have the atom but the skyvac interceptor and no there videos aren’t staged I haven’t  had  to use a ladder very often , the atom is a good entry level vac  and Ime 100% sure it would do any domestic job you are likely to come up against , we do tens of thousands of meters of gutters every year mainly commercial but it’s not just the vac but knowing how to use it it’s not just a case of sticking the end tool in the gutter but understanding how ti get different types of things out of a gutter with minimal effort

lee_dewing

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2020, 03:54:12 pm »
Thanks Splash 👍

Would go on the spinaclean day course if I was to purchase an Atom

How to use and also how to price £?

Stay well 🐣🏃🦠

Splash & dash

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2020, 04:04:24 pm »
Thanks Splash 👍

Would go on the spinaclean day course if I was to purchase an Atom

How to use and also how to price £?

Stay well 🐣🏃🦠

I guess priced differ all over the country a typical 3 bed modern semi is £65 that’s the cheapest we will do minimum price , commercial jobs some are many thousands of pounds , we regularly do 8-15 houses a day depending on size so it’s a good earner .

lee_dewing

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2020, 05:30:11 pm »
guess priced differ all over the country a typical 3 bed modern semi is £65 that’s the cheapest we will do minimum price

I’m in Essex I think that’s a fair price
Splash

And what I was thinking £20 a run
So semi detached
3 sides of guttering

Maybe offering an inspection on say property mentioned £15

Which would be knocked off price

So £65 job
£50 to pay if excepted in say 60 days 🤔

So Splash, a 3 bed semi half an hour
To clear gutters?

Thanks

Splash & dash

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2020, 05:52:53 pm »
guess priced differ all over the country a typical 3 bed modern semi is £65 that’s the cheapest we will do minimum price

I’m in Essex I think that’s a fair price
Splash

And what I was thinking £20 a run
So semi detached
3 sides of guttering

Maybe offering an inspection on say property mentioned £15

Which would be knocked off price

So £65 job
£50 to pay if excepted in say 60 days 🤔

So Splash, a 3 bed semi half an hour
To clear gutters?

Thanks

We have a minimum charge of £65 for any  gutter work , time for a 3 bed semi 20 muinits max unless encountering problems . 

carl stanton

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2020, 07:52:51 am »
I purchased one early March. Seven pole as thought better to have them available.
It’s a neat set up. Fits in my combo van along with a ladder. 
Had one job that had clumps of grass and mesh grown together so had to hop up and get it out.
Would recommend it. Don’t assume you will never get up a ladder though.

Splash & dash

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2020, 03:01:02 pm »
I purchased one early March. Seven pole as thought better to have them available.
It’s a neat set up. Fits in my combo van along with a ladder. 
Had one job that had clumps of grass and mesh grown together so had to hop up and get it out.
Would recommend it. Don’t assume you will never get up a ladder though.

That’s why it’s important to do a survey before quoting if it’s going to be a problem job the price needs to be higher . Once you have had your fingers burnt a couple of times you soon learn 😂😂😂

simon w

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2020, 08:56:09 pm »
Is there two different types of pole they do? seems to be a tapered skyvac pole and what they are calling Elite pole with a clamp?

Which ones are you using chaps and what's best?

Splash & dash

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2020, 10:40:53 pm »
Is there two different types of pole they do? seems to be a tapered skyvac pole and what they are calling Elite pole with a clamp?

Which ones are you using chaps and what's best?

The elite poles with the clamps are very good and the suction release pole bottom section is very useful,but they are dearer than taper fit poles

simon w

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2020, 10:58:20 pm »
How good are the taper poles and are the elite poles worth the extra money? I'm about to order the atom with seven poles and the recordable camera

Splash & dash

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2020, 11:04:24 pm »
How good are the taper poles and are the elite poles worth the extra money? I'm about to order the atom with seven poles and the recordable camera

I have the elite poles as that’s what came with my vac as standard , I haven’t used Sky vacs taper fit poles but assume they would be very similar to any other taper fit poles , I had carbon fibre tubes taper fit poles for over 10 years and they were brilliant poles but could stick on occasions, bit of silicon spray before use will help prevent this ,or a bit of insulation tape when the two sections are put together on the smaller section tk stop it being pushed in to tight , if that makes sense .

Splash & dash

« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2020, 11:11:15 pm »
Just checked out the price difference the elite poles are about £138 dearer when paying over £800 for poles I would pay the extra £138 , also as a side point the half length pole is well worth having we find sometimes a full pole is to long and without it it’s to short we use it a lot .

simon w

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2020, 07:58:26 am »
I've just put an order through for the Atom with seven poles plus the recordable camera and marketing materials. I'm guessing this won't be the elite pole set but their staff are going to give me a call today to go through it.

Splash & dash

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2020, 05:09:14 pm »
Rob is very helpful and always  phones back quickly , very good firm to deal with 👍

simon w

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2020, 06:52:55 pm »
Rob is very helpful and always  phones back quickly , very good firm to deal with 👍

Been dealing with a Mark and the Elite poles aren't compatible with the Atom so modular it is then  8)

Darek M

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2020, 12:56:42 pm »
Really convenient to have and much easier than to use a ladder. Tremendous little package. How powerful it was, I was surprised. At one point the suction was just too strong at the gutter.
Shiny Windows offer professional window cleaning!  and gutter clearing in Nottingham.