This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dry Clean

Re: Serious Question To Those Working
« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2020, 10:29:58 am »
Show me where I'm wrong then.
You do know that Sunak said that during a press conference. Is it policy and how could they enforce it?

Now, tell me where I'm wrong and I'll show you that I'm not.

You were wrong by telling Dry Clean that he's wrong.

He wasn't; he was spot on.
He was wrong. He said that you could only claim if...…..

Missing Link

« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2020, 10:30:33 am »
Royal mail have got around it and they have 60k employees.

I'd imagine there's a list of key workers who can travel two to a vehicle, like ambulance drivers or police.  Postal service will be classed as essential (we need our letters from the tax man, for example).

I doubt window cleaners would make the list.
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2020, 10:32:07 am »
I have lost income due to covid-19 so I'm sitting this out for now and will receive the 80% grant. The 80% will cover all my bills no problem. I live in the countryside relatively isolated anyway so the lockdown doesn't really change much for my home life. To be honest, up to now I'm just enjoying it, making the most of a very unique situation. Spending quality time with my family in safety- something I have absolutely no problem continuing with.👍

Here's the information from the Government regarding the 80% grant. It's VERY clear and easy to understand.

Claim a grant through the coronavirus (COVID-19) Self-employment Income Support Scheme

Use this scheme if you're self-employed or a member of a partnership and have lost income due to coronavirus.

Published 26 March 2020

ContentsWho can applyHow much you’ll getHow to applyAfter you’ve appliedOther help you can get

This scheme will allow you to claim a taxable grant worth 80% of your trading profits up to a maximum of £2,500 per month for the next 3 months. This may be extended if needed.

Who can apply

You can apply if you’re a self-employed individual or a member of a partnership and you:

have submitted your Income Tax Self Assessment tax return for the tax year 2018-19traded in the tax year 2019-20are trading when you apply, or would be except for COVID-19intend to continue to trade in the tax year 2020-21have lost trading/partnership trading profits due to COVID-19

Your self-employed trading profits must also be less than £50,000 and more than half of your income come from self-employment. This is determined by at least one of the following conditions being true:

having trading profits/partnership trading profits in 2018-19 of less than £50,000 and these profits constitute more than half of your total taxable incomehaving average trading profits in 2016-17, 2017-18, and 2018-19 of less than £50,000 and these profits constitute more than half of your average taxable income in the same period

If you started trading between 2016-19, HMRC will only use those years for which you filed a Self-Assessment tax return.

If you have not submitted your Income Tax Self-Assessment tax return for the tax year 2018-19, you must do this by 23 April 2020.

HMRC will use data on 2018-19 returns already submitted to identify those eligible and will risk assess any late returns filed before the 23 April 2020 deadline in the usual way.

How much you’ll get

You’ll get a taxable grant which will be 80% of the average profits from the tax years (where applicable):

2016 to 20172017 to 20182018 to 2019

To work out the average HMRC will add together the total trading profit for the 3 tax years (where applicable) then divide by 3 (where applicable), and use this to calculate a monthly amount.

It will be up to a maximum of £2,500 per month for 3 months.

We’ll pay the grant directly into your bank account, in one instalment.

How to apply

You cannot apply for this scheme yet.

HMRC will contact you if you are eligible for the scheme and invite you to apply online.

Individuals do not need to contact HMRC now and doing so will only delay the urgent work being undertaken to introduce the scheme.

You will access this scheme only through GOV.UK. If someone texts, calls or emails claiming to be from HMRC, saying that you can claim financial help or are owed a tax refund, and asks you to click on a link or to give information such as your name, credit card or bank details, it is a scam.

After you’ve applied

Once HMRC has received your claim and you are eligible for the grant, we will contact you to tell you how much you will get and the payment details.

If you claim tax credits you’ll need to include the grant in your claim as income.

Other help you can get

The government is also providing the following additional help for the self-employed:

deferral of Self Assessment income tax payments due in July 2020 and VAT payments due from 20 March 2020 until 30 June 2020grants for businesses that pay little or no business ratesincreased amounts of Universal CreditBusiness Interruption Loan Scheme

If you’re a director of your own company and paid through PAYE you may be able to get support using the Job Retention Scheme.

Published 26 March 2020

Contents

Comfortably Numb!

Soupy

« Reply #63 on: April 03, 2020, 10:32:21 am »
I noticed the bit about being 'adversely affected' too.

I know he's a journalist and not a government representative but I saw this on Martin Lewis moneysavingexpert

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2020/03/coronavirus-self-employed-and-employment-help/
''Unlike the employee scheme, here you CAN keep working. You also do not need to prove coronavirus impact - all who qualify get it.''

If I did have to prove it I would say ''one customer said ''leave it this time because of coronavirus '', can I have my 80% now please?'

I've stopped earning money. I guess that qualifies as "impact".

No you decided to stop earning money even though the government said it was ok for you to do so, I wonder is this the real reason behind some of the bile on here, when it comes to claiming the fact that many shiners where able to continue on as normal might go against those who didn't want to.

Try not to worry about it dry.
A fully paid up  memeber of the blue pill community

Missing Link

« Reply #64 on: April 03, 2020, 10:32:41 am »
He was wrong. He said that you could only claim if...…..

Claiming otherwise would be breaking the law.

It's like me saying you can only have sex with someone if they give you consent.

And you say I'm wrong because you can ignore the 'if' part. ;D

G Griffin

« Reply #65 on: April 03, 2020, 10:33:27 am »
I noticed the bit about being 'adversely affected' too.

I know he's a journalist and not a government representative but I saw this on Martin Lewis moneysavingexpert

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2020/03/coronavirus-self-employed-and-employment-help/
''Unlike the employee scheme, here you CAN keep working. You also do not need to prove coronavirus impact - all who qualify get it.''

If I did have to prove it I would say ''one customer said ''leave it this time because of coronavirus '', can I have my 80% now please?'

Yes, no proof needed.  Most businesses have been affected, but you should have been affected.

Imagine I made anti-bac hand gels and sold them on-line.  If I tried to claim that I'd been adversely affected by Covid-19 then I'm sure I'd get an investigation.

So government has used a broad brush to get us this payment, but it's not so broad that EVERY business will get it, because some will have made a killing.
Well, if you're sure...……I knew there'd be an anti-bac hand gel loophole to the broad brush policy.
You do know that an investigation is not the same thing as not being entitled to the grant?
You can get investigated without claiming the grant.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Missing Link

« Reply #66 on: April 03, 2020, 10:34:28 am »
Well, if you're sure...……I knew there'd be an anti-bac hand gel loophole to the broad brush policy.
You do know that an investigation is not the same thing as not being entitled to the grant?

Just admit you were talking bollox and then you wouldn't have to throw dead cats on the table. ;D

G Griffin

« Reply #67 on: April 03, 2020, 10:35:50 am »
You only qualify for the 80% if your business has been ordered to close or has been effected by the virus, mine hasn't been on both counts so ill continue to work, that said I'm no martyr to work so if somebody was to give me £2500k a month to sit on my backside I would have no problem staying at home with the rest of you workshy.

This is the win win situation we find ourselves in. Somebody is going to give us up to £2500 a month to sit on our backsides.

So does that mean you'll now have no problem staying at home with rest of the workshy?

Personally, if/when I work I'll be viewing the up to £2500 as free cash.
You might as well because you're going to pay it back anyway.
Rishi said.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Soupy

A fully paid up  memeber of the blue pill community

G Griffin

« Reply #69 on: April 03, 2020, 10:41:15 am »

Just admit you were talking bollox and then you wouldn't have to throw dead cats on the table. ;D
No, I'm not.
Tax investigations happened before the grant and they will happen after the grant.
I'm just trying to allay more of your fears.
No one can honestly say that their business hasn't been adversely affected by the virus. Yet. We're two weeks in, for Klopp's sake.
Even if that was a prerequisite of the grant. Which it's not.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Missing Link

« Reply #70 on: April 03, 2020, 10:43:24 am »
No one can honestly say that their business hasn't been adversely affected by the virus.

Aye they can.  Delivery drivers, truck drivers, anti bac gel manufacturers, bog roll manufacturers, and judging by some of the posts on the forum, whoever makes Toilet Duck.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #71 on: April 03, 2020, 10:47:36 am »

No, I'm not.
Tax investigations happened before the grant and they will happen after the grant.
I'm just trying to allay more of your fears.
No one can honestly say that their business hasn't been adversely affected by the virus. Yet. We're two weeks in, for Klopp's sake.
Even if that was a prerequisite of the grant. Which it's not.

Best advice I can give you Griff is to not stand there knocking when all the lights are out buddy, you can't put a staircase in a bungalow pal.👍 Clearly, there are "issues" here.
Comfortably Numb!

Jonny 87

« Reply #72 on: April 03, 2020, 10:48:22 am »
I’m still working because I feel I can do so safely, and the government/Experts are encouraging me to do so.

I also feel that we won’t be eligible for the 80% scheme and id rather not be a burden on the government having to accept a hand out.

Let me know when the first window cleaner receives contact from HMRC saying they are eligible. I will be happy if that ever happens but I also won’t hold my breath.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #73 on: April 03, 2020, 10:51:23 am »
I’m still working because I feel I can do so safely, and the government/Experts are encouraging me to do so.

I also feel that we won’t be eligible for the 80% scheme and id rather not be a burden on the government having to accept a hand out.

Let me know when the first window cleaner receives contact from HMRC saying they are eligible. I will be happy if that ever happens but I also won’t hold my breath.

So you believe the Government on one hand and not on the other?
Comfortably Numb!

Dry Clean

« Reply #74 on: April 03, 2020, 10:54:47 am »
Dry Clean,

Whether you decide to work or not you will still get the grant if you are self employed. According to MSE you won't have to prove anything.
I cut this from the MSE website.

You can't get statutory sick pay if you're self-employed. But if you have to take time off work because you're sick or self-isolating – or if you've lost all your income due to coronavirus – you might be entitled to claim benefits. Plus further help has been announced in the form of the new Self Employed Income Support Scheme (SEISS)…

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #75 on: April 03, 2020, 10:56:32 am »
Dry Clean,

Whether you decide to work or not you will still get the grant if you are self employed. According to MSE you won't have to prove anything.

You can't get statutory sick pay if you're self-employed. But if you have to take time off work because you're sick or self-isolating – or if you've lost all your income due to coronavirus – you might be entitled to claim benefits. Plus further help has been announced in the form of the new Self Employed Income Support Scheme (SEISS)…

What has that got to do with the grant?
Comfortably Numb!

Stoots

« Reply #76 on: April 03, 2020, 11:00:36 am »
Not trying to start any arguments. What is the reason you’re working? Is it because money is tight, bored, you need routine, fear of losing your customers,  fear of not getting the 80%, you haven’t declared much profit?

Surely if someone offered you 80% of your net profit to stay at home and chill you’d do it, right?

Ltd company, not guaranteed any income if we are locked down fully although I am hopeful I may be able to furlough, it's not yet clear.

Yes if I was offered 80% now of my real take home pay  (salary and dividend) I would pack it in today.

deeege

« Reply #77 on: April 03, 2020, 11:00:47 am »

Exactly this for me also. I can’t help but think there will be a sting in the tail further down the line for the self employed expecting this 80%, especially those still working. It’s just seems too good to be true doesn’t it?

I’ll be getting a big fat zero in financial help anyway so I’ll carry on doing what I can to make ends meet in as safe an environment as I possibly can.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Dry Clean

« Reply #78 on: April 03, 2020, 11:01:41 am »
Dry Clean,

What has that got to do with the grant?
The list of qualifying reasons are there to see.

Dry Clean

« Reply #79 on: April 03, 2020, 11:04:47 am »

So you believe the Government on one hand and not on the other?

You believe everything your told or nothing?
Exactly, everything he knows about this virus has come through government channels.