Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Stephen burton

Roof moss killer
« on: February 12, 2020, 05:08:24 pm »
Anyone got a link or name for some decent moss remover/killer for some soft washing on roofs? Cheers

TomCrowther

Re: Roof moss killer
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2020, 06:33:05 am »
Algoclear Pro

Smudger

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2020, 08:56:38 am »
I find these the best thing.....

Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Ooooooog

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2020, 11:10:31 am »
I find these the best thing.....

Do you guys clean from a mewp?

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2020, 02:31:01 pm »
yes - 95 percent of our jobs

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Smudger

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2020, 02:35:14 pm »
Or moss on the ground....

Mike Halliday

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2020, 06:49:24 pm »
Moss killers does what it says....kills moss .............I’m looking for ‘moss disappearing solution’ anyone recommend one?

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Smudger

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2020, 08:21:58 pm »
Yep,

after wasting your time spraying that expensive carp about and waiting 3 months 
pop into the local hardware shop and buy  shovel and black bags  ;D

jo5hm4n

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2020, 09:32:34 pm »
Darren, how much do you make roof cleaning compared to window cleaning as say a day rate?  Been thinking about roof cleaning as an addon but not sure if i can be arsed if they money isnt worth it.  I was going to do the usual moss removal then try the softwashing approach.  I hear very good things about softwashing, but from what you are saying, its best to pressure wash the roof clean for instant results?  Dont you have problems water leaking through tiles, or im guessing if you have the correct technique then thats not a problem?  Would love to know more about roof cleaning jobs, keep thinking about it every now and then.

Smudger

Re: Roof moss killer New
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2020, 11:42:09 pm »
for me its pressure washing - but your correct you need the correct technique - which in essence is working above the roof downwards - as yet water ingress has not been an issue in over 150 + properties

Softwashing, like everything has its place - if its a clay roof and algae only then you don't need to pressure wash - but so far thats been a rare occurrence

worth it - hell yes

the job pictured had a full length extension on the back (single storey)  we started at 9 am and the whole thing done by 3 pm
today we cleaned the algae off the walls and loads of ivy remains (front and gable end) 9 am to 2pm

after machine hire and allowing a bit for travelling ( 4 hrs in total ). and VAT it works out three figures per man per hour