Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

harleyman

Soft wash or jet wash
« on: December 14, 2019, 08:01:57 am »
Well I've been asked by a customer if I would jet wash her drve it block pairing .pretty stretch forward  job.how ever theirs a twist.when I agreed she said she wanted me to scrat the moss and weeds  out😠so I thought of  Soft washing hopeing that would save me scratting weeds e t c.I've never done soft washing before. Any advice apart from give it a wide birth.

simon w

Re: Soft wash or jet wash
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2019, 11:11:57 am »
Do you own a pressure washer?

David Beecroft

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2019, 12:54:43 pm »
I’ve just done my back yard with hypo. Brilliant! Brought it up great, pressure washing in the past just created more work. Soft washing has killed all the weeds as well. Just be sure to leave it on as long as possible, scrub it. Rinse off. Be careful no one walks it into the house as hypo (bleach) will stain the carpets etc. 
Hope that helps.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2019, 01:23:52 pm »
Softwashing does not remove weeds, a turbo lance connected to a pressure washer does that.

Soft washing with quats will kill the moss but the drive will be still full of dead moss it won’t disappear, over the coming months it might rot away.

Hypo will make it look cleaner but not remove weeds and moss

If the customer wants a clean weed free drive then it need pressure washing
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

nathankaye

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2019, 10:52:57 pm »
Softwashing does not remove weeds, a turbo lance connected to a pressure washer does that.

Soft washing with quats will kill the moss but the drive will be still full of dead moss it won’t disappear, over the coming months it might rot away.

Hypo will make it look cleaner but not remove weeds and moss

If the customer wants a clean weed free drive then it need pressure washing

This,
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Slacky

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2019, 11:16:28 pm »
If you havent gt the slightest clue leave it alone.

David Beecroft

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2019, 06:23:16 am »
Well Mr experts, I had a persistent problem with weeds. Did all the usual stuff, weedol,  gas burner etc but since I’ve softwashed the slabs it’s gone, moss and everything. Back yard hasn’t looked this good in a long time.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2019, 09:13:07 am »
Well Mr experts, I had a persistent problem with weeds. Did all the usual stuff, weedol,  gas burner etc but since I’ve softwashed the slabs it’s gone, moss and everything. Back yard hasn’t looked this good in a long time.

What chemical did you ‘softwash’ it with?  did you get the result overnight? Or was it a gradual clean.

In the summer I tested a quat based chemical on part of my roof and it made no difference at all it was crap, I was very disappointed  :-[ :-[ .

At the moment I’m sat in a Costa drinking a fat free, almond milk decaf skinny wet latté but when I get home I will take a photo of it 6months later

Mike Halliday

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2019, 11:52:03 am »
This is 6months later after applying a biocide.

dd

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2019, 09:05:08 pm »
This is 6months later after applying a biocide.

Amazing what you get 6 months after applying biocide to a latte. Perhaps it was the almond milk.