This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

cleaniac

Re: Swamped with Window cleaners
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2019, 09:53:00 am »
Lee Its probably more like half of households would have a window cleaner at some point , but only half of those actually turn out to be half decent customers.  ;D

Perfect Windows

« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2019, 11:04:01 am »
Part of the perceived problem is that in the past you saw a car with ladders on the roof going the other way down the road.

If they were working, you might miss their ladder unless they were cleaning front upstairs when you passed.

Now in both cases you see a chunky signwritten van.

Vin

High-Tower

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2019, 11:21:06 am »
Part of the perceived problem is that in the past you saw a car with ladders on the roof going the other way down the road.

If they were working, you might miss their ladder unless they were cleaning front upstairs when you passed.

Now in both cases you see a chunky signwritten van.

Vin

Scrims drying on the dash always gives it away.

Dry Clean

« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2019, 11:31:12 am »
I certainly wouldn't want to start from scratch again, my area was always saturated but it was mainly with glass only cleaners which meant I was able to take advantage of that by offering a glass, frame and sill clean, problem is they have now all upped their game so that advantage has gone.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2019, 11:45:56 am »
I remember a day last year when I was on a day off when three seperate people knocked on my door during the day offering a wc service.

And over the last 12 months not seen or heard them since.   Probably gave up after they realised they cant build a round in 7 days  ;D

Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

AuRavelling79

« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2019, 09:18:00 pm »
Very true that a lot wouldnt have a window cleaner.

I doubt that only a quarter do though. Ive done enough door knocking over the years to know that. I would flip that figure round and feel that a quarter dont. Of course thats just guess work. even so I doubt there are even 1500 in my area.

Mind you maybe it's like when a JW calls at your door and you say "I've got my own religion. to get rid of them. When you aren't really religious at all.  ;D

It's a game of three halves!