This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

harleyman

Swamped with Window cleaners
« on: March 12, 2019, 08:24:01 pm »
In all the years I've been a window cleaner  I've never  seen so many cleaners  it must be  the w fp  that makes the  job so  acsessable to any one  even if you take in to acount the failure  of some  it's  even harder to get a compact round  I've  encounters  animosity from a few 
Agresive cleaners  and a few  phone  calls  telling me in no unserten terms get of my patch. Any one else  found the same

jonboywalton75

Re: Swamped with Window cleaners
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2019, 08:30:25 pm »
In all the years I've been a window cleaner  I've never  seen so many cleaners  it must be  the w fp  that makes the  job so  acsessable to any one  even if you take in to acount the failure  of some  it's  even harder to get a compact round  I've  encounters  animosity from a few 
Agresive cleaners  and a few  phone  calls  telling me in no unserten terms get of my patch. Any one else  found the same

Yes I'm getting the same
Swamped and have been threatened recently, lad said he would burn my van if I carried on working in 'HIS' area😅😅😅
I just smirked at him, turned my back and carried on cleaning 3 houses in 'his' street.

Smudger

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 08:31:45 pm »
Yes - I’ve seen a few more about TBH it’s never worried me,

Had a few disappear as been picking up work,   Leaflets working well also with approx 15 per 500 dropped
( sorry no lee Pryor 100k drop from me )

And defo no nasty, nasty stuff

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Llaaww

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2019, 08:34:08 pm »
It is an old chestnut. If you look back through the posts you will see it time and time again. People have been bitching about it for years. The bottom line is that there is plenty of work out there if you want it.you just need to crack on.
if it is dirty it is fair game

nathankaye

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2019, 08:57:50 pm »
It is an old chestnut. If you look back through the posts you will see it time and time again. People have been bitching about it for years. The bottom line is that there is plenty of work out there if you want it.you just need to crack on.

True, over the years Ive had ones try it on, mostly its been groups.
However, over the years working on ladders has often put people off.  Simply get rid of the ladders and then anybody can be a window cleaner.  Im noticing more vans and reach it signs driving past me more frequently now and my customers tell me that they are seeing alot of people use the hosepipe n pole method 😂😂 now!
Yet that doesnt mean they will stick around, so im not overly concerned.
Yet that could be because that might be me soon if we do decide to up sticks n move 😂
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Phil J

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2019, 09:48:37 pm »
There are lots of new starters out there. Many of them disappear after a year or two. I can't keep up with demand at the moment. Turn up with a smile on your face, be punctual, professional do a great job, for a reasonable price and the work will come in.

Smudger

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2019, 10:54:12 pm »

True, over the years Ive had ones try it on, mostly its been groups.
However, over the years working on ladders has often put people off.  Simply get rid of the ladders and then anybody can be a window cleaner.  Im noticing more vans and reach it signs driving past me more frequently now and my customers tell me that they are seeing alot of people use the hosepipe n pole method 😂😂 now!
Yet that doesnt mean they will stick around, so im not overly concerned.
Yet that could be because that might be me soon if we do decide to up sticks n move 😂

Do tend to notice them while it’s raining  ;)

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

harleyman

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2019, 07:08:20 am »
I can't fathom how they get the work must buy  crap work  or  have canvassers  leads to same crap .when I've lost a couple I've been canvassing for days  and got  nothing. They must  have a magic  brush

Shrek

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2019, 08:03:48 am »
I can't fathom how they get the work must buy  crap work  or  have canvassers  leads to same crap .when I've lost a couple I've been canvassing for days  and got  nothing. They must  have a magic  brush

Maybe they’re buying ‘potential ‘ customers that some window cleaner has dumped and now selling on their details like the guy in the rounds wanted/for sale section!

nathankaye

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2019, 08:36:17 am »
If the price is right! People will bite!

Ive seen guys go around in track suits, tucked into socks. Carrying bin bags full of scrims, no pouches or BOABs etc  and the typical shady looking type of character.  (Not particularly saying cant work in trackies, just trying to convey the image these ones give).
Yet they move from house to house cleaning windows.

(Yes we all have to start from somewhere b4 people start moaning, but to get the basic set up stuff isnt breaking the bank)
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2019, 08:50:51 am »

Yes I'm getting the same
Swamped and have been threatened recently, lad said he would burn my van if I carried on working in 'HIS' area😅😅😅
I just smirked at him, turned my back and carried on cleaning 3 houses in 'his' street.

next time i WILL torch your van! >:(

;D
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2019, 08:55:41 am »

last time a guy threatened me over the phone was over 20 years ago.....when i did bump into him while working he ran off,got in his car and ive never seen him since! ;) ;D

not many people stick at window cleaning and go on and make a half decent living out of it so i wouldnt worry...just concentrate on your own work and business and make it the best you can.......
price higher/work harder!

nathankaye

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2019, 09:54:05 am »
Or
You could go over and drag him out the van through the window and give him a slap 😂😂
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

jonboywalton75

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2019, 12:00:09 am »

Yes I'm getting the same

next time i WILL torch your van! >:(

;D

I may have to report this threat to the bizzies 😱😱

John Mart

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2019, 05:57:24 am »

last time a guy threatened me over the phone was over 20 years ago.....when i did bump into him while working he ran off,got in his car and ive never seen him since! ;) ;D

not many people stick at window cleaning and go on and make a half decent living out of it so i wouldnt worry...just concentrate on your own work and business and make it the best you can.......
Most WFP guys make it.

zesty

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2019, 07:14:05 am »
I remember years ago when I first started with a family friend, a customer said:

‘window cleaners are like gold dust, you can’t find them anywhere!’

Safe to say, that’s not the case anymore. I see lots of window cleaners about now, it’s never worried me though. Just be the best window cleaner in your area, and you’ll always be ahead of the game 😎

james peters

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2019, 07:34:33 am »
there are loads of new window cleaners about.
however , what I have noticed is that most of them concentrate on guttering , softwash, pressure washing etc.   
I have also noticed a lot of them rely on fb to get their customers.
IMO, FB will bring in lots of messers wanting cheap prices.

It doesn't really bother me , as I concentrate on just window cleaning. regular repeat work month in month out. I only do gutters etc for regular customers, and even then I don't enjoy it                                                     

Lee Pryor

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2019, 07:56:48 am »
I see loads about also.

When I got my first WFP van in 2005 I didnt see another for 12 months. Now I see 3/4 every time I drive anywhere during the day.

However to put it in context we cover an area with 1.8 million homes. How many does the average one man band have? Lets say 300 customers. There would have to be 6000 window cleaners in the area to cover that. I doubt there are 6000 in my area. Not only that everywhere I look theres another huge new build estate going up, and that will continue. 
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2019, 09:05:45 am »
I see loads about also.

When I got my first WFP van in 2005 I didnt see another for 12 months. Now I see 3/4 every time I drive anywhere during the day.

However to put it in context we cover an area with 1.8 million homes. How many does the average one man band have? Lets say 300 customers. There would have to be 6000 window cleaners in the area to cover that. I doubt there are 6000 in my area. Not only that everywhere I look theres another huge new build estate going up, and that will continue.

I'm not sure your maths adds up Lee. That would mean that 6000 window cleaners with 300 customers equals 1.8 million homes. But I would suggest that not all homes have a regular window cleaner - about a quarter do according to a fairly recent straw poll in The Daily Wail. (30th March 2016)

So that would make it 1500 cleaners at 300.

It's a game of three halves!

Lee Pryor

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2019, 09:10:44 am »
Very true that a lot wouldnt have a window cleaner.

I doubt that only a quarter do though. Ive done enough door knocking over the years to know that. I would flip that figure round and feel that a quarter dont. Of course thats just guess work. even so I doubt there are even 1500 in my area.
The best way to predict the future is to create it.