Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

cleaniac

Dear customer due to the....
« on: March 12, 2019, 12:36:30 pm »
poor weather your window clean has been rescheduled for tomorrow, Wednesday the 13th March. Best Wishes...Marc

Just sent this out today, going to do an internal window clean this afternoon that was booked in tomorrow and swap over the work. Just having a bacon bagel, and preparing my scrims for this afternoons internal job..

some of the replies....

"Thanks...we did wonder  ;D"

"Thanks, I believe strong tea and a warm sofa are necessary at these times of hardship!  :D"

"Ok Marc, last thing i want is you blown up on the roof- see you tomorrow!  :-*

Slacky

Re: Dear customer due to the....
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2019, 12:59:32 pm »
I haven't had to text any.

John Mart

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 01:33:34 pm »
My chaps are out.  ;D

KS Cleaning

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2019, 03:53:07 pm »
My chaps are out.  ;D
What a cowboy!

Crystal-clear

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2019, 04:21:30 pm »
My chaps are out.  ;D

Haha poor bugers.only way to run a stable business and the rain doesn't affect the cleaning process

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2019, 07:07:03 pm »
poor weather your window clean has been rescheduled for tomorrow, Wednesday the 13th March. Best Wishes...Marc

Just sent this out today, going to do an internal window clean this afternoon that was booked in tomorrow and swap over the work. Just having a bacon bagel, and preparing my scrims for this afternoons internal job..

some of the replies....

"Thanks, I believe strong tea and a warm sofa are necessary at these times of hardship!  :D"

this is precisely why i NEVER offer a next clean date on "windows cleaned today" slips........ ;D
price higher/work harder!

P @ F

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2019, 07:20:50 pm »
Marc I really do believe that you make the job more stressful than it needs to be  ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

John Mart

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2019, 07:57:23 pm »
My chaps are out.  ;D
What a cowboy!
Car washes are still open. There’s dirt to be shifted!

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2019, 08:05:24 pm »
My chaps are out.  ;D
What a cowboy!

i always say...."when the postmen stop working due to bad weather then so will i!"(they never do!) ;D
price higher/work harder!

nathankaye

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2019, 08:12:29 pm »
I texted all my customers this morning whilst it was raining asking for gates to be opened b4 they leave for work. They got sent at 7.30am. I normally send them at tea time the night before.
Anyway, Guess what?  All the gates were opened and work went on as normal.
Though I am gratefull that by mid morning ish, the weather improved.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

John Mart

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2019, 08:16:19 pm »
I texted all my customers this morning whilst it was raining asking for gates to be opened b4 they leave for work. They got sent at 7.30am. I normally send them at tea time the night before.
Anyway, Guess what?  All the gates were opened and work went on as normal.
Though I am gratefull that by mid morning ish, the weather improved.
The foul weather hit here in the afternoon. Horrendous rain and 3c. It was one of those days that I said in all honesty to one of my team that if I worked alone I’d have sacked it off.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2019, 10:28:13 pm »
My chaps are out.  ;D
What a cowboy!
That went way over your head didn’t it! You said “ my chaps are out “...... chaps = what cowboys wear😉

John Mart

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2019, 06:21:35 am »
My chaps are out.  ;D
What a cowboy!
That went way over your head didn’t it! You said “ my chaps are out “...... chaps = what cowboys wear😉
Oh it did. Sorry.

deeege

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2019, 09:09:45 am »

some of the replies....

If you rescheduled Tuesdays work for Wednesday, when will you do Wednesdays work? And so on and so on. Sounds like a right mess to sort out to me.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

cleaniac

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2019, 09:34:17 am »

some of the replies....

If you rescheduled Tuesdays work for Wednesday, when will you do Wednesdays work? And so on and so on. Sounds like a right mess to sort out to me.

Just sent this out today, going to do an internal window clean this afternoon that was booked in tomorrow and swap over the work

Erm....did you read my post?

Its very easy to understand.

And its easier to text customers when there is a problem, than texting them every evening the day before that im coming to clean like most of you.

NWH

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2019, 10:54:42 am »
I never work in the pouring rain unless it’s a wash down or gutters,depends what they are paying if they are small jobs then fair enough but I wouldn’t want to upset or make it look like I’m taking the pee out of em when it’s lashing down,you can say it makes no difference all you like if it’s there opinion you are taking the pee then that’s all that matters they are paying.
I say to them I work if it’s drizzling but I say won’t turn up in the rain if it’s stairods,you have to use you’re loaf when they are paying good money.

jonboywalton75

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2019, 11:20:48 am »

some of the replies....

Just sent this out today, going to do an internal window clean this afternoon that was booked in tomorrow and swap over the work

Erm....did you read my post?

Its very easy to understand.

And its easier to text customers when there is a problem, than texting them every evening the day before that im coming to clean like most of you.

Is there any other reason than access issues to text in advance?
Not for me

cleaniac

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2019, 11:22:31 am »
Just for your info..it was high winds and sideways water washes yesterday.

jonboywalton75

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2019, 11:24:20 am »
I never work in the pouring rain unless it’s a wash down or gutters,depends what they are paying if they are small jobs then fair enough but I wouldn’t want to upset or make it look like I’m taking the pee out of em when it’s lashing down,you can say it makes no difference all you like if it’s there opinion you are taking the pee then that’s all that matters they are paying.
I say to them I work if it’s drizzling but I say won’t turn up in the rain if it’s stairods,you have to use you’re loaf when they are paying good money.

I agree, my customers pay from £7 to £90 to have their house cleaned, wouldn't want to clean in driving rain for my million pound houses to have dirty windows the following day, I'd soon lose custom that way
If they are £5 council houses that's a different kettle of fish

nathankaye

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2019, 12:00:36 pm »

I agree, my customers pay from £7 to £90 to have their house cleaned, wouldn't want to clean in driving rain for my million pound houses to have dirty windows the following day, I'd soon lose custom that way
If they are £5 council houses that's a different kettle of fish

So you fall into the category of pleasing socially well to do people and bow to their wims.
Obviously use common sense with what rain you are prepared to work in. However to ME, i wouldnt treat the well off any different to the poorer. They are only Human.  If my service is good enough for one then its good enough for the next person and the same reason I work in the rain applies to them all.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk