Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

Re: Storm Gareth
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2019, 04:19:40 pm »
Looking on Facebook and it seems like everyone is having days off lol

I've worked all week, some heavy rain some heavy wind and I will battle on tomorrow and Friday as well.

I used to be like that but you just can't run a regular reliable business or earn any decent money by having a day or week off everytime bad weather is forecast.

I've had 2 customers wanting to skip so far this week  due to weather ...that's fine, few less to do then great. Of anyone else want to skip then I understand and it's no problem, if I do 95% of my normal workload this week it will have been a great week considering the weather.

Ok so you risk a few complaints, but id rather have 2-3 complaints and work all week than do nothing and have none. (Not had any yet btw)

What I've learned is to rather than be scared of what a custy might think or what the bad weather might do to the glass simply get loads of work, keep it coming in and keep churning through it, if anyone wants to cancel or has a problem that you clean in all weathers dump and onto the next.

ive had this attitude for many years now adam and it works......as long as i hit between £800-£1200 per week im happy......itll probably be around £950 by friday afternoon.....not bad for a crappy weather week....

years ago id struggle and sack a few days off(i wouldnt work in this strong wind trad!)and be lucky to have earnt £250-£300 for the whole week.....and half of that would go on drinking down the pub! ::)roll ;D....not a good way to live(or run a business!)...
price higher/work harder!

jonboywalton75

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2019, 04:27:34 pm »
Don't be saying stuff like that Daz, everyone will want to be a window cleaner the way you're blabbering
Let's keep it a secret 😊

dazmond

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2019, 06:19:39 pm »
Don't be saying stuff like that Daz, everyone will want to be a window cleaner the way you're blabbering
Let's keep it a secret 😊
theyll get a shock when their running around for peanuts then.....it takes years to build up a good round as you know yourself....its not easy money from day one......
price higher/work harder!

aztec

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2019, 06:24:19 pm »
insides of car showrooms for us in any wet or windy weather

jonboywalton75

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2019, 06:29:44 pm »
Let's keep it a secret 😊
theyll get a shock when their running around for peanuts then.....it takes years to build up a good round as you know yourself....its not easy money from day one......

You're right as usual Daz
Loads of startups in my area at the mo, see whether they're still around this time next year.
My bin cleaner was looking at getting into window cleaning for a while, he bought a round recently, a bad one with terrible prices, he spotted my son out working this week and offered it to him, which he politely refused.

G Griffin

« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2019, 07:08:19 pm »
Because of Gareth gates blowing shut have been a problem for me.
Not all but especially facing south gates. I decided to bale out and go home alone.
You can't call a storm Gareth  :(.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

CleanClear

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2019, 09:59:07 pm »
Let's keep it a secret 😊

It is if you don't spend half of it in the pub  like you did ? You can literally double your income based on what you said by not spending half your cash in the pub..............................
*Status*--------Currently Online---------