This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Tristan R Clean

UPVC Frame clean
« on: September 28, 2018, 07:51:33 pm »
I have been asked by one of my commercial clients to give a price for a yearly frame clean.

The frames are UPVC Georgian . They have been recently replaced so are in good condition.
It is a posh gated complex with a management firm contract .

I am just needing info on the experience you guys have had with the most effective cleaner to use. And a rough idea on what you would charge per frame.

Tris

dazmond

Re: UPVC Frame clean
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2018, 12:05:39 am »
dont you clean the frames when your cleaning the glass then?seems a bit odd to just want the frames cleaning?

so its basically a window cleaning job?id just use hot pure water and virosol if its a yearly clean.....job done....

no idea on price id have to look at the job....(at the end of the day we price WHAT WE think is a fair/good price for the job)this will vary depending on the individual/company......
price higher/work harder!

Slacky

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2018, 12:28:26 am »
£15 a window plus ‘inconvenience of removing ladder off van’  tax. This usually works out at an extra £35. So for a property with 10 windows £185.00.

You should easily be able to wangle this by convincing the custard that an annual manual scrub of the frames ensures you stay on the vicars Christmas card list, you can signal to passing yachts from the upstairs bedroom window and all the neighbours figure you’ve just win the national lottery even if you only buy a scratch card once in a blue moon

Jonny 87

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2018, 07:29:59 am »
Is this a job that you regularly clean? If so then the frames should be clean anyway.

Or are they just wanting a yearly clean of the frames?

Seems a bit weird.  ???
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Tristan R Clean

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2018, 02:51:36 pm »
It is a regular window clean. Although I remove cobwebs off the frames , Due to the design of the frames it is not possible to clean the frames thoroughly . All upvc usually get black stains after a while even when cleaned with water fed pole.

I have seen some guys use unger rub off, cif, bicarbonate of soda. Just wanted to hear anyone’s experience.

Tris

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2018, 10:48:30 am »
It is a regular window clean. Although I remove cobwebs off the frames , Due to the design of the frames it is not possible to clean the frames thoroughly . All upvc usually get black stains after a while even when cleaned with water fed pole.

I have seen some guys use unger rub off, cif, bicarbonate of soda. Just wanted to hear anyone’s experience.

Tris

Usually black stains are caused by perished rubber seals.....as these windows are new then I don't see how they can get dirty if your cleaning the frames every visit....
price higher/work harder!