Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jo5hm4n

First Cleans
« on: September 28, 2018, 02:24:56 pm »
If you did say £250 a day for regular maintenance cleaning, how much are you all doing in first cleans in a day?

If i send my employee out to do £100-£130 in 1st cleans is that too much?

Just wondered what most of you do in a day for first cleans.

Shrek

Re: First Cleans
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2018, 02:51:44 pm »
I would hate to do a full day of 1st cleans , they can take 2-3 times longer than normal and are hard work.
I typically fit 1 1st clean in on any given day with regular work

Smudger

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2018, 04:20:16 pm »
Your value in first cleans in a day should be the same as regular cleans per day

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

paul alan

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2018, 04:44:19 pm »
You can't rush a first clean!

They're all different too, just go out with the intention of getting as many done as you can.

John Mart

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2018, 04:57:45 pm »
Your value in first cleans in a day should be the same as regular cleans per day

Darran
In theory, however if you don't go out and quote them it's easier said than done.

deeege

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2018, 05:20:11 pm »
If you did say £250 a day for regular maintenance cleaning, how much are you all doing in first cleans in a day?

If i send my employee out to do £100-£130 in 1st cleans is that too much?

Just wondered what most of you do in a day for first cleans.

Do you not charge more for first cleans? No reason why you’re employee shouldn’t be doing £250 on first clean days if they are priced correctly.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Stoots

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2018, 06:28:33 pm »
About 10 first cleans on run of the mill semis, so about £120 ish.

Half what you would do on a normal day is about right as not only longer to clean them but got to find the house, park the right way, knock the door, maybe a chat etc.

I personally don't charge extra because I want the job. When I've tried to charge double in the past it puts a lot off. I'm actively looking to grow so a first clean is an investment in time that hopefully you get back down the line but as we know it's not always the case. I would charge double if I wasn't arsed whether I got it or not and I will do occasionally if they give the impression of being a messer.

JandS

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2018, 08:53:15 pm »
I charge double to certain ethnic members of the community....otherwise they have a knack of cancelling after first clean or not long after.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

John Mart

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2018, 09:19:52 pm »
I charge double to certain ethnic members of the community....otherwise they have a knack of cancelling after first clean or not long after.
I find that happens a lot regardless of ethnicity. You talk a lot of cr@p on a lot of subjects. You’re to be congratulated.

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2018, 11:55:19 pm »
always charge more for first cleans,even if its only 25% more.....

i charge 25%/50%/100% more depending on how dirty they are and how big the job is......if its a £10 job and the windows are pretty bad then its double price,if its a £40 job with pretty bad windows im more inclined to just add a tenner(25 %)if its a £10 job and the windows are not too bad i might charge another fiver(50%).......
price higher/work harder!

deeege

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2018, 06:50:01 am »
always charge more for first cleans,even if its only 25% more.....

i charge 25%/50%/100% more depending on how dirty they are and how big the job is......if its a £10 job and the windows are pretty bad then its double price,if its a £40 job with pretty bad windows im more inclined to just add a tenner(25 %)if its a £10 job and the windows are not too bad i might charge another fiver(50%).......

Similar here Daz. I have been known to charge x3 on £10 or £12 jobs though if I suspect they are after a one off though.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Smudger

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2018, 04:34:27 pm »

Half what you would do on a normal day is about right as not only longer to clean them but got to find the house, park the right way, knock the door, maybe a chat etc.

I personally don't charge extra because I want the job. When I've tried to charge double in the past it puts a lot off. I'm actively looking to grow so a first clean is an investment in time that hopefully you get back down the line but as we know it's not always the case. I would charge double if I wasn't arsed whether I got it or not and I will do occasionally if they give the impression of being a messer.

It’s about selling your service, if you do it correctly then people have no issues paying extra for the first clean and they defo don’t cancel after having paid that extra either - of course, some won’t but why should I do them the favour of working for LESS and HARDER than I do for regular work

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Stoots

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2018, 05:27:19 pm »

It’s about selling your service, if you do it correctly then people have no issues paying extra for the first clean and they defo don’t cancel after having paid that extra either - of course, some won’t but why should I do them the favour of working for LESS and HARDER than I do for regular work

Darran

Tried charging more and it puts too many off to make it viable for me.

If I could get away with it I would.

Splash & dash

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2018, 06:12:28 pm »
I would hate to do a full day of 1st cleans , they can take 2-3 times longer than normal and are hard work.
I typically fit 1 1st clean in on any given day with regular work

This is why we charge double for first cleans sorts out the messers and you earn the same money as in a regular clean although you do less properties in a day

John Mart

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2018, 09:14:27 pm »
It gets difficult when you don’t go out to quote. There’s too many and they are too far away. Many first cleans are quick which is ok. There are some too think you should be restoring UPVC if you charge more.

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2018, 12:48:56 pm »
hang on we need more info here

your not employing someone to just  do first cleans day in day out unless your spending the money lee proyir is on his mayor push ?

so it my guess is that you are either canvassing or have a company in doing it ? if so then you have a glut of first cleans in for a short time ? 

if this is the case do what we do , forget the money and work on just covering his costs for 5 days  the profit will come once they have bedded down in to your round , getting them right from the off is more important  then doing a half arsed job

we set the guys 7-10 f.c. aday this gives them good time to 1. meet and be nice to the new customer . 2 do a good job !

you can also give them a work sheet thats got normal work on thats close by , as long as theres not any tx aheads  they can drop on to the good suff to bump the money up  if they finish the f.c.  early