This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dazzler3370

Weardale Tanks ??
« on: September 22, 2018, 07:13:47 pm »
Does anyone else have issues with water coming out of the top of their lids from these tanks, if so has anyone solved the issue.

I know I can  put less water in it but that defeats the object....?? 

cheers
Dazzler
Dazzler

alank

Re: Weardale Tanks ??
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2018, 07:29:54 pm »
If the lid is vented you could seal up the vents drill a hole in lid fit hozelock fitting through the hole and attatch hose to this run the hose along van roof on inside so it's a lot higher than tank then use this hose to fill and it acts as a breather pipe when your Pumps draw water from the tank.

Shrek

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2018, 07:44:53 pm »
Does anyone else have issues with water coming out of the top of their lids from these tanks, if so has anyone solved the issue.

cheers
Dazzler

Me too bro - by the time Iv got to my first job, Iv lost about half a tank  :'(

duncan h

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2018, 08:06:54 pm »
I put a bap under lid with a small hole in to breath

alank

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2018, 08:11:21 pm »
Give it a try shreck I only did it because I work from a pickup and the lid is a long way from the tailgate so filling could be a pain so now I push hose connector on and fill from rear of pickup and no spills from the vents you could fit an overflow the same way if you wanted.

Shrek

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2018, 08:44:41 pm »
Give it a try shreck I only did it because I work from a pickup and the lid is a long way from the tailgate so filling could be a pain so now I push hose connector on and fill from rear of pickup and no spills from the vents you could fit an overflow the same way if you wanted.

Think I might try that , cheers alanck 👍

AuRavelling79

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2018, 09:28:57 pm »
I guess you mean Wyedale?

I have always used them and I always ensure there is a rubber ring in place and that the lid is tight. I drill a 6mm hole in the lid and have about a foot of tubing pushed in the hole that goes about 3" inside and 9" outside.

Never have a drop come out. Currently use a 650L layflat but same on 400's (layflat and upright and a 200)
It's a game of three halves!

Dazzler3370

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2018, 10:04:45 pm »
Why have you drilled a hole and why have you put tubing in..??
Dazzler
Dazzler

Spruce

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2018, 10:40:19 pm »
Dazzler

before you do anything drastic, smear a thin coat of petroleum jelly on the rubber seal of the tank lid and tighten it down. See if that makes a difference.

The earlier lids used round rubber gaskets which seemed to work better than the square shaped rubber gaskets they use now.

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2018, 11:06:32 pm »

cheers
Dazzler

Nope...never had a problem with these lids leaking and I've had 2 wyedale tanks over the last 8 years...
price higher/work harder!

PurefectWindowCleaning

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2018, 11:15:10 pm »
'Wydale' lads...cum on, get ur spelling rite.

;D

Spruce

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2018, 07:10:59 am »
'Wydale' lads...cum on, get ur spelling rite.

;D

;D  ;D

Funnily enough I have always spelt Wydale with an E after the Y. You are right; it does have an E. Now I wonder if I will remember how to spell it correctly next time.

With Dazzler's tank leaking maybe he should have spelt it Weirdale tanks.

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

colin bird

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2018, 08:54:40 am »
 I had the same problem,inside of van soaking wet when I got to first job,.
This is what I did took the lid off,put a thick black bin liner over  hole in top of tank also covering thread ,then screwed top back on,three years on no leak

John Mart

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2018, 10:30:03 am »
This is what I did took the lid off,put a thick black bin liner over  hole in top of tank also covering thread ,then screwed top back on,three years on no leak
How do you fill the tank?

nathankaye

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2018, 11:33:59 am »
I simply use a small microfiber cloth and lay it over the hole and then faster the lid down. Just put a small hole in the cloth, central and I've had no problems at all with leakages
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

paul alan

« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2018, 01:48:44 pm »
I smeared mine with plumbers mate, still leaks though. Mainly because the tank has an immersion in it and has lost its true shape.

I am going to silicone the bugger soon, its on my list

AuRavelling79

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2018, 02:34:27 pm »
Dazzler

Because it would be airtight otherwise and the flow would reduce and the tank "suck in" and deform as the water pumped out.
It's a game of three halves!

Slacky

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2018, 03:05:02 pm »
If the lid is vented you could seal up the vents drill a hole in lid fit hozelock fitting through the hole and attatch hose to this run the hose along van roof on inside so it's a lot higher than tank then use this hose to fill and it acts as a breather pipe when your Pumps draw water from the tank.

Thats exactly what I did on my first van mount. Works a treat. I used 1" hose and Geka fittings.

capn sparkle

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2018, 03:28:32 pm »
Wrapped electrical tape around the vent on the underside then stuck a few pinholes in the tape - simplest bodge job

colin bird

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2018, 08:02:44 pm »
How do you fill the tank?
I have a van mounted ro system,there's a pipe coming out of ro into tank so I don't need to remove tank lid,didn't give  it a thought about  guys that fill tank by removing lid