Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Perfect Windows

Re: Changing Tyres
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2018, 07:08:32 pm »
Winter tyres are better in most circumstances when the temperature is below around 10 deg.

I have them on both van and car and they are terrific when it's cold. They cut through surface water better than any summer tyre and tests show stopping distances are far shorter.

They're not just for snow.  However, I will add that if it does snow, they are pretty much phenomenal.

https://www.etyres.co.uk/winter-tyres/braking-distances/

Vin

windowswashed

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2018, 07:31:29 pm »
It's three points on your license for each bald tyre and I think £100 spot fine so advisable before they lose grip.

Go

« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2018, 07:56:59 pm »
We have a vehicle inspection book that is signed by the driver each day.

paul alan

« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2018, 07:25:57 am »
I'm not afraid to admit im a total spaz when it comes to certain things in life, such as vehicle maintenance  ;D ;D ;D

I recently went to my garage and they said my passenger front wheel had low tread but it was still road legal and should last atleast 6 months.  My employee said he didnt think it looked safe and said lately on steep hills the handling doesn't seem as good and therefore he was worried.

I'm simply just trying to provide safety for my employee, but at the same time making sure im maximing use out of wheels.

Maybe i should just change the wheel because we are coming up to winter anyway and if tread is already low, might aswell just get it done.....

I think you answered your own question right there

Slacky

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2018, 07:45:54 am »
Or take it to a tyre supplier and let them pass their verdict. If they will last a little longer then go with that.

Their verdict will be four new tyres.

Rogue Trader

« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2018, 12:16:14 pm »
utter b******s that video , that is a 3 hr job , no way that anyone could do that in a hour , ionics propoganda

Spruce

« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2018, 05:02:23 pm »
utter b******s that video , that is a 3 hr job , no way that anyone could do that in a hour , ionics propoganda

Posted in the wrong thread Rogue Trader
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

SB Cleaning

« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2018, 05:13:18 pm »
its pretty obvious when your tread gets close to the marker(most tyres have these now).....

i actually change mine when the tyre thread is showing and theres bald patches.....
I hope your joking Daz  ???
Not only will it cost you 3 points on license for each tyre and fine, but it could also cost yours or somebody else's life if you have to brake suddenly :o

dazmond

« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2018, 07:45:12 pm »
its pretty obvious when your tread gets close to the marker(most tyres have these now).....

i actually change mine when the tyre thread is showing and theres bald patches.....
I hope your joking Daz  ???
Not only will it cost you 3 points on license for each tyre and fine, but it could also cost yours or somebody else's life if you have to brake suddenly :o

im joking! ;D

in fact i normally change mine well before their worn out......
price higher/work harder!

alank

« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2018, 08:19:57 am »
Same here I like good tyres all round I've just put two new all terrains on the back of the pickup  ;D also I always buy new not part worn or remoulds good tyres are important so don't scrimp  ;D

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2018, 09:08:25 pm »
And when you check your tyres make sure you're checking oil and coolant levels regularly too.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

dazmond

« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2018, 04:28:18 pm »
I think some window cleaners should go on mastermind, subject "the bleedin obvious"im sure one of them could win it!!! ;D

Stoots

« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2018, 11:10:42 pm »
I always buy part worns about 20 quid a go

And wear them right to the limit.

nathankaye

« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2018, 11:28:00 am »
I think some window cleaners should go on mastermind, subject "the bleedin obvious"im sure one of them could win it!!! ;D

Nah, more like" who wants to be a millionaire" so they can " phone a friend"
😂 😂
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2018, 12:08:03 pm »

Says the guy who blew his engine because the the oil had not been maintained  ;D ;D
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

dazmond

« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2018, 05:53:05 pm »

Says the guy who blew his engine because the the oil had not been maintained  ;D ;D

it was nothing to do with the oil level mate......plenty of oil showing on the dipstick when the oil light came on....it was the oil pump! ;D ;D....in fact i had another van years ago and the oil light came on one day and it was a faulty light....so i thought the same....2 mins later it seized my engine!lesson learned.... ;D

EandM

« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2018, 12:01:32 am »

it was nothing to do with the oil level mate......plenty of oil showing on the dipstick when the oil light came on....it was the oil pump! ;D ;D....in fact i had another van years ago and the oil light came on one day and it was a faulty light....so i thought the same....2 mins later it seized my engine!lesson learned.... ;D

It wasn't a 2.2 diesel Ford engine was it ?