Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

SB Cleaning

George systems
« on: September 18, 2018, 07:20:56 am »
Is he even bothering with his customers anymore?

My pc crashed Saturday night and I still haven't received my back up!

Emailed Saturday night had a reply yesterday afternoon saying sorry don't recognize your details...I've been a customer for 8 years!!

Any one else having trouble?? as at the moment I have no details of my round!!

Spruce

Re: George systems
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 08:00:27 am »

Emailed Saturday night had a reply yesterday afternoon saying sorry don't recognize your details...I've been a customer for 8 years!!

I haven't needed to contact them for a while now but always had a prompt reply in the days when I did. Have you been paying your annual subscription for backup?

I don't use that facility but  backup George to a usb stick from time to time.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

SB Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 08:45:24 am »

I haven't needed to contact them for a while now but always had a prompt reply in the days when I did. Have you been paying your annual subscription for backup?

yep always pay the £12 every year...did a back up last Friday...have to say very disappointed with the customer service.

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 08:52:06 am »

Agree.
Back up to a stick, costs a couple of quid and seconds. Not hard to do each day. I wouldn't want to be in the position of having to email someone and then hope / wait for them to reply to get all my customer details back.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2018, 08:54:20 am »

Agree.
Back up to a sick, costs a couple of quid and seconds. Not hard to do each day. I wouldn't want to be in the position of having to email someone and then hope / wait for them to reply to get all my customer details back.
I know this but when your paying a yearly subscription you shouldn't have too!!

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2018, 10:20:00 am »

Agree.
Back up to a sick, costs a couple of quid and seconds. Not hard to do each day. I wouldn't want to be in the position of having to email someone and then hope / wait for them to reply to get all my customer details back.
I was in the same position as you years ago. He did reply within maybe 24hrs. I still use George but never renewed the £12 backup subscription since. Tbh there is just no need for it because of usb backups. With so many other software options out there ( according to here ) I imagine George has lost its share of the market and its a bit of a sideline to his income. He's not sat at his desk responding to emails instantly at all hours, hence post.  Now you are in that position is the £12 worth it ?I was just trying to be helpful thats all   ;). Hope you can get it sorted soon, can you work from the previous back up with a reboot or lost it all ?  ;)

Simon Trapani

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2018, 10:25:51 am »
Unless, god forbid, your house burns down or you get burgled, your usb stick corrupts etc etc.  Cloud backup is a good backup backup. Double safe.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2018, 10:31:49 am »

Agree.
I was in the same position as you years ago. He did reply within maybe 24hrs. I still use George but never renewed the £12 backup subscription since. Tbh there is just no need for it because of usb backups. With so many other software options out there ( according to here ) I imagine George has lost its share of the market and its a bit of a sideline to his income. He's not sat at his desk responding to emails instantly at all hours, hence post.  Now you are in that position is the £12 worth it ?I was just trying to be helpful thats all   ;). Hope you can get it sorted soon, can you work from the previous back up with a reboot or lost it all ?  ;)
it's all lost mate...

He replied yesterday saying he didn't recognize my company name or email..I responded quickly telling him my name and address which he asked for and haven't heard anything since which is nearly 24hrs!

Simon Trapani

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2018, 10:36:27 am »
Ouch!
Did you actually wipe your hard drive & reinstall windows? If not it may still be on the drive somewhere. Hope you get it sorted.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2018, 10:45:07 am »
Ouch!
Did you actually wipe your hard drive & reinstall windows? If not it may still be on the drive somewhere. Hope you get it sorted.
factory reset..not sure if it will be on there!

SB Cleaning

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2018, 11:23:16 am »
PHEW!!!

Paul's just emailed with my back up...all sorted  :)

I think it's learnt me a lessen to back up to a usb stick though as well as internet.

windowswashed

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2018, 11:24:06 am »
Try using data fix first. If you have data restore you could wipe George off your pc and download a fresh trial version, then add a restored version  saved on data restore back ups

windowswashed

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2018, 11:25:02 am »
Use twousb sticks to back up on as even usb sticks fail at some point

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2018, 03:12:31 pm »
I've a cheap windows tablet I keep in van with me. I back up the days work to a stick on to my desktop each evening and then the same for the tablet each morning. 3  points of back up . I'd have to lose/break the stick or have my van nicked or tablet crash and my house burn down all at the same time. Even I can't be that unlucky  :-X

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2018, 04:05:46 pm »
Just set up your own auto back up and divert the back up to your one drive cloud.

Easy and safe and always available to you on any device when needed.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

AuRavelling79

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2018, 04:21:41 pm »
I've a cheap windows tablet I keep in van with me. I back up the days work to a stick on to my desktop each evening and then the same for the tablet each morning. 3  points of back up . I'd have to lose/break the stick or have my van nicked or tablet crash and my house burn down all at the same time. Even I can't be that unlucky  :-X

Is that a fire engine I hear? A police car even?
It's a game of three halves!

pikeman

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2018, 08:37:56 am »
Had George a few years now on an old laptop. Worried the laptop might pack in can I by a new laptop and just put George on it from a usb stick so I have it on both laptops

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2018, 08:44:01 am »
Had George a few years now on an old laptop. Worried the laptop might pack in can I by a new laptop and just put George on it from a usb stick so I have it on both laptops

Yes you will be fine. Just not on a mac though
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Stoots

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2018, 11:45:48 am »
Always backup to at least 2-3 places.

Mine is backup up to computer, USB and two lots of cloud storage.

I couldn't imagine losing all that data, nightmare.

Spruce

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2018, 03:31:10 pm »
Always backup to at least 2-3 places.

Mine is backup up to computer, USB and two lots of cloud storage.

I couldn't imagine losing all that data, nightmare.

Every week Email a copy to yourself.  A copy of your attachment will also remain on your email providers's server.

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)