Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

stevieg

Importing Chinese poles?
« on: September 17, 2018, 04:30:03 pm »
Hi, I have recently been visiting the idea of doing the above, and have been reading past posts. The question is now that a few years have passed how have these same people got on with them, If positively is the process simple?

Thanks. Steve.

Spruce

Re: Importing Chinese poles?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2018, 05:11:18 pm »
Hi, I have recently been visiting the idea of doing the above, and have been reading past posts. The question is now that a few years have passed how have these same people got on with them, If positively is the process simple?

Thanks. Steve.

Go for it and let us know how you get on.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

bobplum

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2018, 05:58:52 pm »
Some have done it, not big orders either, one or two poles, you may be best asking on the facebook pages

dd

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2018, 06:56:12 pm »
I find gardiner poles reasonably priced and mine last a good few years (slx). As far as overheads go the cost of a pole is a very small  amount when spread over the several years of its life.

Not sure why someone would want to bother importing a pole from China.

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2018, 10:47:14 pm »
I find gardiner poles reasonably priced and mine last a good few years (slx). As far as overheads go the cost of a pole is a very small  amount when spread over the several years of its life.

i think its of more interest to window cleaners that are after  high level poles over 45 foot as these are very expensive compared to your average 25 ft day to day poles.....if you could save yourself £500 then it might be worth a punt on a high mod pole.....
price higher/work harder!

stevieg

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2018, 07:07:03 am »

stevieg

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2018, 07:07:54 am »
Good for you!! However that wasnt the question that I asked!!

Stoots

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2018, 07:16:49 am »
Where would you order from?

I've seen some on alibaba but always a bit concerned about fraud.

Do you have a reputable supplier in mind?

I would order one

stevieg

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2018, 04:56:17 pm »
That is the further information that I would like from someone or if not I will start the process of finding out how it is done.

bobplum

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2018, 09:42:37 pm »
That is the further information that I would like from someone or if not I will start the process of finding out how it is done.

Emma Zhu, CNER

stevieg

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2018, 01:22:24 pm »
Hi Bobplum, that is the one that I have looked at.   1 pole is 99dollars or £75. It seems to me that you can negotiate the price of carriage? am I right, also do i have to pay tax and is the carriage the same cost if i ordered 2 or 3 poles? Have you done it,do you continue to do it and what are the poles like? Anything else you can think of to help would be useful.
Thanks in advance.  Steve.

Richard Stevenson

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2018, 05:18:36 pm »
I find gardiner poles reasonably priced and mine last a good few years (slx). As far as overheads go the cost of a pole is a very small  amount when spread over the several years of its life

TO SAVE MONEY!

dd

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2018, 05:40:49 pm »
I find gardiner poles reasonably priced and mine last a good few years (slx). As far as overheads go the cost of a pole is a very small  amount when spread over the several years of its life

TO SAVE MONEY!
In my experience you are just as likely to waste money trying to save money. Spend £75 importing a pole from China, find out it is cr8p (assuming you actually receive it) and go and buy a Gardiner pole anyway

Stoots

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2018, 06:18:42 pm »
I have just emailed CNER for a price for a 30 foot carbon shipped.

email is sales@cneradvanced.com

i will wait for the reply and update.

stevieg

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2018, 06:57:51 pm »
Gomo,   so have I.

Perfect Windows

« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2018, 07:07:08 pm »
Standard routine seems to be: a few people get excited, a few deride the whole idea, a few don't care. The ones who are excited order them then we never hear another word about the poles.

If they were worth the cash (and effort) I'm sure anyone who bought one would be full of it so I strongly suspect disappointment.

Vin

mufcglen

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2018, 09:52:38 pm »
I’ve read cner is where a few uk pole sellers get they’re poles from, is that where gardiner poles come from China too?

Soupy

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2018, 06:36:23 am »
It does say on their advert that they will do OEM poles, send them drawings and they'll build them to spec. Something like $10 per pole in bulk.
They're eeeting the dogs.
They're eeeting the cats.
They're eeeting the pets,
of the people who live there.

Stoots

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2018, 09:27:03 am »
They make those ova8 poles for definite dint know about the rest but I wouldn't be surprised they seen like the main players

Spruce

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2018, 10:44:09 am »
I’ve read cner is where a few uk pole sellers get they’re poles from, is that where gardiner poles come from China too?

Alex Gardiner recently responded to a Facebook comment about the factory where Gardiner Poles are made.

No-one on FB knows the factory that makes our poles. It is a private factory who do not make tube sets for any other client. They do not advertise or supply any different designs of clamps. Our clamps are made in the U.K and fitted to the tube sections once manufactured.

In order to tout for business many Chinese factories will use photographs of other factories products or brands

and more recently

We do hold the Utility Patents on the Smart Clamp design and technology and hold these Patents in Europe, UK, US, China and Hong Kong. This has allowed us to successfully protect and defend these clamps and their benefits against copies made in China and sold elsewhere.

Our partner factory only assembles window cleaning poles for our company and for no other window cleaning supply companies. No factory owns the Patents to our products, only we do and we have these clamps made here in the UK.

Whilst other pole brands are multiplying only the Gardiner pole has the Smart Clamp advantage.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)