This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Marc Stock

Re: Ionics system, looks good!
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2018, 11:53:15 am »
I have mentioned on here a couple of times my father and i have an engineering business.

We often get component manufacture requests from well known window cleaning water fed system companies , and the prices they want you to make thier products for are ridiculous. We just dont bother anymore as they want you to be able to be on standby at a moments notice to do silly number production runs of 10 units at a time for some silly cheap price.

And to add insult to injury, dealing with the owners of these businesss is hilarious. They really think they are doing you the favour by asking you to make their parts for them, and when you tell them their design isnt going to work, or cant be machined in the way the drawing is specified (because  they aren't engineers and dont understand the limitations of machining some materials) they have an attitude that really stinks, and are amongst the worst types of people to work with when making parts for them.

Going back to rip off Ionics. Look if you are a self employed individual with a potential large profit to write down to save tax, then go and buy a water tank from them for 10k, as essentially thats what it is a tank a pump and some flashy slogans plastered all over it.

Imo you want to be spending  money on poles.

But consider this... If you have to buy a 10k system to save on tour tax bill (which is why most people buy these things) may i suggest spending an extra 3k on a decent accountant and tax expert and you will be able to keep the 7k for yourself with a good business structure in place.

Scrimble

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2018, 08:24:30 pm »
the pure20 units (ionics cheaper brand) are actually pretty good,  stainless steel crash tested frame and plastic baffled tank, I would take one of them over a lot of other systems on the  market.

dazmond

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2018, 02:53:56 am »
I have mentioned on here a couple of times my father and i have an engineering business.

We often get component manufacture requests from well known window cleaning water fed system companies , and the prices they want you to make thier products for are ridiculous. We just dont bother anymore as they want you to be able to be on standby at a moments notice to do silly number production runs of 10 units at a time for some silly cheap price.

And to add insult to injury, dealing with the owners of these businesss is hilarious. They really think they are doing you the favour by asking you to make their parts for them, and when you tell them their design isnt going to work, or cant be machined in the way the drawing is specified (because  they aren't engineers and dont understand the limitations of machining some materials) they have an attitude that really stinks, and are amongst the worst types of people to work with when making parts for them.

Going back to rip off Ionics. Look if you are a self employed individual with a potential large profit to write down to save tax, then go and buy a water tank from them for 10k, as essentially thats what it is a tank a pump and some flashy slogans plastered all over it.

Imo you want to be spending  money on poles.

But consider this... If you have to buy a 10k system to save on tour tax bill (which is why most people buy these things) may i suggest spending an extra 3k on a decent accountant and tax expert and you will be able to keep the 7k for yourself with a good business structure in place.

And buy a van that's got a big enough payload for the water your carrying so your legal on the road.....
price higher/work harder!

Marc Stock

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2018, 08:17:59 am »
I dont fill it up to the brim Dazmond.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2018, 03:01:24 pm »
But you did say that you fill the tank with  470 litres of water. I think your van has a payload of 625 kg? So the time you add your weight, fuel, tank, frame if you use one, reel, battery etc and any additional equipment you will be overweight.

Marc Stock

« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2018, 10:52:58 pm »
But you did say that you fill the tank with  470 litres of water. I think your van has a payload of 625 kg? So the time you add your weight, fuel, tank, frame if you use one, reel, battery etc and any additional equipment you will be overweight.

I dont fill my diesel tank either. I only put in  10 litres a week in specificly to keep weight down. As i am all local.

I have one reel, one pump, one battery, one pole, one small bucket with squeegies in,no tank frame,rachet strapped.

Smudger

« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2018, 09:22:54 am »
That’s just so messy, don’t fill the tank, only 10 litres of fuel ? Hardly the height of running a professional operation ? Or are you just backtracking a bit to justify your overweight set up ??

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Marc Stock

« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2018, 12:11:42 pm »
That’s just so messy, don’t fill the tank, only 10 litres of fuel ? Hardly the height of running a professional operation ? Or are you just backtracking a bit to justify your overweight set up ??

Darran

You know what.

I am sick of this forum.

"Hardly a profesional operation"

What because i only need to fill up with 10 litres of diesel a week, i am somehow unprofessional? Most if not all of my work is compact and local im lucky if i do 10 miles a day.

The fact i have a 550 litre tank and only need to fill it to 460 makes me a cowboy does it now? I have a 550 litre tank so there is a nice gap between the tank lid and the water line. This way water doesn't slosh past the lid and soak my van. If i put in a 450 litre tank and filled it right up to the brim it would slosh out the lid( they are never watertight)

I am well aware of the limitations of a t200 connect. The facts are i do my best to stay under the weight limit by not filling it with more fuel than i need for the week. Its called running an efficient operation for my current business needs within the scope of tools i have. I will be buying a another  van soon, but only when i have enough work to pop someone in it and kit it out safely.

My work is very compact, very well planned, and my operation is from.the customers point of view (which is what matters) very profesional. I leave an invoice with the next clean date, i stick to those dates. All my customers know exacly when i am coming well in advance with no texting the night before, i never have access.or late payment issues as a result. I am a ltd company, fully insured for both public and employee liability ( even me yes employee liability, even though i dont legally need it for myself my actions are covered as an employee)  and you have the cheek to say i'm unprofessional?

I only need to work 4 days a week, and im nearly at 60k.a year turnover on My own, i have whole roads of customers where it takes me 4 hours to turn over 400 quid on some rounds but of course...

Im a lier.

Im making all this up.

My van is a joke..

I dont clean the sills properly.

Go

« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2018, 12:15:43 pm »
Liar?

I’m window cleaning for the first time in months and I can smell dog poop on my fingers.

What does the ionic system do that others don’t?

Marc Stock

« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2018, 12:35:38 pm »
On the subject of unprofessional appearances, why dont you have a look at these invoice slips i leave and tell me how unprofesional they look?

I wrote a template in visual basic to synchronise with my database to print these automatically.

I just run them off.

Dont Tell me have an unprofessional outfit.

Smudger

« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2018, 12:49:58 pm »
Wow - hit a raw nerve there didn’t we!

From experience trying to run a van with an oversize tank and “only” filling it to say 3/4 has too many temptations to fill it up “just this time” then it becomes a regular thing esp. when you have an employee - get into good habits and have the correct equipment installed - why are your tanks leaking ? Mine don’t

You stated 10 litres to keep the weight down, not me, just seems a strange way to run a van IMO

I would, if I were you just get it on a weigh bridge you will be surprised at the actual weight

At the end of the day it’s your licience and insurance that’s at risk? I assume they know you have a 550 litre tank installed - they, come a claim will point out that overloads the van and invalidates your insurance - they won’t care you claim it was only half full

And because you do all of he other things so well, it’s surprising you “fluff” on this area

By all means willy wave away about £400 in 4 hours and 60k a year doing 4 days work a week that really such a justifiable argument

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Marc Stock

« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2018, 01:00:20 pm »
The tank is not fixed. Its strapped down using the lashing points fitted at factory.

Therefore its within the scope of my insurance policy as its not modified.

Yes it did hit a raw nerve.

Tbh i have had enough of this forum and the members on here. You all only interested in one thing, thats to pull others down, and break them apart.

Anyway i havent time for this anymore. Ill leave you lot to tear each other down.. im off, to concentrate on my business.

Yes..i am flouncing.

Smudger

« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2018, 01:17:03 pm »
As you fully well know, many on here are only to happy to help

I think you have problems seeing other people’s points of view and certainly taking their opinions on board

Best of luck in the future

Darran

Simon Trapani

« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2018, 03:14:33 pm »
I think Mark has problems full stop!

deeege

« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2018, 03:48:01 pm »
Where’s “Wokiing”?

Maybe check your spellings on your invoices.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Soupy

« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2018, 03:53:27 pm »
I love a good hissy fit.
They're eeeting the dogs.
They're eeeting the cats.
They're eeeting the pets,
of the people who live there.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2018, 04:17:35 pm »
Where’s “Wokiing”?

Maybe check your spellings on your invoices.

Damn! I'm supposed to be the spelling Nazi round here; I missed that!  ;D
It's a game of three halves!

dazmond

« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2018, 07:59:48 pm »
at the end of the day we all do what we want but surely if your earning £100 an hour on some work and turning over close to 60k a year you could afford a decent van thats not gonna be illegal on the road first thing in the morning? ::)roll

i dont get it? :(
price higher/work harder!

nathankaye

« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2018, 08:45:29 pm »
at the end of the day we all do what we want but surely if your earning £100 an hour on some work and turning over close to 60k a year you could afford a decent van thats not gonna be illegal on the road first thing in the morning? ::)roll

i dont get it? :(

Cost money to make money. (lol I have too many past debts that I'm still sorting out before anyone tells me to get a new van 😂)
A new van for yourself would take away the added stress of such things as the payload been reached and would that burger mean that only 8ltrs can be used now  ;D
Then the outward show would match all the fancy paper invoices you have and your business would feel as one
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk