This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

paul alan

Ionics system, looks good!
« on: September 14, 2018, 07:07:37 pm »
What do you think to this?

What do you reckon to the methods? would it really be effective?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dnl3B_c4fa8

John Mart

bobplum

Re: Ionics system, looks good!
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 07:29:52 pm »
I think Bonneymans sell a similar product called "Cling foam"...and costs a lot less

paul alan

Marc Stock

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2018, 09:05:30 pm »
All that expensive gear!  :o

I use..

1. A bucket
2. Bio Washing Detergent

total cost £4.

I'm so fed up with the rip off snake oil in our industry.

paul alan

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2018, 09:22:36 pm »

I use..

1. A bucket
2. Bio Washing Detergent

total cost £4.

Does look good though.

Bio washing powder....just realised who you are!

paul alan

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2018, 09:25:24 pm »
I like the whole "touchless" concept.

I mean, the finish wasn't great, but I suppose it may be acceptable from a distance. Especially if it is the best finish achievable without the possibility of damage, the customer might buy that.

A lot less physical work by us.

I have had 5 ltr of that vision caustic tfr delivered last week, I am going to buy a 5 ltr pump sprayer tomorrow and adapt it my old 18ft clx.  Cant wait to try out on some dirty work, obviously being very cautious with the amount of time its left on for.

jo5hm4n

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2018, 10:39:57 pm »
Looks good but Ionics is overpriced as F***

I'd rather just send my employee out with Degreaser mixture in bucket, apply straight to roof leave a few mins work in then rinse off.  Does just a good as job as anything and i'm not having to do the hard work ha  ;D ;D

Splash & dash

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2018, 10:42:33 pm »
I like ionics stuff and have two of there systems but anyone who pays £650 for that sprayer is a compleat idiot Gardiners backpack holds 22 ltr and costs about £113 I think does the same job , cannot see ionics selling many

deeege

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2018, 11:21:31 pm »
I like ionics stuff and have two of there systems but anyone who pays £650 for that sprayer is a compleat idiot Gardiners backpack holds 22 ltr and costs about £113 I think does the same job , cannot see ionics selling many

They’ll sell a few. A lot of Ionics users are buying the kit on finance so they’ll be selling to them as “it’s only an extra £12 per week over 5 years.”

Crazy money for what a £10 sprayer will do imo.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

zesty

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2018, 08:23:25 am »

I use..

1. A bucket
2. Bio Washing Detergent

total cost £4.

Pathetic isn’t it.

I use a gardiner back pack sprayer, with fairy, water and some sodium hypo. I spray the mix through my pole with a gardiner fan jet on the end of the pole hose (cable tied to the gooseneck) and bobs your uncle. Comes up spot on, in fact comes up much better than the finials that video showed.

Bit of common sense and a back pack is all you need to ‘softwash’ a conny roof.

dazmond

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2018, 09:56:18 am »
That's why I hate ionics.......absolute rip off merchants
price higher/work harder!

duncan h

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2018, 11:26:20 am »
Pump sprayers with TFR in.
Give it a brush.
Hose pipe off.
Any stubborn bits, do again.
Finish glass with pure as you would normally do

nathankaye

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2018, 03:04:10 pm »
Most on here hate ionic, myself included. I think they are total rip off artists.    When I first was considering upgrading to wfp I went to Sheffield for one of their sales tour markets and I wanted to talk about all the ideas I had seen on YouTube and additional research I had done and the sales chap was who put me off ionic. The reason why? He just slagged off all the competition and belittled their ideas like the swivel heads etc.     They have this attitude that they are the market leaders and thats the end off.   Also didn't like when I asked about their huge price differences in relation to their competitors when essentially the ingredients are the same.

However, dispite me or others thinking they are rip off merchants, it is obviously working for them as they continue to make huge profits.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

david mark

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2018, 04:00:27 pm »
Grippatank and Ionics should merge as one company absolute rip off companies

Stoots

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2018, 06:12:05 pm »
This is no different to anything else in the world we live in today.

Half the stuff we buy is not needed, it just looks nice.

who needs a brand new van, who needs designer clothes, etc etc.

you want it buy it, you dont you dont.

of course its overpriced, over marketted poope, but what isnt really.

dazmond

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2018, 08:06:22 pm »
Grippatank and Ionics should merge as one company absolute rip off companies

Personally I like grippatank.....ok my hot water system was expensive but I wanted hot water on tap to use every day of the year(safely) with frost stat feature and decent batteries and chargers.its a quality system.....and they have great customer service like gardiners so I'll continue to use and recommend them.......
price higher/work harder!

Pete Thompson

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2018, 02:15:31 am »
“Most here hate ionic”

Lol. Don’t forget, most here are also idiots.

I am on my 2nd pure2o system (made by Ionics) and have no hesitation in recommending ionics to anyone. Their systems are top notch, and if you don’t have the budget then there’s the pure2o range.

Even bigger lol that you wanted to talk about all the ridiculous tat you see on YouTube and we’re given short shrift from the sales guy.  Why not go into a Toyota showroom and try to talk about “all your ideas” to make cars better based on what you’ve seen on YouTube. Amazingly, you may find that the salesman isn’t all that interested!

Ionics are the industry leaders for a very simple reason. They know what they’re doing, (and so do their customers.)

zesty

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2018, 08:50:23 am »
Pete,

Having an ionics system, doesn’t make you a window cleaner who ‘knows what they are doing’

It makes you a window cleaner who bought an ionics system rather than the tens of other options. That’s it.

I think many on here would argue that it’s actually more likely that window cleaners who buy ionics don’t know what there doing. Simply because, if they did, they wouldn’t be ripped off by buying it in the first place.

If you’ve got money to burn, then fair enough. But in the context of this spray thing they’ve released, it’s just a glorified backpack. That really is all it is. To me, I would never dream of buying it, when I can get exactly the same results from a gardiner backpack for £100’s less - that to me, shows a window cleaner who knows what he’s doing, not one that doesn’t.

I drive a top of the range transit custom, but have a diy (very good) system inside. This was my choice because:

A. It was a lot cheaper than a ‘branded system’ but uses essentially all the same parts.

B: I know exactly how it works, and can fix any issue easily.

C. No one sees the system, or cares what it looks like or weather it says ‘ionics’ on it. So I was never tempted with one.

The reason I got the nice van, is because it looks professional, it’s practical for my needs, and it’s comfortable to drive and work from. The same doesn’t apply to the window cleaning system, because no one sees it. It’s a waste of money to spend to ££££ on a system or a fancy looking sprayer when the cheaper alternatives do the exact same thing.

Vans poles and work wear for example, by all means get the best. Because there is a difference. Just not with a backspace sprayer or van system. A shurflo pump is a shurflo pump no matter how much you dress it up.

Ionics = good marketing = catches people’s attention = parting with unnecessary money.

;D

By the way - ionics really aren’t the industry leaders. Hence everyone (alright not everyone but most) buy Gardiner poles. The ionics poles in my personal opinion are terrible. Really terrible. You’d think they’d have the best poles on the market if they were industry leaders.

They are industry leaders - in one thing, marketing.

nathankaye

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2018, 10:00:50 am »
“Most here hate ionic”

Lol. Don’t forget, most here are also idiots.

I am on my 2nd pure2o system (made by Ionics) and have no hesitation in recommending ionics to anyone. Their systems are top notch, and if you don’t have the budget then there’s the pure2o range.

Even bigger lol that you wanted to talk about all the ridiculous tat you see on YouTube and we’re given short shrift from the sales guy.  Why not go into a Toyota showroom and try to talk about “all your ideas” to make cars better based on what you’ve seen on YouTube. Amazingly, you may find that the salesman isn’t all that interested!

Ionics are the industry leaders for a very simple reason. They know what they’re doing, (and so do their customers.)

I went to ionic to look at their brushes and gooseneck and enquires of swivels. I was told the other companies had simply knocked together something in their garden shed, hence why their equipment is the market pioneers.  Yet there isn't much difference in theirs in comparison.

It may not be, but on the video the gooseneck connections look like tacki plastic pieces.   Then their spray bottle which holds how many litres for a hefty price tag?   
I'm sure if I walked in Toyota show room and asked about the differences, they wouldn't slag off the other competition but high light what makes a Toyota stand out as different.

It's funny, when I went to this years window cleaning show, ionic had its stand their as well. I was there for a good hour or more and poor ionic looked like Billy no mates
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk