This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

craigR

Pump controller Fault
« on: September 12, 2018, 08:32:03 am »
Controller is showing  'UER 16' . Seems to happen from cold so when finally running runs ok for rest of day but becoming a nuisance now.
Any thoughts please.

Thanks.
Craig

Spruce

Re: Pump controller Fault
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2018, 09:45:16 am »
Controller is showing  'UER 16' . Seems to happen from cold so when finally running runs ok for rest of day but becoming a nuisance now.
Any thoughts please.

Thanks.
Craig

Which controller? You need to give much more info before someone will try to help you.

As far as I'm aware Spring controllers have 3 separate led display boxes and Varistreams have 2. So it can't be any of these that you are refering to.  To display your fault code would need 5 boxes.

The only other thing I can think off is the PureFreedom electric reel controller as that has a bigger screen.
 I'm confused.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Smudger

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2018, 12:04:16 pm »
Type of controller would be helpful

If it’s a spring derivative then Mr Shepard will be the man to contact and they do repairs

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2018, 12:21:02 pm »
Most probably needs the pressure cut off, or "dead end" value increasing. It's a lot cooler in the morning now and the controller could be detecting it's dead end setting sooner than normal.
Comfortably Numb!

Ian Sheppard

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2018, 09:42:02 am »
Any thoughts please.

Thanks.
Craig

Hi Craig as our conversation the controller is actually showing VER (version) and the year of manufacture (16) The controllers have an initial power up feature which we use during the manufacture process.  At a guess while switching on the controller someone has inadvertently got into this power up menu.

The newer V11 will cycle out of the power up menu after a few moments. Also pressing the enter button will step through the menu until "flo" is displayed 

If these do not work pop the fuse out for a minute of so then replace.

V16 Is Here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AhbZirSlpI&t=8s
Polarity Protect technology

Spruce

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2018, 08:14:19 pm »
Any thoughts please.

Thanks.
Craig

Hi Craig as our conversation the controller is actually showing VER (version) and the year of manufacture (16) The controllers have an initial power up feature which we use during the manufacture process.  At a guess while switching on the controller someone has inadvertently got into this power up menu.

The newer V11 will cycle out of the power up menu after a few moments. Also pressing the enter button will step through the menu until "flo" is displayed 

If these do not work pop the fuse out for a minute of so then replace.

Interesting. Is this a standard controller? If so, how do you get allthat info on 3 led screens?
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Ian Sheppard

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2018, 01:59:10 pm »
Hi Spruce,  Yes its a standard controller. The power up sequence during manufacture is very useful to us. In terms of how we get all this onto three 7 segment displays. That is down to the software tucked away in the operating system. 7 segment are a bit limiting as this post shows a V becomes a U.

We have also used 16 character LCD in the past, and are looking at various ways of presenting information going forward.

V16 Is Here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AhbZirSlpI&t=8s
Polarity Protect technology

windowswashed

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2018, 07:33:32 pm »
I always change my 7.5 amp (red) fuse between battery and pump come late autumn as they start wearing thin , makes a big difference to power for pump.

Simon Trapani

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2018, 12:47:25 pm »
I always change my 7.5 amp (red) fuse between battery and pump come late autumn as they start wearing thin , makes a big difference to power for pump.
Really?

windowswashed

Re: Pump controller Fault New
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2018, 07:05:59 pm »
Really?

Reason being the fuse gets covered in a fine layer of white film and the metal fuse blades and fuse holder is covered in the stuff so I replace both for a better electrical connection. When the pump starts throwing up error codes is when I change it and it does the trick. Pump works much better after replacing both fuse and fuse box for new come winter time when a heavier drain on battery.