This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

slap bash

6 month off sick in hospital
« on: September 11, 2018, 03:16:52 pm »
I have just come out of the hospital with no income or any business activity at all. I have never been so sick in my life. And now sit with the mammoth job of trying to rebuild my life and business.

The Jester of Wibbly

Re: 6 month off sick in hospital
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2018, 03:25:34 pm »
Get well soon buddy.  Good luck getting your busness back up. 
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

paul alan

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2018, 03:38:30 pm »
Sorry to hear that mate!

Looks like you have some hard work ahead, hopefully some of your customer base will be willing to come back on board once they understand the situation. People are usually good like that.

My experience in life is when you fall down and get back up, you always end up in a better place.

Dont forget you already done it once, so the second time round should be much easier.

What put you down for so long?

Slacky

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2018, 03:42:32 pm »
Where are you based?

robert mitchell

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2018, 03:51:05 pm »
I have just come out of the hospital with no income or any business activity at all. I have never been so sick in my life. And now sit with the mammoth job of trying to rebuild my life and business.

I picked up a few customers that had come to me when their window cleaner had a bike accident , didn’t know the guy but as soon as he was back on his feet , they took him back on , hopefully yours will do the same .
www.ishinewindowcleaning.co.uk

The man who never made a mistake never made anything.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2018, 03:59:05 pm »
So sorry to hear your bad news slapbash. Have you come out with the likelihood you will be well enough to physically work within a few weeks or is the prognosis not so good?
It's a game of three halves!

nathankaye

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2018, 04:14:39 pm »
Glad your on the mend and out the hospital. At least that's one positive, going forward.
Hope the future plans go well, dispite what might appear an upward struggle, but as many have said, I'm sure your customers will understand and return and all the best with the rest
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

britishwill

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2018, 04:37:05 pm »
Be honest with your client base and let them know what has happened. People then can make the decision as to wether they want you services back. This will get you some clients and then build on that!
Good luck and get better soon.

John Mart

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2018, 06:27:24 pm »
Good luck with things.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2018, 06:30:53 pm »
6months your lucky  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

hope you get going sooner than later x

Phil J

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2018, 06:35:29 pm »
Good luck Slap, hopefully, you can pick up where you left off.

windowswashed

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2018, 06:36:10 pm »
Feel for you. I had to take a year out  through illness, it's hard work starting afresh. Wish you all the best and good luck  :)

slap bash

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2018, 08:57:59 pm »
Where are you based?

I am in Basingstoke

colin bird

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2018, 09:09:37 pm »
Mate  I cannot begin  to think how you must feel after being in hospital so long without income and bills piling up,I hope you had some money behind you
I hope you are well enough to work  I wish you you all the best in rebuilding your business.
 Your unfortunate hospitalisation is a reality check for all us one man bussines  men
Goog luck mate keep us posted on how your getting on

HCS

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2018, 09:30:36 pm »
Take it a day at a time mate. best wishes

Slacky

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2018, 09:34:49 pm »
Where are you based?

I am in Basingstoke

I am in Basingstoke.

Do you need work or have you still got your old round and you need to re-establish yourself?

Perfect Windows

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2018, 09:12:50 am »

One of our franchisees has been quite ill recently and unable to keep up with his round. We took the step of contacting his customers and letting them know. Every single one of them gave us a variation of "Sorry to hear it; don't worry about it, we'll stick with him till he's well again". Not one of them was anything but supportive.

I'd suggest you do something similar. If you can't, get someone to do it for you. If you don't have someone to do it for you, give me 50 of your phone numbers and I'll call them for you - I've no doubt others on here would do it for you as well. 

Once that's done it takes the work pressure off and you can concentrate on feeling well again.  Which is the bit that needs attention.

Vin

slap bash

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2018, 10:05:07 am »
Where are you based?

I am in Basingstoke
I need work . Just waiting for the Doctor to sign me off to drive my van.

I am in Basingstoke.

Do you need work or have you still got your old round and you need to re-establish yourself?

dazmond

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2018, 10:55:39 am »

Did u notify customers?

Have u got any work left to clean?

Best wishes mate and hope u make a full recovery......
price higher/work harder!

Smudger

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2018, 12:02:05 pm »
So sorry to hear this - did you keep your customers informed ?

I know what your going through as my ongoing health issues have now reached 8 months 😕

Luckily for me the lads maintain the cleaning but biz development is virtually nil.

Are you ok to clean now or is there a recovery period? Do you feel you can crack on with being on the tools now ?

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience