This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

colley614

Re: Does anyone use BNI
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2007, 11:24:06 am »
I have been to a few bni meeting myself and I'm still making my mind up if it is worth paying so much money out for. I have picked up a couple of little jobs but not heard much in the way of work that will ever change the scale of my business. Although it benefits my friends me going ( I got my friend a job as a graphic designer.) But when its me that gets up at 5.00am to go I'd hoped it was me that was going to benefit. Especially when I'm the one they are asking nearly £600 from.

Trevor Knight

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2007, 11:44:50 am »
I was invited and went to 2 meetings. When you look at it it was £550 per annum + your weekly breakfast which was £10 per morning. This means you will be paying a total of £1070 per annum.

My thoughts were this.

1) As a window cleaner my client base was probably bigger than most people there and the onus was on me to introduce more than i would receive introductions.
2) There was a stigma attatched for missing meetings, it was almost as if I was a naughty schoolboy for missing a meeting.
3) The attendee's were always pretty much the same people so you have to look at what possibilities are available to you regarding who can refer your services.
4) Look at the average value of your customers and also the investment made by you both financially as well as in time.

When I considered all these principles I felt it wasn't for me, not to say its the same for anyone else, although I have since found out that several BNI members have since left, maybe thats a reflection of our area and not the BNI itself?
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

Kev R

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2007, 12:33:26 pm »
My company is involved in window cleaning & carpet cleaning. I have been a member of BNI since march this year. The fees and the breakfast costs and the time costs are nothing in comparison to what I have personally gained from BNI. Reading the previous posts there are a lot of misconseptions about the organisation.

I know that BNI has brought me a lot of quality refferals, a few one offs and a few big contracts. I consider BNI to be an important addition to my business and I look forward to doing business at every meeting. If you are an outgoing person, like meeting people and offer a quality service you will do well at BNI. If you are introverted or offer a poor service you wont last long. BNI is like many organisations in that the more you put in the more you get out. Givers gain this is the motto of BNI.

If you join you will lock the competition out of your chapter, one chapter one profession that the rule, so you will be the only one recieving that type of work from your chapter. Once people know you and trust you the work gets a lot better believe me. Members will give you small jobs to test you. A painter in our chapter has just gained a £35000 contract. I just got one last week for £2700. For some members the £1000 per year is peanuts, me included.

need a cleaner

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2007, 02:19:43 pm »
My company is involved in window cleaning & carpet cleaning. I have been a member of BNI since march this year. The fees and the breakfast costs and the time costs are nothing in comparison to what I have personally gained from BNI. Reading the previous posts there are a lot of misconseptions about the organisation.

I know that BNI has brought me a lot of quality refferals, a few one offs and a few big contracts. I consider BNI to be an important addition to my business and I look forward to doing business at every meeting. If you are an outgoing person, like meeting people and offer a quality service you will do well at BNI. If you are introverted or offer a poor service you wont last long. BNI is like many organisations in that the more you put in the more you get out. Givers gain this is the motto of BNI.

If you join you will lock the competition out of your chapter, one chapter one profession that the rule, so you will be the only one recieving that type of work from your chapter. Once people know you and trust you the work gets a lot better believe me. Members will give you small jobs to test you. A painter in our chapter has just gained a £35000 contract. I just got one last week for £2700. For some members the £1000 per year is peanuts, me included.

Tugster would you like to create a reciprocal link betwin our sites? :)