Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dd

Re: Phantom pole.
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2018, 06:07:14 pm »
so these new phantom poles are designed to wear the insert in the clamp rather than the shaft of the pole if im looking at that right and if thats correct then you wont get the dreaded carbon hand anymore?
personally i dont see it myself as the pole will still wear but will be interesting to see, theyre making a version similar weight to xtreme 22 as well so will be keeping tabs on that when my xtreme is 12 months old!

Agreed.

You will still get wear on the pole, and wear on the red wear insert inside the clamp as grit will still get into the insert and wear the surfaces.

You cannot avoid wear on the poles, they will wear down. Unless you dismantle the pole and wash it every time you use it after each job; and lets face it your not going to are you? And if you did 1) its even more of a ballache as you have extra stuff to dismantle  like the inserts etc..over your regular poles; and 2) your existing poles wouldnt wear down as much if you washed them every time but you wouldn't  earn much either as you would be spending all your time washing your pole and not windows.

Buy a good pole; use it make money from it; replace it after 2 or 3 years...repeat. no need to spend alot of money on eye candy poles; your supposed to be making money not giving it away to other people.

Poles are like bitches. Buy them, make money from them, bin them.

Nice and respectful; is this the language of the ‘highflyer’ or are you trying to come across as ‘one of the lads’ and really norsed it up?
Yes. A very disrespectful and unpleasant comment.

dazmond

« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2018, 06:21:23 pm »
the old facelift clamps are well known for wearing quickly.i know window cleaners that have badly spinning sections on these poles within 8 months! ::)roll

these new style clamps could well cure the premature wearing for those that choose to buy facelift poles.....time will tell.......
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2018, 06:23:13 pm »
so these new phantom poles are designed to wear the insert in the clamp rather than the shaft of the pole if im looking at that right and if thats correct then you wont get the dreaded carbon hand anymore?
personally i dont see it myself as the pole will still wear but will be interesting to see, theyre making a version similar weight to xtreme 22 as well so will be keeping tabs on that when my xtreme is 12 months old!

Agreed.

You will still get wear on the pole, and wear on the red wear insert inside the clamp as grit will still get into the insert and wear the surfaces.

You cannot avoid wear on the poles, they will wear down. Unless you dismantle the pole and wash it every time you use it after each job; and lets face it your not going to are you? And if you did 1) its even more of a ballache as you have extra stuff to dismantle  like the inserts etc..over your regular poles; and 2) your existing poles wouldnt wear down as much if you washed them every time but you wouldn't  earn much either as you would be spending all your time washing your pole and not windows.

Buy a good pole; use it make money from it; replace it after 2 or 3 years...repeat. no need to spend alot of money on eye candy poles; your supposed to be making money not giving it away to other people.

Poles are like bitches. Buy them, make money from them, bin them.

Nice and respectful; is this the language of the ‘highflyer’ or are you trying to come across as ‘one of the lads’ and really norsed it up?
Yes. A very disrespectful and unpleasant comment.

agree.....i very strange comment...... ::)roll
price higher/work harder!

Marc Stock

« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2018, 09:30:38 pm »
Yeah that reads terrible...

:o :P :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

I have no idea why i put that.

Sorry for any offence. I would try to explain why i wrote it; but i honestly cannot for fear of digging a deeper hole. Lets just say it was a twat moment. I have removed it, and hold my hands up for being a complete twongo.

Stoots

« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2018, 09:48:31 pm »
I liked the comment

I like a bit of disrespect

Soupy

« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2018, 09:51:49 pm »
Looks good.

If you are having glue problems with clamps:

https://preview.tinyurl.com/y8punvly

Problem solved.
They're eeeting the dogs.
They're eeeting the cats.
They're eeeting the pets,
of the people who live there.

dd

« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2018, 08:55:32 am »
I liked the comment

There is a big difference between "a bit of disrespect" and demeaning and insulting. This generally says far more about the person making the comment than the ones it insults.

At least Marc had the good grace to apologize.

S.A.J

« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2018, 09:00:24 am »
Really good pole guys! Been testing for a few weeks!

Rubbish short vid below 🙈😂

https://youtu.be/y16UWTGIWcs

Marc Stock

« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2018, 09:57:16 am »
I liked the comment

There is a big difference between "a bit of disrespect" and demeaning and insulting. This generally says far more about the person making the comment than the ones it insults.

Yes; like i said it was in bad taste and i completly messed up there; i agree with your sentiments.

p1w1

« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2018, 11:48:27 am »

Yes your right rubbish video  ;D how about one showing the weight and let's see how rigid it is, any wear mark's on the pole yet?
It actual looks a good pole and the clamps are a good idea, bit we've had all the marketing dribble from  wcw before on previous poles ..let's see videos of it actually being used telling us the weight of the thing,length,collapsed length etc.

Dry Clean

« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2018, 12:18:29 pm »
I feel for anybody trying to compete with Gardiners, problem is instead trying to compete with a similar product they go down the silly gimmick road which never works.

Dave Willis

« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2018, 12:45:20 pm »
I liked the comment

Yes; like i said it was in bad taste and i completly messed up there; i agree with your sentiments.
.                                                                                        Racist too! All the poles in my town seem like nice people and do their utmost to keep Wetherspoons going.

robbo333

« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2018, 12:50:36 pm »
I’ve never had a clamp problem, but I did have a problem with wear on my Extreme. Watched the gardeners video on how to sort it, using epoxy resin, and now it’s like a new pole again.

Will this new Phantom pole be at the forthcoming window cleaning show?
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Lee GLS

« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2018, 01:16:41 pm »
I always thought facelift slated lateral clamps and vertical clamps were the way forward and faster to use, why the change in direction Mr Fox ?? Can you admit you were wrong and Gardiners were right all along?

mufcglen

« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2018, 03:09:35 pm »

has anyone been using it for a good few months, ive found poles dont really start giving off carbon on your hand until about 2-3 months use, be interesting to see if this gives carbon wear with this new collar thats designed to wear instead of the actual pole, otherwise i dont see the point in the sleeve if they still wear the pole sections?

Stoots

« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2018, 05:36:22 pm »
I liked the comment

Oh come on, it was a throwaway comment on a forum. There's no need to get all insulted and PC about it.

G Griffin

« Reply #56 on: August 10, 2018, 12:16:58 am »
I always thought facelift slated lateral clamps and vertical clamps were the way forward and faster to use, why the change in direction Mr Fox ?? Can you admit you were wrong and Gardiners were right all along?
More importantly, what's Mr. Fox's brush like? 
Is it fantastic, Mr. Fox?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

P @ F

« Reply #57 on: August 10, 2018, 12:29:01 pm »
I had to laugh at the list of people that got given a trial pole , all admins on FB page , how is that a true reflection of the product ?

SAJ slated other company clamps , didn’t mention the company but we all know who he meant as he has used no other for years !

And Jason Johnstone can be seen using an SLX as a camping shower as if it’s all it’s fit for !!

Just another Fantastic Mr Fox attempt at dirty tricks campaign .

It will wear out and when you want one of the overpriced red inserts it will be out of stock !!!
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

P @ F

« Reply #58 on: August 10, 2018, 04:04:23 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Looks like i just got a fan club going again .
I got people from the FB page wanting a chat for some reason ?

Gotta love a Friday wind up  ;D ;D ;D

P @ F

« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2018, 04:27:12 pm »
Panic over , just had a little chat , hitman has been stood down and i can go to the show again now .
Turns out we do all still love Gardiner poles  ;D ;D ;D ;D