Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

John Mart

Smudger

Re: Phantom pole.
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 06:57:33 pm »
Ghoulishly expensive i bet.......
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Smudger

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018, 06:58:32 pm »
still Dazmond will have one   ;D

Hate it....  >:(

Love it and throw all his gardiner poles in the bin  ;D ;D

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Marc Stock

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2018, 07:05:17 pm »
More snake oil. I suppose the newbies to the game need to buy something.

Lee Pryor

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2018, 07:23:07 pm »
Im a Gardiner fan but this does actually look good so far. I will be keen to see lengths weights and price.
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

John Mart

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2018, 07:26:27 pm »
More snake oil. I suppose the newbies to the game need to buy something.
Snake oil? Looks a good pole. I like Gardiner poles but still have clamps coming off. That said, they’ve totally solved the wear on the section problem but the clamps coming off is a pain. It would take a lot for me to swap but I might try one.

p1w1

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2018, 07:34:57 pm »
I like the idea of the clamp replacement, weird they haven't listed the full specs of the pole tho does make me a bit sceptical to how good it really is, it's that not they dont know what they are.  Just a load of waffle at the moment with no real hard facts.

Spruce

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2018, 07:40:32 pm »
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Spruce

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2018, 07:41:44 pm »
Im a Gardiner fan but this does actually look good so far. I will be keen to see lengths weights and price.

I wonder why you didn't get one to test Lee. Is it because you are a Gardiner fan?
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Lee Pryor

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2018, 07:48:24 pm »

I wonder why you didn't get one to test Lee. Is it because you are a Gardiner fan?

Who knows.

Would have been a good idea for us to test a couple, my team destroy anything I give them! Thats why I only give them the CLX range up to 30ft and SLX/Supermax over that height. 

We also have the clamp glue problem.
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2018, 08:52:39 pm »
Next time your gardiner clamp comes loose or comes off- just place a couple of wraps of insulating tape around the top of the section and force the clamp back on- over the tape, it'll never come loose again!
Haven't used clamp glue for years!!👍
Comfortably Numb!

John Mart

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2018, 08:57:33 pm »
Next time your gardiner clamp comes loose or comes off- just place a couple of wraps of insulating tape around the top of the section and force the clamp back on- over the tape, it'll never come loose again!
Good tip. We just insulation tape the clamps on now. It lasts longer than the glue. Doesn't look very neat though.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2018, 09:00:06 pm »
Good tip. We just insulation tape the clamps on now. It lasts longer than the glue. Doesn't look very neat though.

If you take a scraper blade and remove any excess from the bottom of the clamp you can't even tell it's held in place by tape.
Comfortably Numb!

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2018, 09:05:16 pm »
As above

I use just one wrap insulating tape and tap it back on nice and square

No more glue and lasts the hot water too

I do like the clamps they look good and steve makes good products interesting still a fan Gardner poles though for me it’s lightness

But something that eliminates wear on the pole with replaceable parts like that certainly makes you look and think

Shrek

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2018, 09:07:30 pm »

Nice 1 👍

lal

« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2018, 09:17:55 pm »

The Phantom pole looks good, especially the clamps, be interesting to see prices, when they release them.

John Mart

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2018, 09:23:24 pm »

If you take a scraper blade and remove any excess from the bottom of the clamp you can't even tell it's held in place by tape.
Ah, no. We just put it on the outside. Two or three wraps and lasts for weeks.

Phil J

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2018, 09:26:13 pm »
They look really good, if the price is similar to Gardiners I'll try one out for sure.

Stephen Fox

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2018, 09:31:03 pm »
The question with WFP’s  has mostly been ‘how to stop poles wearing out and clamps spinning’  which frustrates the user no end.

The answer from current poles on the market, has to be to compensate for the pole wear by introducing springs, etc which seems to work to a point, but doesn’t really address the the fundamental issue of wear.

The idea behind the Phantom pole is to create something from a different perspective, ‘how can we produce something that’ doesn't wear in the first place.’ Which is a very different place to start from. The results have been outstanding.

Slacky

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2018, 09:39:03 pm »
The idea behind the Phantom pole is to create something from a different perspective, ‘how can we produce something that’ doesn't wear in the first place.’ Which is a very different place to start from. The results have been outstanding.

So, it has a life-time guarantee?