This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Stephen Fox

Re: Phantom pole.
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2018, 09:45:19 pm »
The idea behind the Phantom pole is to create something from a different perspective, ‘how can we produce something that’ doesn't wear in the first place.’ Which is a very different place to start from. The results have been outstanding.

So, it has a life-time guarantee?

Very interesting question... what would you class as the expected  lifetime of a pole?

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2018, 09:53:30 pm »
The question with WFP’s  has mostly been ‘how to stop poles wearing out and clamps spinning’  which frustrates the user no end.

The answer from current poles on the market, has to be to compensate for the pole wear by introducing springs, etc which seems to work to a point, but doesn’t really address the the fundamental issue of wear.

The idea behind the Phantom pole is to create something from a different perspective, ‘how can we produce something that’ doesn't wear in the first place.’ Which is a very different place to start from. The results have been outstanding.

How do you stop the tubes wearing from the inside? There must be near enough the same amount of friction inside as out of the tube sections?
Comfortably Numb!

Stephen Fox

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2018, 09:58:00 pm »
Vast majority of pole wear comes from the clamps/grit rubbing against the outside of the pole tube. This is the usual cause of clamps not gripping overtime/spinning etc.

G Griffin

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2018, 10:05:51 pm »
More snake oil. I suppose the newbies to the game need to buy something.
Competition is good, isn't it?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2018, 11:17:02 pm »

So, it has a life-time guarantee?

Very interesting question... what would you class as the expected  lifetime of a pole?

I assume "Life time" refers to my life, not the pole's ;D

Marc Stock

« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2018, 11:43:53 pm »
Snake oil? Looks a good pole. I like Gardiner poles but still have clamps coming off. That said, they’ve totally solved the wear on the section problem but the clamps coming off is a pain. It would take a lot for me to swap but I might try one.

At the end of the day; you need a pole which is strong; durable; easy to use; and cost effective. All these poles with so called clamps that are 'anti spin' or 'self adjusting' its all a load of marketing poop. From one design to the other every clamp will have its weakness; and for every design that 'solves' one problem another is created. They still wear out, the poles still wear out just the same as any other pole. For example, these clamps have a tang on the side of the lever where the lever sits down inside which is supposed to stop the clamp unclasping; guess what that tang will wear down very quickly; and will no doubt grab vines, leaves, and small branches tangling up the pole.

By all means if you need a pole; consider it. But don't get dragged in by the shiney clamp colours, and trendy decal fonts at a premium. its just a pole at the end of the day and in 2 years it will need to be replaced like any other pole; trust me they need to keep you buying more stuff by re-inventing the same thing over and over again. This is why i prefer gardiner poles; they stick to what works and thats why they are the leaders.

Jonny 87

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2018, 07:52:59 am »
Im a Gardiner fan but this does actually look good so far. I will be keen to see lengths weights and price.

I wonder why you didn't get one to test Lee. Is it because you are a Gardiner fan?

From what I see from the testers they have given them specifically to people who are very pro facelift. Or that have purchased systems with themselves.

I’ll see how  good they are when they role them out to the paupers.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

John Mart

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2018, 08:19:52 am »
Im a Gardiner fan but this does actually look good so far. I will be keen to see lengths weights and price.

I wonder why you didn't get one to test Lee. Is it because you are a Gardiner fan?

From what I see from the testers they have given them specifically to people who are very pro facelift. Or that have purchased systems with themselves.

I’ll see how they good they are when they role them out to the paupers.
That's what I thought. The Facebook brown nosers.  ;D

Walter Mitty

« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2018, 08:40:59 am »
Next time your gardiner clamp comes loose or comes off- just place a couple of wraps of insulating tape around the top of the section and force the clamp back on- over the tape, it'll never come loose again!
Haven't used clamp glue for years!!👍

Sounds interesting.
The Gardiner glue issue seems to be more frequent during hot weather, or so it seems to me.  Having said that, I recently bought a new clamp for the small section of my SL2 modular and pushed it on without glue or anything else.  It's rock solid.

dazmond

« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2018, 09:04:52 am »
Snake oil? Looks a good pole. I like Gardiner poles but still have clamps coming off. That said, they’ve totally solved the wear on the section problem but the clamps coming off is a pain. It would take a lot for me to swap but I might try one.

At the end of the day; you need a pole which is strong; durable; easy to use; and cost effective. All these poles with so called clamps that are 'anti spin' or 'self adjusting' its all a load of marketing poop. From one design to the other every clamp will have its weakness; and for every design that 'solves' one problem another is created. They still wear out, the poles still wear out just the same as any other pole. For example, these clamps have a tang on the side of the lever where the lever sits down inside which is supposed to stop the clamp unclasping; guess what that tang will wear down very quickly; and will no doubt grab vines, leaves, and small branches tangling up the pole.

By all means if you need a pole; consider it. But don't get dragged in by the shiney clamp colours, and trendy decal fonts at a premium. its just a pole at the end of the day and in 2 years it will need to be replaced like any other pole; trust me they need to keep you buying more stuff by re-inventing the same thing over and over again. This is why i prefer gardiner poles; they stick to what works and thats why they are the leaders.

its called "the arts of selling".aldous huxley wrote about it in his book "BRAVE NEW WORLD" first published in 1946......... ;D
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2018, 09:08:29 am »
ive never had a clamp issue for years.i cant remember the last time i had to glue a gardiner clamp on....they ve defo improved this side of things.....

ive just bought an xtreme 25 at £640 lately so i wont be buying a facelift pole.im hoping to get 2 years out of it.......
price higher/work harder!

Dry Clean

« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2018, 09:58:57 am »

its called "the arts of selling".aldous huxley wrote about it in his book "BRAVE NEW WORLD" first published in 1946......... ;D

Doesn't take much of an art to sell you stuff, just a big window. lol

mufcglen

« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2018, 01:36:58 pm »
so these new phantom poles are designed to wear the insert in the clamp rather than the shaft of the pole if im looking at that right and if thats correct then you wont get the dreaded carbon hand anymore?
personally i dont see it myself as the pole will still wear but will be interesting to see, theyre making a version similar weight to xtreme 22 as well so will be keeping tabs on that when my xtreme is 12 months old!

Marc Stock

« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2018, 02:06:28 pm »
so these new phantom poles are designed to wear the insert in the clamp rather than the shaft of the pole if im looking at that right and if thats correct then you wont get the dreaded carbon hand anymore?
personally i dont see it myself as the pole will still wear but will be interesting to see, theyre making a version similar weight to xtreme 22 as well so will be keeping tabs on that when my xtreme is 12 months old!

Agreed.

You will still get wear on the pole, and wear on the red wear insert inside the clamp as grit will still get into the insert and wear the surfaces.

You cannot avoid wear on the poles, they will wear down. Unless you dismantle the pole and wash it every time you use it after each job; and lets face it your not going to are you? And if you did 1) its even more of a ballache as you have extra stuff to dismantle  like the inserts etc..over your regular poles; and 2) your existing poles wouldnt wear down as much if you washed them every time but you wouldn't  earn much either as you would be spending all your time washing your pole and not windows.

Buy a good pole; use it make money from it; replace it after 2 or 3 years...repeat. no need to spend alot of money on eye candy poles; your supposed to be making money not giving it away to other people.

nathankaye

« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2018, 02:25:14 pm »
It honestly looks a good pole and I'm guessing due to the design of pole  ot being tubular will give it more strength/stiffness in comparison to the standard poles which have dominated the market based on fishing pole designs.
Only time will tell to see if it is a pole truly designed for our market
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Dave Willis

« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2018, 02:42:10 pm »
Well, all they’ve got to do is employ someone to answer the phone and Gardiners are going to struggle.

dd

« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2018, 04:14:51 pm »
I find the new Gardiner clamp design is much better, and they do not spin.

Nothing to do with sales and marketing - it is simply a much better clamp than the old ones.

I have used Gardiner poles for years and find the new clamps a big improvement.

Stoots

« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2018, 05:02:28 pm »
I don't care about the clamp I just want to know is it lighter/stiffer/better value than what's currently on the market.

I need a new pole soon so hurry up and release the bloody thing or I'm going with Gardner's.

Don Kee

« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2018, 05:19:45 pm »

Agreed.

You will still get wear on the pole, and wear on the red wear insert inside the clamp as grit will still get into the insert and wear the surfaces.

You cannot avoid wear on the poles, they will wear down. Unless you dismantle the pole and wash it every time you use it after each job; and lets face it your not going to are you? And if you did 1) its even more of a ballache as you have extra stuff to dismantle  like the inserts etc..over your regular poles; and 2) your existing poles wouldnt wear down as much if you washed them every time but you wouldn't  earn much either as you would be spending all your time washing your pole and not windows.

Buy a good pole; use it make money from it; replace it after 2 or 3 years...repeat. no need to spend alot of money on eye candy poles; your supposed to be making money not giving it away to other people.

Poles are like bitches. Buy them, make money from them, bin them.

Nice and respectful; is this the language of the ‘highflyer’ or are you trying to come across as ‘one of the lads’ and really norsed it up?
Why don't you have a quick google before making stupid comments?

p1w1

« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2018, 05:39:29 pm »
This really is just about new style clamps  so possibly  just new clamps on an old pole else they would be promoting the carbon sections too on how light, rigid etc they are then their previous poles.