Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jsw window cleaning

Garlic in shoes
« on: April 30, 2018, 11:34:41 am »
Picked up a cold on the weekend feels like it's gonna be a nasty one. Got told by another window cleaner that putting cloves of garlic in shoes will do the trick. Has anyone else done this or is he having me on

Stoots

Re: Garlic in shoes
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2018, 11:46:47 am »
Depends whose shoes you put it in.

Smudger

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2018, 03:44:58 pm »
 It heard of garlic but if you wear trainers it will improve the smell

Vicks is supposed to do the trick

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2018, 04:25:53 pm »
Picked up a cold on the weekend feels like it's gonna be a nasty one. Got told by another window cleaner that putting cloves of garlic in shoes will do the trick. Has anyone else done this or is he having me on

;D ;D......eh i wouldnt do that......

best things ive found are the usual lemsips,keeping away from the gym and relaxing when not working and plenty of fluids,good food etc....

wash your hands more frequently esp when you ve just blown your nose and flush snotty tissues down the toilet straight away(dont let them lie around in the house).....
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2018, 04:26:33 pm »
i find a good hot curry helps too..... ;)
price higher/work harder!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2018, 04:53:52 pm »
The Witch Doctors "R" Us site says the following:-

To ensure cold symptoms no longer bother you.

"Stand in your garden next to your neighbour's Mercedes Benz and Greenhouse in full view of your neighbour. Face away from them and throw five large stones over your shoulder.

The resulting hullabaloo will help you forget your cold."

It's a game of three halves!

paul alan

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2018, 07:11:39 pm »
Garlic is anti-bacterial and you're supposed to eat it...raw.

I chop it up in the mornings and down it with water.

My wife and two kids are all ill with colds but I am untouched, could be the garlic? Or the 8 portions of fruit n veg I eat each day.

Don Kee

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2018, 08:03:59 pm »
I heard to get rid of a cold you need to walk up the tallest hill in your village/town/city in just your undercrackers, take said undercrackers off  and stick them on your head.

Whilst waving your winky around and hopping on one foot, you need to shout “I AM A UNICORN” 60-70 times (depending on the severity of your cold.

That should get rid of the cold for you mate and ensure a record week window cleanimg follows.

You’re welcome.
Why don't you have a quick google before making stupid comments?

robbo333

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2018, 08:21:12 pm »
Whisky...but not in your shoes  ;D
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"