Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Marc Stock

15 MONTH PUSH TO 80K - CURRENT UPDATE.
« on: April 27, 2018, 02:38:04 pm »
Cant find the original thread, so here is another one.

So here we are, 4 months into my 15 month push to £80k. As we all know the weather really has been a challenge hasn't it this year fellas? Snow then Rain, then really cold snaps, and really hot spells...its nuts this weather. At least the "out the woodwork" ones haven't been out much this year yet, so many people i have spoken to haven't seen their yearly window cleaner at all yet  ;D.

Anyway lets get to the figures; i have been increasing the prices of my older list customers by one or two quid per clean, and so far no one has complained; so that's a good start. I lost another customer though; she was a long standing customer, and its sad to loose her; but she moved to a bigger, flashier, grander house and started being late with payments as the price was 3 times more than she used to pay...lets just say we had words and she is no longer a customer, its always the ones that are the nicest and the best payers that when they go bad, its goes bad in a BIG way lol...anyway no biggie, she was a scatty cow anyway.

So old customer list is sitting at £46,554.
New customer list is currently at £4,701, of which £1518 is new signups in April. Incidentally, the most in one month so far.

So i am currently sitting at a customer list of £51,255.

Only 9k to go before i plonk a bloke in a van, and push to 80k ramps up significantly. And i still have not done any canvassing, this is all recommendations. 

This ends the update so far....convo ensue....... ;D

NWH

Re: 15 MONTH PUSH TO 80K - CURRENT UPDATE.
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2018, 02:48:19 pm »
What kind of work is it though Marc is it anything that comes in or are you selecting certain work,I’m not knocking you good on you but it’s not the amount of work it’s the kind of work as you well know that makes it worth taking on.

Marc Stock

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2018, 02:58:14 pm »
This is just window cleaning. And for me its also the ammount of work or i cant make it work with a fella in a van.

Stoots

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2018, 03:23:38 pm »
Well done mate.

Ive just hit k (forcast not actual)

Rounds a right mess though from taking on new work out of sync,  im away for 2 weeks in may so it will get worse... then im having a break for a few months, sick to death of first cleans and it all needs refining and sorting out into a manageable order. My only aim is to keep it at 60k till about septemeber then once its all settled down ill kick on again.

I need to make sure i`ve developed a scaleable system before i employ another, theres no point growing a disorganised round as will  be forever chasing my tail. One thing i have learnt is that when taking on new work you need to do it slowly and fit all the pieces of the jigsaw together, ive taken on 150 customers since Jan and my round now resembles a jigsaw thats still in its box, all the pieces are there but its going to take some putting back together!

When someone else is doing it, it doesnt have to be "cream" work, it only has to be profitable.

Slacky

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2018, 04:59:30 pm »
If you're unsure about whether you'll make 80K just advertise for pressure washing.

Stoots

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2018, 06:05:30 pm »
If you're unsure about whether you'll make 80K just advertise for pressure washing.

In Surrey I'd imagine this to be great advice.

Been there and done it, I make more cleaning windows.

Slacky

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2018, 06:36:28 pm »
I do the same in a morning pressure washing as I do 6 hours window cleaning.

Stoots

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2018, 06:40:51 pm »

I can believe it mate. I never managed to sell enough jobs at decent enough prices to make it work. I still have a washer, it's something I will probably look at again in the future. If I did it again I'd target bigger jobs and be willing to travel for it.

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2018, 06:43:15 pm »
Cant find the original thread, so here is another one.

So here we are, 4 months into my 15 month push to £80k. As we all know the weather really has been a challenge hasn't it this year fellas? Snow then Rain, then really cold snaps, and really hot spells...its nuts this weather. At least the "out the woodwork" ones haven't been out much this year yet, so many people i have spoken to haven't seen their yearly window cleaner at all yet  ;D.

Anyway lets get to the figures; i have been increasing the prices of my older list customers by one or two quid per clean, and so far no one has complained; so that's a good start. I lost another customer though; she was a long standing customer, and its sad to loose her; but she moved to a bigger, flashier, grander house and started being late with payments as the price was 3 times more than she used to pay...lets just say we had words and she is no longer a customer, its always the ones that are the nicest and the best payers that when they go bad, its goes bad in a BIG way lol...anyway no biggie, she was a scatty cow anyway.

So old customer list is sitting at £46,554.
New customer list is currently at £4,701, of which £1518 is new signups in April. Incidentally, the most in one month so far.

So i am currently sitting at a customer list of £51,255.

Only 9k to go before i plonk a bloke in a van, and push to 80k ramps up significantly. And i still have not done any canvassing, this is all recommendations. 

This ends the update so far....convo ensue....... ;D

if your not actively seeking work by canvassing etc and just taking on work from recommendations its not really a "push" to 80k.....its more like a "gentle stroll" and hoping...... ;D
price higher/work harder!

Slacky

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2018, 06:45:59 pm »

I can believe it mate. I never managed to sell enough jobs at decent enough prices to make it work. I still have a washer, it's something I will probably look at again in the future. If I did it again I'd target bigger jobs and be willing to travel for it.

Did this this morning and some more about the same size round the back. PW, turbo nozzle the driveway, biocide and will come back to sand next week hopefully. £365.

Finished 1:00.

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2018, 06:49:59 pm »

i did 5 hours pressure washing last sunday and got bugger all for it...... ;D ;D(girlfriends decking!)its ruddy hard work and messy.....id rather stick to window cleaning TBH..... :)
price higher/work harder!

nathankaye

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2018, 07:04:32 pm »

i did 5 hours pressure washing last sunday and got bugger all for it...... ;D ;D(girlfriends decking!)its ruddy hard work and messy.....id rather stick to window cleaning TBH..... :)

You scored brownie points with your lass n im sure she will reward you in kind  :o
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Splash & dash

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2018, 07:27:59 pm »

Apart from paying to replace melted window frames 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Marc Stock

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2018, 07:30:06 pm »
I would consider doing pressure washing. But its window cleaning thats the core business for now.

Stoots

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2018, 09:31:32 pm »

Did this this morning and some more about the same size round the back. PW, turbo nozzle the driveway, biocide and will come back to sand next week hopefully. £365.

I don't think I'd have a hope in hell getting that price. Maybe half that.

How are you advertising?

AdWords?

did you build the website yourself btw?

Splash & dash

« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2018, 09:45:07 pm »

Nice job that , I don’t think that’s expensive it’s a reasonable price we are very similar with our pricing : I quoted a job the other day at £400 the customer got other quotes the lowest being £125 , he phoned me asking why I was so much dearer than the other firms , I explained to him how I arrived at that price he said yes that makes sense go ahead and do the job we are doing it in a couple of weeks just goes to show going in cheap doesn’t always get the job : bit like the Stella add reassuringly expensive 😂😂😂😂😂

Bungle

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2018, 11:20:04 pm »

Nice job that , I don’t think that’s expensive it’s a reasonable price we are very similar with our pricing : I quoted a job the other day at £400 the customer got other quotes the lowest being £125 , he phoned me asking why I was so much dearer than the other firms , I explained to him how I arrived at that price he said yes that makes sense go ahead and do the job we are doing it in a couple of weeks just goes to show going in cheap doesn’t always get the job : bit like the Stella add reassuringly expensive 😂😂😂😂😂

Piece of pish if you turn up in your fire engine and give it a good blast. £400 a minute can't be bad  :D
We look at them, they look through them.

Slacky

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2018, 11:50:05 pm »

I don't think I'd have a hope in hell getting that price. Maybe half that.

How are you advertising?

AdWords?

did you build the website yourself btw?

I did the website myself. I use Adwords.

Slacky

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2018, 11:51:01 pm »

Apart from paying to replace melted window frames 😂😂😂😂😂😂

;D ;D

This is where insurance tends to help.

Slacky

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2018, 11:55:48 pm »
Got a load of these delivered today.