Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Cookie

Quote Conversion Rates
« on: April 19, 2018, 09:59:30 am »
The walk ups & 'phone calls have started now that the sunshine is coming out. Yes, it's that's time of year at last....

I don't really want much more work so I'm pricing high and the quote conversion rate is about 50% (compared to 80% to 90% when I first started out). I'm getting a lot of "I'll ask my husband/wife" etc... which is really a polite form 'No' IMO.

Just wondered what your quote conversion rates are....

Soupy

Re: Quote Conversion Rates
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 10:16:33 am »
Our aim is 50%

At the moment it's more like 75% Might need to up the prices.
A fully paid up  memeber of the blue pill community

Smudger

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 11:08:32 am »
yes its running at around 70% of everything quoted

been pretty steady over the years with some purple patches in there

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Stoots

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2018, 12:18:15 pm »
Well I have been getting 80% as lowered prices a bit to get some extra work fast . There going back up now though as sun's out and can't keep up .

Normally I'm 30-50%

Cookie

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2018, 12:57:06 pm »
Well I have been getting 80% as lowered prices a bit to get some extra work fast . There going back up now though as sun's out and can't keep up .

Normally I'm 30-50%

If you put prices up too soon after taking them on you'll lose some jobs (I learned this from bitter experience & lost some jobs that were really convenient for me & that I enjoyed doing). So make sure you're only increasing prices for jobs you don't mind losing.

nathankaye

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2018, 12:59:54 pm »
Im probably around 40 - 50%
But im pleased with that
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Marc Stock

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2018, 01:44:07 pm »
Well at the moment im getting 100% of the quotes im doing, but they are all from word of mouth recommendations, and my last one just got was for £50 every two months and thats just a semi.

NWH

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2018, 02:01:33 pm »
I’ve had about 5 enquiries over the last few weeks I’ve quoted 4 of em and haven’t got any of em,this time of year they all come out like 🦔 in hibernation. I quoted 3 houses in a private cul de sac 40-45 each,I had 1 bloke say would you do it cheaper if you get all 3 I said no I won’t sorry why will you and the other house split the lost 40 between you to make  it worth me coming out to you still lol. I don’t know when a lot of window cleaners will learn that people only want there windows cleaning this time of the year if they are time wasters,the chances are when the weathers worsens they will say can we leave it till next spring or can we do them every 4 months. People this time of the year will always have to pay more for me to take them on,it’s called time wasters TAX

NWH

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2018, 02:04:21 pm »
Serious customers that will be reliable will want someone any month of the year yet we still think spring is the time to canvass,you won’t know if they are good customers until it comes round to having them for the full year till next spring,see if They are with you then lots won’t be.

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2018, 03:46:52 pm »
Get a lot of  online requests are for one off gutters fascia and soffits windows

I don’t want them anymore so pass them on to few youngsters locally

We keep about 50-70% quotes for windows but I quote fairly well as I don’t want low prices jobs for quality can’t keep up as it is

They all get an initial clean charge on first clean  which seems to put of the time wasters,

NWH

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2018, 05:05:11 pm »
It’s not a case of genuine people wanting Windows cleaned this time of the year imo this time of year is time wasters month,most quotes this month I’ve needed to do haven’t got done. I’ve just had 1 I said I’ll quote next week they came back and said I’ve got someone else now thanks anyway,I said how much I had pictures to quote from the guy did an oasthouse conversion for £35 😂 see what I mean a waste of time.

robbo333

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2018, 05:13:07 pm »
I've binned off a load of crap recently (and feel much better for it),
so I am quoting average prices at the moment and getting about 80% of all quotes.
I'd like to build it up a bit, before I put my prices up on old work.
Anyone I think is part of the 'Silly Season', I just say I can't do them for 2 weeks; that tends to sort out the 'hard core' messers.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

NWH

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2018, 05:16:47 pm »
I start to doubt myself if I get a quote accepted these days 😂 but I can see I would soon be a busy fool if I quoted to just get the work. There’s a hell of a lot of people out there cleaning £40 jobs for 20-25,jobs that should be 40 I mean ,tempting to just take the job if you’ve staff that’s my opinion.

NWH

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2018, 05:18:51 pm »
It’s like  the 3 I had to quote I said I’m really busy she said I want it doing by Monday and it was the Friday before,I smiled and got back in the van.

Shrek

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2018, 05:41:58 pm »
My minimum now is £15 for monthly work , pushing the every other month jobs instead. Seems to be working, some of my old jobs I had to put up and they’ve cancelled so happy days. The less jobs I have to do for more money ,  the better !  :)

John Mart

« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2018, 05:50:59 pm »
People make the assumption that they are getting their conversion rate based on price and if it's low that means they price high. That's silly.

Shrek

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2018, 06:06:42 pm »
People make the assumption that they are getting their conversion rate based on price and if it's low that means they price high. That's silly.

How’s it silly ? If the amount of jobs people are getting after they quote with a high price , are low - then the conversion rate is low is it not? 

NWH

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2018, 06:13:47 pm »
Yeah I agree my conversion rate is very low these days as I never price to just get the job I can’t see the point,we would never move forward in price increases if that was the case. I’d rather have 50 high priced jobs over a 100 priced at an average or below average price just to fool myself into thinking I was busy, the same amount in half the time makes more sense to me although I think people with 3-4 staff think differently they need a large turnover of work and more often than not its priced to just get the work I see it all the time. If I want £100 for a job a firm might send 2 blokes round to clean it for 50-£60 if they ain’t got to get there hands dirty they think about quotes in a whole different light because they simply need a larger turnover of work,I don’t.

NWH

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2018, 06:32:52 pm »
I looked over some old diary’s at prices I was shocked at how some jobs hadn’t gone up for years,time flys by.

dazmond

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2018, 07:03:06 pm »
i reckon i get 8 out of 10 quotes.i dont price too high....just fair for both me and the customer......
price higher/work harder!