This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Slacky

This week....
« on: December 10, 2017, 04:36:13 pm »
.... looks interesting.

It'll sort the men from the boys, although Daz has already reserved his place in the mens cubicle.

LBWCS

Re: This week....
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 05:33:02 pm »
On a cold water system how cold can it be and still work? Looking at -4 here all day. Thinking my hose will freeze at that temp  ???

Don Kee

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 06:00:07 pm »
Moving water doesn’t freeze

Oil filled radiator over night, if you use a tap just leave it open so you have a trickle of water coming out.
Be sensible when and where you’re leaving water, maybe brush away any puddles you make...

Can’t be that hard can it?

Come Tuesday and it’ll be better anyway.
Why don't you have a quick google before making stupid comments?

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2017, 06:08:14 pm »
Moving water most certainly does freeze!!
Comfortably Numb!

Splash & dash

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2017, 06:11:04 pm »
Moving water doesn’t freeze

Oil filled radiator over night, if you use a tap just leave it open so you have a trickle of water coming out.
Be sensible when and where you’re leaving water, maybe brush away any puddles you make...

Can’t be that hard can it?

Come Tuesday and it’ll be better anyway.

Moving water doesn’t freeze ????? Only got to look at the poles to see that’s not true , moving water will freeze it will freeze nearest the outside of the hose first and then continue to freeze towards the centre

P @ F

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2017, 07:00:42 pm »
I remember back in 2010 , i was rinsing off panes on a connie and it was freezing solid as the water was sheeting down the glass .
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

alank

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2017, 07:01:30 pm »
At the end of the day if it's freezing on the glass it's time to call it a day we work in north Durham and the weather can be challenging at times to say the least. We work in almost any weather but at times even using hot all you achieve is leaving ice all over customers windows it's minus 5 here tonight and zero to one degree tomorrow so experience says take tomorrow off and do something else instead work more on the better days including Saturday's if required.

alank

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2017, 07:05:06 pm »
Yes p&f 2009 - 2010 was terrible but for those of us who got through it know this weather is nothing in comparison.

Soupy

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2017, 07:10:22 pm »
This week......

......I have mostly been eating, bourbon biscuits.
A fully paid up  memeber of the blue pill community

Shrek

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2017, 07:23:13 pm »
Moving water does freeze , a couple of years ago I was cleaning a window and the water started freezing as it was sheeting down and my brush stuck to the Rudy window!!

Went home and had a coffee ☕️ instead

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2017, 08:06:05 pm »
At the end of the day if it's freezing on the glass it's time to call it a day we work in north Durham and the weather can be challenging at times to say the least. We work in almost any weather but at times even using hot all you achieve is leaving ice all over customers windows it's minus 5 here tonight and zero to one degree tomorrow so experience says take tomorrow off and do something else instead work more on the better days including Saturday's if required.

You can work down to - 4 with hot no problem. Don't look for excuses just say you fancy a day off! 😃
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2017, 08:14:45 pm »
It's forecast - 3 here for Tuesday daytime  too. Sod having 2 days off. Only 10 working days till Xmas(i don't work weekends). Crack on lads and get your money earned and Xmas tips in.  :)
price higher/work harder!

P @ F

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2017, 08:26:18 pm »
This week......

......I have mostly been eating, bourbon biscuits.

I hope you aint been dunkin them in yer Scotch Broth  ;D

I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

nathankaye

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2017, 08:52:36 pm »
If your using near on freezing water from your tank, running an already cold hose on freezing cold pavement/roads or over snow/ice as some may be doing and then finally applying that now very cold water onto a cold window or a cold conservatory window, the chances are it will freeze.

But, wack on the heat, be sensible in use and crack on earning a days wage....... Fantastic  ;D
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Plankton

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2017, 08:53:05 pm »
Gutter cleaning is no use, I've just broke my brand new softwash pump and everything else in the van is solid so I can safely say I'll be Christmas shopping tomorrow. Temp outside  -7.6

alank

« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2017, 09:10:59 pm »
Yup Daz I fancy Monday off I'm up to date with all work and had work done on my pickup today so why not ;D

Frankybadboy

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2017, 09:59:34 pm »
Honestly

i wish it snow for week  and be -10 until the new year

i need a holiday  ;D ;D ;D

KS Cleaning

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2017, 10:12:30 pm »
I agree if it's freezing on glass it's time to call it a day, but it won't freeze at zero or one degrees apart from the odd conservatory so easily workable.

paul alan

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2017, 10:22:49 pm »
Everything is deep frozen here already and its going to get colder and colder till 9am, put the immersion on till morning but am taking the day off as kids school is closed due to weather tomorrow.

Back to it Tuesday with a vengeance! Been off since Thursday(mostly) so will be chomping at the bit .

Slacky

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2017, 10:49:05 pm »
I’ve got a strange week, work tomorrow, indoor job. Funeral down in Bristol Tuesday. Wednesday, back to the Monday job, carry on insides and hopefully finish them off.

Thursday, Grippa, hot water system being fitted.

Friday, might still be with Grippa or tinkering at work..