Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Steve Weatherley

Rectus 21 and ez snap
« on: December 10, 2017, 01:37:40 pm »
Does anyone know if they are incompatible i.e using a male rectus 21 with female ez snap. I have recently been finding that I am constantly replacing connectors and often find that they leak from the start. Particularly interested in the recent thread about alternative connectors.

Simon Trapani

Re: Rectus 21 and ez snap
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 01:52:20 pm »
They're the same connector.

andyM

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 01:58:23 pm »
I'd advise switching to the Pro 026 if you can as they are more robust and last longer than the 21's.
One of the Plebs

Steve Weatherley

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2017, 02:02:16 pm »
They're the same connector......ok so why is there such a big price difference between the retailers. Female EZ Snap connectors under a fiver each with Gardiners but other retailers who market them as rectus 21 are charging double?
If they are the same then I must have bought a bad batch of rectus 21 recently

Steve Weatherley

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2017, 02:06:02 pm »
I'd advise switching to the Pro 026 if you can as they are more robust and last longer than the 21's.
I agree they last longer and I'm considering going back to using them as i did a couple of years ago.  My only problem with the  26 is how much more difficult they are to connect.......my wife struggles with them when she helps me

Simon Trapani

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2017, 10:36:04 pm »
I think there's some cheap copy rectus 21 on ebay. Don't seem to last as long. Protecta balls help. Either ready made or buy them as practice golf balls on ebay & drill them yourself.

paul alan

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2017, 08:23:23 am »
I agree they last longer and I'm considering going back to using them as i did a couple of years ago.  My only problem with the  26 is how much more difficult they are to connect.......my wife struggles with them when she helps me

The wife struggle's hey?? hahaha....only joking mate know what you mean as my wife works with me too.

Don't you find the pro26 a bit on the huge side  though? I bought a couple off gardiner's and I think I'm going to swap it out today and weigh it in.

robbo333

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2017, 09:53:24 am »
I use gardeners ez-snap, they’re ok with a small protector ball. I like them because they fit up inside the pole if I have to add my extensions.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"