Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

DeLuce

Slick Connect
« on: December 09, 2017, 06:17:29 pm »
Howdy!
Out of interest, has anybody tried these latest offerings from Exceed Innovation? The hose connectors to replace a rectus fitting.
If so, would you mind giving a review? Or will I have to buy some and review them?? ;D

bobplum

Re: Slick Connect
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017, 06:39:13 pm »
just ordered some, should be here in a few days, from what people say they seem good, and robust

Soupy

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2017, 06:46:15 pm »
I bought a pair to see what like they were.

They were far too stiff to connect/disconnect. I guess that's fine if you use some sort of tap - aquadapter type thingamajig but I don't.

I use rectus 26ka fittings, I have yet to see anything better. Although well designed and thought out, compared to sturdy brass rectus fittings they feel cheap - lightweight. If they were cheaper it might be worth trialling them properly.

They joined the pile of crap I've bought but never used.
A fully paid up  memeber of the blue pill community

DeLuce

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2017, 07:26:40 pm »
Thanks bob and Soupy.
Mmmm,  doesn't sound too good from you Soupy.
Hopefully get a few more trying them out and see what the general consensus will be.  :D
Thanks.

CasaDeCabra

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2017, 07:54:34 pm »
Bought one, bigger than you might expect. I'd recently changed to a DIY hoseless set up and it worked OK. Still got stuck on stuff but not as much as the protectaballs.

I've started to use straight inline connectors 8mm to 6mm with no clips as the fit is really tight (lot's of hot water needed). I consider it a bad day if the hose snags more than 3 or 4 times now. It used to be 3 or4 times a job.

LBWCS

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2017, 09:16:21 pm »
I've had some for about three weeks now. I can't fault them. Easy to connect and disconnect. And the V shape means the drag on the floor without getting caught in every thing. The best bit is the actual connectors are protected inside from dirt and damage, so hopefully they will last a long time also.

DeLuce

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2017, 10:40:19 pm »
Cheers LB.  I think I'll give them a go. See if they suit me.

P @ F

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2017, 10:48:44 pm »
What are they actually meant to connect , from what to what ?
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

P @ F

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2017, 10:52:51 pm »
Bought one, bigger than you might expect. I'd recently changed to a DIY hoseless set up and it worked OK. Still got stuck on stuff but not as much as the protectaballs.

I've started to use straight inline connectors 8mm to 6mm with no clips as the fit is really tight (lot's of hot water needed). I consider it a bad day if the hose snags more than 3 or 4 times now. It used to be 3 or4 times a job.

Do you connect micro bore on the 8 side and pole hose on the 6 side , does it stay without clips , and most important are you running hot ?
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Soupy

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2017, 11:28:29 pm »
What are they actually meant to connect , from what to what ?

It's hose ends.

Hose reel > pole hose.

Jonny 87

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2017, 08:52:45 am »

Can I ask how you did the diy hoseless?

That’s a good idea with the barb fitting you have, means all your hose reels back onto the reel during the day too which would save me a bit of time. Im Always looking for more efficiency.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

zesty

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2017, 08:58:01 am »

That’s a good idea with the barb fitting you have, means all your hose reels back onto the reel during the day too which would save me a bit of time. Im Always looking for more efficiency.

Johnny I’ve been ‘hoseless’ For a couple of years, I use:

8mm to 6mm brass barb from mini bore to pole hose,

then a john guest straight fit from pole hose into the pole (the pole has about 8 inches of pole hose sticking out ready to be clipped into the John guest fitting)

It’s simple and works brilliantly!

Means all the pole hose gets wound onto the reel, and I can take sections on and off so easily whilst working, give it a go  ;)

Spruce

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2017, 09:12:46 am »

They were far too stiff to connect/disconnect. I guess that's fine if you use some sort of tap - aquadapter type thingamajig but I don't.

I use rectus 26ka fittings, I have yet to see anything better. Although well designed and thought out, compared to sturdy brass rectus fittings they feel cheap - lightweight. If they were cheaper it might be worth trialling them properly.

Steve has some lubricant for sale to make the connection/disconnection easier Soupy.  In my experience, any lubrication has dirt stick to it which kind of defeats its original purpose.

Someone else on the forum complained that once set up they couldn't be removed from the hose it was fitted to.

I guessing that he is refering to the photo on the bottom left. It shows a slot and thenn a square recess just above it. I would imagine those are locating points.  I'm interested to know if the other windies experience is correct.

The other thing that 'concerns' me is the "O" ring. Is it a standard off the self size one or an odd ball one? The reason for this concern is that he has already fitted a none off the shelf "O" ring inside the Univalve. I haven't seen a listing on his site for a replacement "O" ring.

I honestly really like the concept, but to make all the equipment interchangeable it will cost me a small fortune to do. On the other hand, since we have been using Steve's 360 protector, we haven't had the replace Rectus fittings since.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

andyM

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2017, 09:49:11 am »
I understand that Steve from Exceed is running a business and needs to make a profit.
But I've been noticing recently that his consumable items are way overpriced compared to other sources.
I needed to buy some o clips recently and 10 including postage were just under a tenner on his site.
So I bought 10 from an Ebay seller for £2 including delivery.
There's been one or two other times were I feel I've paid well over market value for items from him and unless it's an item I can't get from another source I always shop elsewhere now.   
One of the Plebs

paul alan

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2017, 10:06:28 am »

Johnny I’ve been ‘hoseless’ For a couple of years, I use:

8mm to 6mm brass barb from mini bore to pole hose,

then a john guest straight fit from pole hose into the pole (the pole has about 8 inches of pole hose sticking out ready to be clipped into the John guest fitting)

It’s simple and works brilliantly!

Means all the pole hose gets wound onto the reel, and I can take sections on and off so easily whilst working, give it a go  ;)

sounds great but what stops the water flow when you disconnect?

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2017, 10:43:33 am »
there way to big and just not as good as i thought they were going to be from stev , if he made them the same size as the ez oo the 21s they would be so much better

Spruce

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2017, 11:08:38 am »
there way to big and just not as good as i thought they were going to be from stev , if he made them the same size as the ez oo the 21s they would be so much better

That will be the MK2 and MK3 versions Susan and they won't be interchangeable.  ;D
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

DeLuce

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2017, 12:26:22 pm »

Steve has some lubricant for sale to make the connection/disconnection easier Soupy.  In my experience, any lubrication has dirt stick to it which kind of defeats its original purpose.

Someone else on the forum complained that once set up they couldn't be removed from the hose it was fitted to.

I guessing that he is refering to the photo on the bottom left. It shows a slot and thenn a square recess just above it. I would imagine those are locating points.  I'm interested to know if the other windies experience is correct.

The other thing that 'concerns' me is the "O" ring. Is it a standard off the self size one or an odd ball one? The reason for this concern is that he has already fitted a none off the shelf "O" ring inside the Univalve. I haven't seen a listing on his site for a replacement "O" ring.

I honestly really like the concept, but to make all the equipment interchangeable it will cost me a small fortune to do. On the other hand, since we have been using Steve's 360 protector, we haven't had the replace Rectus fittings since.

That's what I was thinking! I like the concept, but how do they perform in real life situation.
I hadn't thought about the 'o' ring replacement, good point!!
But, the cack getting between the connector joint and twist connection, I did wonder about that as an issue longer term.

DeLuce

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2017, 12:29:44 pm »
Out of interest, would this connector go up inside the pole tube as a Rectus fitting, or is it too bulky?

Soupy

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2017, 01:07:22 pm »
Too bulky.